Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

[MOC] Corporate Alliance Tank Droid

indexed.gif

Hi everybody, it's been a long time since I last posted in the Star wars Forum (apart for the Staff Contest).

Today I want to share with you my last mini-scale creation: the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid

corporatealliancetankdroid_003.jpg

corporatealliancetankdroid_006.jpg

Classic side view

It took me about 1 hour and two false starts to put it together; while it's not perfect, I'm very satisfied with what I got in the end. I'm so much satisfied that I made two of them :laugh:

corporatealliancetankdroid_009.jpg

BS Gallery

Comments and Critics are welcome.

Thanks for watching :classic:

LuxorV

Wow these are really neat LuxorV.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks KimT :sweet:

For some reason, I find this slug droid really cute and I wanted to create a sort of pet-like big-eyed version of it :laugh:

Espect more SW minis from me in the future :wink:

LuxorV

I second that KimT, those minis look straight out of a Lego box (although they don't seem to make them any anymore :sceptic: )

All the nice Clone Wars minis lately have gone to brickmaster, but lets not start a rant about that.

The binocular pieces are perfect for dual laser cannons and of course the small dark bley disks are perfect for the sides.

I hope to see the large counterpart in stores in the UK/ on the website soon!

Edited by The Rancor

These are really good, but to me the front 'legs' seem a little to long. This could possibly be fixed by raising the center discs up and moving them a tad bit forward. But other than that, great job :thumbup:

Thanks all for the positive feedback :classic:

These are really good, but to me the front 'legs' seem a little to long. This could possibly be fixed by raising the center discs up and moving them a tad bit forward. But other than that, great job :thumbup:

Yes, they're indeed a bit too long. I built them that way for two reasons; one because I wanted to enphasize some details (like said 'front legs' and the 'eyes'); secondarly... because it was easier to do :tongue:

Btw, I'm glad I chose to build this mini, since it was a good opportunity to have a better look at the original model, and to get a better understanding of the design; I must admit I used to look at it and sell only the slug-like anterior; it was interesting to have to develope a good shape to include the back wheels?/shiels? and to ballance (as best as I could) the overall design :blush:

LuxorV