lightningtiger

MOC - Shell Service Station

Thanks to everyone responding to the poll, I could see what people liked in a service station.

Now this....oh, sorry about the picture quality it was taken on my mobile phone.

0000_1_shell_servo_99.jpg

More pictures comming later (especially after I get the second bowser hose tomorrow :blush: ), comments and suggestions welcome.....keep watching ! :grin:

Nice one, captures the style of a few of those older sets whilst looking a bit more modern.

I wonder however if the roof canopy needs to be so high.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Nice one, captures the style of a few of those older sets whilst looking a bit more modern.

I wonder however if the roof canopy needs to be so high.

:classic: :classic:

Thanks 'AJ' and the reason for the high roof, pump 1 is diesel......prime movers etc.,.

Brick On ! :grin:

Nice piece of eh, gas station? :blush:

Lookin forvard to tomorrow :drool:

Looks like I really should stop drinking that cofee have not done any progress with my bricks or brains...

:grin:

Thanks 'jonwil', 'ice brick', 'MSC94' and again 'AJ' for your kind comments etc.,. :sweet:

Ah, 'jonwil' could you tell where I got the Shell stickering from.....copy & paste from BL ! :laugh:

Hopefully later on I can give you all a better look at this creation of mine, only a custom figure and fuel hose short at the moment.....keep on commenting.....keep on watching ! :grin:

Quick edit, 'AJ' spoke about the roof height.....compare this one to door ways and bowsers.

shopfront.jpg

Edited by lightningtiger

Nice one LT! :thumbup: I like the raised canopy, it makes sense, since there are a lot of trucks or even huge tour buses that need to top up after a long trip in the outback. Do you have the actual pic?

Thanks 'Studs Not On Top' and 'Out of Sight' for your kind words, actually this is a fusion design of real life and classic Legotown sets. The stickering comes from the 1999 Shell promo gas pumps and Select shop. :wink:

Hopefully, I can get good shots of the interior of the shop tomorrow - keep on watching ! :grin:

Another fine job, LT!!! You have truly came into your own, doing the modern-classic Lego designs. Will be on the lookout for the interior updates.

Thanks 'drevim' and 'LEGO Train 12 Volts' for your kind comments, today yes, more photos (sad to say they might be the camera in my phone ones though....sorry :blush: ).

I have to come up with a custom figure as well today, but it's at least 95% finished.

Keep on watching for the update. :grin:

Great start 'lt'. I prefer Shell over any other gas station, myself. Great idea for the gas pump poles. Looking forward to the next update default_classic.gif

Thanks 'Leg Godt Gud' for your kind words there, updated photos in three hours or less ! :wink:

Keep on watching......oh, yeah.....any suggestions ? :wink:

(Footnote - pub is still on going, plus car dealer and shopping centre are facing redesigning and waiting on a stacks of money for stacks of special parts..tiles and tiles and more tiles :blush: )

Thanks 'Ben Blackman', now only a hose to go.....

0000_1_shell_servo_98.jpg

0000_1_shell_servo_998.jpg

0000_1_shell_servo_997.jpg

I'm off now to buy that hose - updating again shortly.

Keep those comments comming !

Nice new pictures! :thumbup:

I like the noticeboard behind the shop counter! :classic:

Thanks 'LEGO Trains 12 Volts', but that's no notice board...it's pegboard with merchandise on it ! :wink:

Keep watching ! :grin:

Looks Great my friend. But one question, Where's the classic Shell Logo?

Brick on

~LCM

Edited by LegoCityMann

Thanks 'dr_spock' and 'LCM' for your comments, my own problem today is TC didn't have my hose but tomorrow they will.

A Shell sign eh ? Maybe. :wink:

Keep on watching.....keep on commenting ! :grin:

There's a part two to this creation, the roadhouse diner....yes, this will become an extension to a greater creation......so any ideas of what you like in a diner suggest away ! :grin:

I should be picking up that hose today and if I can get hold of the Cybershot I can shoot better pictures. :wink:

Keep watching and commenting ! :wink:

Finally I found a photo to prove the height is right for the driveway roof.

7531063_ea07b3e118.jpg

On the hunt for roadhouse diner frontage designs right now ! :wink:

Keep on watching ! :grin: