Sign in to follow this  
Captain K.

update my HMS Leopard

Hey Captain K.,

this looks quite good. I esspecially like the stern and its shape. The overall appeareance is very impressive, no doubt there :thumbup:

The Royal sail on the foremast is missing, but that's not such a big issue.

I do like the RN colorscheme although i feel like an ornamental line at the top deck would have been nice to break up all that black!

Also i think the hull should be more brown, atm it looks a bit strange with brown prefabs and black bricks on top.

The figurehead is beautiful, i think your headrails are a bit incomplete though.

The size you're building at is pretty critical (9 midsections). Most people here on the forums think that 7 midsections is the maximum, personally I think 8 is possible although hard to manage.

In this case I feel the size, esspecially at the stern, to be somewhat too large for prefabs. The length/width ratio is pretty good, but to achieve this you had to expand by 4 studs with slopes on each side which i think looks a bit weird.

If you're rebuilding it at some point, you should add a tumblehome IMO.

Still a fine vessel! One of the best RN ships so far on this forum.

-Perfectionist

Great ship you've made there!

The image in the middle is awesome. I like the colourscheme a lot.

However, there's also a bit room for improvement. The bow (especially the headrails) is not perfect yet.

Also, I would remove the square sail on the bottom of the mizzen mast (if you look at real pictures, you'll see they (almost) never had them).

But the stern is great and so is the size! :pir-sweet: Good job!

oh my god, you have done a HUGE update in ur ship man, i really like it alot and the colors are perfect, but my favorite part of this ship is absolutly that back gallery :pir-wub: it is beatifull ship indeed mate. Great work, keep it up!

Captain Becker

Oh my gosh that's big. nice job. I like your figure head idea. Hw many cannons?

A worthy sister ship of the HMS Unicorn! I'd be proud to be with that whilst blowing up the french ships!

I think it looks great! The colors are a very nice improvement and it looks like you improved the tublehome and the stern a bit too.

Overall, I love it!

Hello,

thank you for your answers and notes.

@ Perfectionist, Admiral Croissant

There is still something to improve anyway.

@ Capt.JohnPaul

The ship has 60 cannons.

Capt. K

What an amazing update! Especially the stern is so awesome, nice curves!

Like Perfectionist said before, the headrails look like a bit unfinished with the single line.

The flag at the stern could be a larger one, but for the rest it is just an amazing vessel. Good job on the rigging as well!

blogged.png

Soon! :pir-classic:

Great update captain, especially the stern has improved a lot since the previous version.

I have to agree with some that the bow isn't perfect yet, but apart from that she looks really great! :thumbup:

The ship is very nice, and so are the colours. Also, although I'm sure I don't need to point it out, but that thing is GIGANTIC. Congrats on building such a nice ship!