hhcBrick

MOC: Dockyard Rail Freight Terminal

traintech1.jpg

This is a container crane which can load freight from train waggons onto ships. It is part of a larger dockyard which I am in the process of building. More photos on my Flickr Page.

crane1.jpg

crane2.jpg

Really EXCELLENT design there 'hhcBrick' :thumbup: - great how you inset the rails in to the dock like they are in real life.

The detail is wonderful, plus the ship looks more realistic than the city harbour set of a few years ago of which I have three sets. Now you getting me thinking for my country town I'm building what I can come up with.

Anyway great work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice crane and ship. This is exactly something I would like to apply to my own harbour. I might use your crane for inspiration to make my own. Keep up the good work.

Great work, it's pretty big. I like how clean it looks, normally I like at least a little litter and grime on MOCs like these, but you make it work here.

And again, some how you make the colors work here, as normally a blue and red crane would look really out of place in reality.

Thanks for all your comments! :classic:

'lightningtiger', I agree about the recent Lego harbour set. It felt half-finished compared to the great detail on the original Lego harbour sets from the 90s. As well as building a larger ship in the style of the ones that came in the 90s sets (6541 & 6542) I made some modifications to the single hull ship from 7994 which you can see here.

'Spyder', blue container cranes do exist. Have a look at the 'Container' ident for Channel 4 TV in the UK here. Scroll down the page a bit to see it. Not quite such a bright blue as Lego I agree, and the red is a bit of artistic license, but Lego people love their primary colours! :wink:

Really nice design here, especially the crane! This is definitely much more appealing than the officially released set. I'm guessing your crane may have used some pieces from the Launch'N'Load Seaport? :classic: This MOC has me thinking I might revamp my own seaport as I really like the way you have put yours together.

Great work!

-Davey

very nice terminal Set up. looking for some clues, do agree this is a old thread but excellent one.

On 28/04/2010 at 4:08 AM, andy16806 said:

CRANOVATE