Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

BNSF Caboose MOC

I stumbled upon this today. It's a great rendition of a BNSF caboose. This would go very nicely with the BNSF engine. A very nice MOC:

caboose_bnsf_301a.jpg

I saw this, too, yesterday. Since I'm not all too familiar with American train colors and don't know if it's common cabooses sport the same colors as the locos I'm not really fond of the color scheme. I love it on the loco, but I like this builder's Santa Fe Caboose more.

caboose_santa_fe_a.jpg

The BNSF version somehow is... so colorful... dunno, cabooses to me are either brown-ish or red-ish, that's just how I picture them ;-)

But the models look darn good, either one of them!

This is a picture of a real BSNF caboose.

It's pretty dirty!

Yeah it is ;-) But it shows the models are pretty accurate...

Impressively accurate.... 8-|

I think I should buy the TLC Burlington Northern Santa Fe Locomotive set.... right now.

Impressively accurate.... 8-|

I think I should buy the TLC Burlington Northern Santa Fe Locomotive set.... right now.

Hurry, they're already sold out in the US and I haven't seen any in the Stores here. S@H still has them (but for 41.99 now, used to be 39.99 a year or so ago)...

Hurry, they're already sold out in the US and I haven't seen any in the Stores here. S@H still has them (but for 41.99 now, used to be 39.99 a year or so ago)...

I was in the TRU

Really?!?! You know the price? Sometimes TRU is a little lower than SRP...

Not too cheap,

The cargo train already comes with the RC system. Or do you mean if the new motor fits into the BNSF? That would be blasphemy ;-)

Anyway, when you have the cargo train I might just drop by in the "eleventh" and have a look see ;-)

That

And you would need to drop till Schwechat.... ;-)

I like the airport ;-)

Back on topic: does anybody actually know what's in that cabin on top of the roof? The MOT caboose just uses a "container" on a 4x6 plate with no connection to the main cabin below. Is that a sleeping compartment or what? A look-out? I haven't "googled" yet...

Edit: Never mind, I found it. It's a cupola where "The crew sat in elevated seats in order to inspect the train from this perch."

Elevated seats... hmm... that would make an interesting modification ,and shouldn't be too difficult... hmmm...

Edited by Hobbes

I like the airport ;-)

Back on topic: does anybody actually know what's in that cabin on top of the roof? The MOT caboose just uses a "container" on a 4x6 plate with no connection to the main cabin below. Is that a sleeping compartment or what? A look-out? I haven't "googled" yet...

Edit: Never mind, I found it. It's a cupola where "The crew sat in elevated seats in order to inspect the train from this perch."

Elevated seats... hmm... that would make an interesting modification ,and shouldn't be too difficult... hmmm...

You should check it out on wikipedia. The box on top is actually a look-out so the can check if any of the cargo has come loose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caboose

I saw this, too, yesterday. Since I'm not all too familiar with American train colors and don't know if it's common cabooses sport the same colors as the locos I'm not really fond of the color scheme. I love it on the loco, but I like this builder's Santa Fe Caboose more.

It is common to have a caboose in the same color(s) as the engine; although I rarely see the same when the train is rolling.

Here's a shot of the real thing:

caboose.gif