Sign in to follow this  
Jacob C.

Cool Fort and Battle scene

Ohh my this has to be the most beautiful piece of art I have seen...WOW. Thank you for sharing...I can't get my eyes off it.

That's an awesome fort *y*

The ships are good too, but not quite up to the level of quality as the fort.

Not so sure about the cotton :-/ I guess it's ok.

yeah the cotton for smoke was rather cheesy and at times i wondered....why was it in the spot it was?

Anywho a lot of love and patience went into this fort and i love it.

model1.jpg

Ahhh... This is more of a "sculpture" or perhaps "model" than the average MOC given the level of detail and realism it has. This is quite a magnificent design and I applaud the though and time Mr Carney must have put into this creation.

Haaa Haaa! I've just noticed the 4+ Red Beard's ship sitting on the couch in the background. Its hardly worthy of being in the same picture as this MOC.

Ooops! Then I scroll down and see that ship is in fact another MOC which is just using the Red Beard Ship flag.

Is this castle really made from Lego for it looks so real like. If it were not for the studs I would not be able to tell, so perhaps if the maker users those tile pieces with no studs on top then we wouldn't be able to tell it was a Lego MOC from the pictures. How does someone make a castle like this and make it look so unlike Lego?

Is this castle really made from Lego for it looks so real like. If it were not for the studs I would not be able to tell, so perhaps if the maker users those tile pieces with no studs on top then we wouldn't be able to tell it was a Lego MOC from the pictures. How does someone make a castle like this and make it look so unlike Lego?

Believe me, Mr. Ironhook, 'tis the size that befuddles you. In almost all cases the larger a creation, the less apparent its LEGO roots are (sometimes coupled with an absurd amount of details). Sometimes mini-figs are the only distinguishing factor. I do wish that Dr. Carney would add mini-figs to his sculptures because they would add much needed life to the MOCs.

Is the CarneyCastle.com website down at the moment? I can't seem to view it on my computer and I've tried accessing it from FireFox and Internet Explorer but all I get is the "Cannot find server" page. Is anyone else have problems?

Believe me, Mr. Ironhook, 'tis the size that befuddles you. In almost all cases the larger a creation, the less apparent its LEGO roots are (sometimes coupled with an absurd amount of details). Sometimes mini-figs are the only distinguishing factor. I do wish that Dr. Carney would add mini-figs to his sculptures because they would add much needed life to the MOCs.

What does this word of befuddles mean ?? I do not undersand what you mean by this word. And why is this doctor building Lego when he should be focusing on the needs of a patient ??

What does this word of befuddles mean ?? I do not undersand what you mean by this word. And why is this doctor building Lego when he should be focusing on the needs of a patient ??

:-D It seems he befuddled you. It means (to confuse)

I was looking for an instance where his Doctorate was mentioned, thinking it was historically related, not medical.

I didn't find that yet, but I found some more of his ship mocs here.

EDIT- I found out he is in fact a medical doctor, perhaps building with Lego is therapeutic. Reguardless of trying to justify combining the two, why can't doctors "play" with lego?

This is the sort of lego I love. The models that are so good they don't even look like lego X-D. It's amazing to see the level of detail that some will go to just to have the perfect build. I don't think this is really even an MOC, more like a work of art.

I didn't find that yet, but I found some more of his ship mocs here.

One day some of these will find threads of their own but at the moment it seems we have plenty of ship MOCs. I vow not to create a ship for a very long long time, Mr Ghoulsrealm you got anymore creatures in the pipeline?

EDIT- I found out he is in fact a medical doctor, perhaps building with Lego is therapeutic. Reguardless of trying to justify combining the two, why can't doctors "play" with lego?

LEGO may hold the key to many scientific and historic mysterious so lets not overlook its potential!

I vow not to create a ship for a very long long time, Mr Ghoulsrealm you got anymore creatures in the pipeline?

What happened with the ship hulls you had ordered?

This was my last creation but it was being fished by a viking not a pirate.

I've recently moced up a shark more to that scale in relation to a minifig...

fish%20teaser.jpg

He's a great white in scale but his teeth make him look more like a mako shark. :-/ oh well, I just wanted to try something different from the obvious tooth piece.

You could always replace the Viking with a Pirate... There's no law saying you can't share various aspects of a MOC across different themes - as far as I'm aware.

Of course if you've destroyed this MOC that might erase the possibility.

at the moment it seems we have plenty of ship MOCs.

Great, just when I wanted to give you some progress pics of my Acheron |-/