Sign in to follow this  
ghoulrealm

Mermaids are real

This is an expansion of the mermaid moc thread. I thought this was an obvious minifig moc but no one seems to have done one yet.

mermaid.jpg

and here is the giant clam on which she sits/stands.

giantclam.jpg

I only spent about 10mins on it but think it is cool enough to keep.

I think the closed clam looks better on it's own.

The mermaid is eventually going to be a ship's figurehead anyway.

When the clam is open it's a little hard to tell it's a clam, but when closed it looks perfect. Too bad you need to take out the seaweed to close it. Overall it's pretty nice for it's size.

Wonderful Mr Ghoulrealm, you've created a thread for this interesting creation.

Is that a Princess Leia "Jabba's Palace" torso you're using for the mermaid? What is the clam made out of?

Is that a Princess Leia "Jabba's Palace" torso you're using for the mermaid?

Yes it is. I knew Leia had a pirate application in someway. As it turns out, this is it.

I was thinking of changing the face to a yellow hermoine....opinions on that?

What is the clam made out of?

The clam's bottom valve is the lower half of the balloon from (5988 Pharaohs Forbidden Ruins)

The top valve is allmost entirely made of the tan bricks from (4507 designer set)

tan hinge plates hold the slopes together and tan teeth help space the distal ends.

I was thinking of changing the face to a yellow hermoine....opinions on that?

Do you happen to have a picture of this yellow Hermoine face? I can't picture it off the top of my head and I'm not really on the mood to go hunting for it, as I imagine others wouldn't. So if you could provide a decent sized Hermoine head you'd save us slack arses some effort! :-D

Hermoine is a stupid name...

mermaid with hermoine's face

mermaid2.jpg

here are a few other possibilities;

mermaid3.jpg

this face is from a from a stewardess,

mermaid4.jpg

under distress,

and best of all....

mermaidjarjar.jpg

vote on your favorite!

:-D Meessa Mermaid! :-D

That's a great custom paint job, too bad I hate the guy. Seriously, I like Hermy.

I'm really impressed Ghoulrealm. Very nice job on these various mermaids. I'm partial to the mermaid with "hermoine's face". Jarjar looks good too. Very aquatic!

Great design. I'm really digging it. How does the seaweed fit inside when its closed? Hinge? Or just take them off?

Anyone tried Pippin Read's head? *wub*

Steve

The clam is very cool (even by itself) I would never have thought to build something like that, well done!

God Bless,

Nathan

Phes, you imagined wrong.

Here's Hermy

Here's Leia

Yes, it appears so! Dammit! Looks like I have to promote your for your efforts now.

Mr Ghoulrealm has done an excellent job with these mermaids and mergungan. Obviously this one is a classic...

mermaidjarjar.jpg

Those are very nice, especially for 10 minutes of work. I like the 'under distress' mermaid, very original. What set is that face from, I could never figure out?

And I suppose I'll let it slide that you used jar jar.... ;-)

God bless, Sean

Great design. I'm really digging it. How does the seaweed fit inside when its closed? Hinge? Or just take them off?

Anyone tried Pippin Read's head? *wub*

I just removed the seaweed, although it all could fit into the shell if you wanted to make a "pod" of it.

I did try Pippin's head with Hermy's hair, but I'm partial to redheads. *wub*

:-D Meessa Mermaid! :-D

That's a great custom paint job, too bad I hate the guy.

I was not a big fan of Jarjar, but initially that is why I was willing to risk defacement with custom paint. I used sharpie markers and coated it with clear lacquer or fingernail polish works just as well (markings may bleed slightly until dry).

Furthermore, I tend not to be limited to films character potrayal of these licence minifigs. If you find a figure asteticaly pleasing or useful you can imagine it has any personality you like.

I like the 'under distress' mermaid, very original. What set is that face from, I could never figure out?

That face is Mary Jane from any spiderman set in which she is in.

Mr Ghoulrealm you've created a few Mermaid variations and I'm wondering which one you like best? Or if none, what other heads could you possible try out?

Mr Ghoulrealm you've created a few Mermaid variations and I'm wondering which one you like best? Or if none, what other heads could you possible try out?

I think Hermione is my favorite *wub*

I may try some more later as I am without a reliable camera for a week.

I'll be sure and post em if I do :-)

Thank's for your comments, everboby :-)

I've found a couple of interesting merpeople depictions while looking up sea monsters for moc inspirations.

the first is two of the most beautiful mermaids I have ever seen!

The second is a procession of Neptune's naval army.

Mr Ghoulrealm, your good work has earned you a promotion however since you're inbox is full I cannot send you a PM to give you more details about it. Could you delete some messages from your inbox so I can send you that message?

Mr Ghoulrealm, your good work has earned you a promotion however since you're inbox is full I cannot send you a PM to give you more details about it. Could you delete some messages from your inbox so I can send you that message?

8-| It was turned off. I didn't think I was going to be needing it.

It's back on now *sweet*

mr. ghoulrealm do you actually find sex appeal in your female mf's? The kk1 princess mf head is my favorite female minifig head though

mr. ghoulrealm do you actually find sex appeal in your female mf's?

Nah, just being corny as usual *wacko*

Even if mermaids were real, they'ld have fish bottoms and would probably spawn,

and if they had a fish head and human legs, that's just gross!

Mr Ghoulrealm I be wonderin if yer have any Pirate Brickshelf folders? If so could yer so kind as to add our promotional image to them?

_discuss_pirate_lego.jpg

Mr Ghoulrealm I be wonderin if yer have any Pirate Brickshelf folders? If so could yer so kind as to add our promotional image to them?

Already there! I did it same day I uploaded my ghost ship moc folder, here

I was going to mention it, but didn't want to seem to be sucking up for a promotion.