Sign in to follow this  
Emma

B/A: Gallux

- Here's my contribution to Hero Factory Month -

Small flocks of Gallus gallus dom. populate the desert flatland regions of the planet Fabulox 18. The evil brains have turned the skittish birds into the deadly Gallux, and raised up a formidable army of deadly opponents. Watch out Heroes!

9241968921_4939569f18_z.jpg

Here's a few more pictures: Lego Action Figures Flickr set

I have to admit that I've never ventured into the Action Figures forum before this month and never looked twice at the HF stuff :blush: . And this is why themed months are so great - I never realized what great MOCs could be made out of all those clicky/ball-joint/etc. parts. I've been enjoying browsing around the last couple of weeks, and couldn't help but try and build something - so I dusted off what little Bionicle parts I had, and spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out how to build something with them - despite keeping it really simple, it was a huge challenge for me - kudos to you guys who do this regularly.

Anyways, this being my first Action Figure Moc - comments/criticism are hugely appreciated - hold nothing back, I can take it. :grin:

The natural form version is really nice. :)

But in the mutated version, IMO, the birdy features are lost. And the arms are not so good.

But if this is the first try it's a good build. Kudos. :)

I've got to agree with Zib on the first part; the natural form is really good! Definitely pulled off a nicely done creature there.

Not so sure I agree on the next part; the mutated form was supposed to differ and show how things could change, and I think you did a good job showing that. I would say a little more mutation on his body would give a better overall look, though.

Good job for a beginning attempt; hope to see more in the future! (Though, what do you normally build?)

The original bird form is fantastic, and definitely captures the right animal look.

The mutated form, as mentioned, loses a lot of that. The asymmetry is nice, and it's obviously quite monstrous, but the addition of lime loses it a bit (even if that custom brain slug is adorable). Like many MoCs using a lot of old BIONICLE parts, it also isn't very poseable, which is something the new building system definitely affords.

And obviously it doesn't look too "Herofactoryish", which is a new word I am now trademarking, but you probably knew that since you only used BIONICLE parts. Definitely not bad for a first try, and as always you take some amazing photographs.

Thanks guys for the feedback/comments :sweet: - a lot of which was running through my mind as I was photographing the 'After' part of the build - it doesn't look much like the 'Before' version / looking too Bionicle-y / and it's barely poseable - Looking back now, it would have been better to try to make more of a mutated bird, as opposed to just jumping in and making an almost whole new creature.

(Though, what do you normally build?)

I'm much more comfortable building anything with bricks as opposed to Bionicle/HF parts - and for the most part I'm lurking over at the Historic Themes forum, but I can't seem to resist trying out for most of the contests here on EB and one this proved to be a fun challenge

(even if that custom brain slug is adorable)

Thanks for this :wub: , this is probably the part that took the most time - just trying to figure out how to attach something and make it at least give the impression of a brain slug - I'm glad it wasn't a total flop!