Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Morse

Spongebob's Flying Dutchman

That looks like a generic message they sent out to anyone asking questions.

Exactly what question did you ask them Mr Morse?

Just asked them when they were bringing back REAL pirate models or maybe something more nautically historical.

They never specifically mentioned Spongebob or The Flying Dutchman though, so I be wonderin how you drew that conclusion?

Wishful thinking, flawed logic and conjecture :) The very things that made me the great man I am today

They never specifically mentioned Spongebob or The Flying Dutchman though, so I be wonderin how you drew that conclusion?

Ah yes, wishful thinking!

Now the Flying Dutchman must already be part of Sponge Bob for The LEGO Company to base a set upon it, therefore if someone (called Aaron Morse) was to do some research he might be able to find some pictures. Obviously not of the LEGO set, but whatever the yet to be released LEGO set is based upon.

Now the Flying Dutchman must already be part of Sponge Bob for The LEGO Company to base a set upon it, therefore if someone (called Aaron Morse) was to do some research he might be able to find some pictures. Obviously not of the LEGO set, but whatever the yet to be released LEGO set is based upon.

Well my boys own seasons 2 and 3 of sb, I bet theres a pics in there somewhere.

Well my boys own seasons 2 and 3 of sb, I bet theres a pics in there somewhere.
but then we wouldn't get to see it !!! hmmm... maybe a google search is in order :-P

anyway, i was really curious myself about this SB set (i thought maybe the Flying Dutchman of SB maybe equally as cool as the PotC version)...

my google search found this...

spongebobsquarepantsrevengeoftheflyingdutchman_11.10.jpg

looks pretty normal based on the half that we can see...

so maybe you ship lovers might find some piratical use for this set :-D ;-)

that is, if you want to build an orange ship...

i think that ghost pirate would be a nice GITD fig... hmmm...

- BrickMiner

Wishful thinking, flawed logic and conjecture :) The very things that made me the great man I am today

ROFLMAO! I like you.

Excellent work for providing the picture Brick Miner!

So its the title of a PlayStation 2 Game featuring Sponge Bob? Here's a synposis from Wikipedia

One day, while Spongebob commands Gary to fetch, he brings back a chest. SpongeBob opens the chest to find a bottle, which he then opens and unwittingly releases the Flying Dutchman (Note this doesn't fit in with the show plotline). The Dutchman starts hypnotizing denizens of Bikini Bottom with a stick, leaving SpongeBob to save them and defeat the Dutchman.

so, it kinda sound like "the flying dutchman" is the ghost-pirate and not the ship ???

EDIT: ah, that is why the set is called, "3832 Flying Dutchman's Ship" apparently his ship doesn't have a name !!!

Present!

Although I am a Avatar expert first and formost, I am also an advid fan of Spongebob, having watched every single episode. It was a challenging task, but it was worth it!

Anyhow, yes. The Flying Dutchman is a green pirate ghost who owns a ship simply known as the Flying Dutchman's ship. The Flying Dutchman was a pirate until he died. After his death, his body was used as a window display. Angered by the fact he was never buried, he haunts Bikini Bottom in his trademark giant glowing ship (Which is also glowing green). We don't really know much about him other than the fact that he has powers similar to that of Genie from Aladdin. Also, in most appearences, he's running about scaring people for sheer enjoyment. Also, it important to note that he has no crew, except for a brief bout by Spongebob and Patrick (Squidward got thrown into the Fly of Dispair), but that ended after Spongebob and Patrick failed miserably.

Anyhoo, long story short:

Flying Dutchman = Glowing green ghost

Flying Dutchman's ship = Glowing green ghost's ship

His ship, as I recall rcently, actually has two masts, it's a rager large ship, different thant the one in the game.

His ship, as I recall rcently, actually has two masts, it's a rager large ship, different thant the one in the game.

i was kinda wondering about the masts, because BM's pic didn't show any... how 'bout the cannons?

i was looing at that Flying Dutchman character again... im wondering how LEGO will build this fig ???

perhapes he might be our first all glowing fig !!! that would be interesting, we would get a GITD tricorne, and possibly GITD legs... hmmm...

- BrickMiner

Maybe he'll be just a plain minifig :-/ . Or maybe.... I've got nothing

I'm thinking along the lines of the dementor minifigs. Those guys are also mono-legged, remember? X-D

Homework Complete, I've got a pic of the Flying Dutchman

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...on/p1030802.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...on/p1030803.jpg

Perhaps they still have the molds from the carribean clipper / renegade runner since this looks to be another example of a small ship. I am however not sure if these hulls were still used in the recent 4+ pirate series or other recent or current sets with small boats included.