Sign in to follow this  
dede_la_fee

Winter Village : The Winter Mercantile

indexed.gif B-OV-24D

So here it is. I've toyed with the idea for weeks... only to start building on earnest yesterday.

I hope you'll like it!

6788895833_bc45769f43_z.jpg

6788896199_e294ca0829_z.jpg

6788895579_4741561e5f_z.jpg

6788897061_11895f33e9_z.jpg

6788897449_bd1203753b_z.jpg

Edited by Phred

This MOC is one of my favourite ones! The colours go amazingly well together, the tan and red stripes, and the use of 'brick' brick adds the final touch. I can see you used pieces from CMs and Friends, and incorporated them into WV setting. Also the inside of the Mercantile is perfectly crowded with goods. Really well done! :thumbup: A bit off topic question: your building technique for the ladder, is that a legal one? I remember using it when I was younger, but now I'm not so comfortable to use it now.

One of the best one's I've seen in this contest 'dede_la_fee', the exterior looks late 19th/early 20th century USA to me ! :classic:

Good luck and Brick On in the snow 'dede_la_fee' ! :classic:

Thank you all!

I've been working on a modular bookstore, and I had this bay window in mind, and suddenly, yesterday, I just took it out, and started on the store, for the contest. Just like that... I've tried other things for the winter village, but either it was something already done, or I didn't have the right pieces.

Redhead, for the ladder, I have no idea what is legal and what is not, so I can't answer you. All I can say is that I needed a way for the minifigs to go up to the storage romm but stairs were too space-consuming, and a classic ladder... too simple. By doing it that way, it has a somewhat "metallic service stairs" look, don't you think?

Very nice. I really like the colors and the style fits perfectly. There are so many little details to find that I am sure it will take several looks just to see most of it.

Good luck with the contest.

Andy D

This is a great MOC. I really like the color scheme and design of the building. This would fit right in!

Keep up the good work. Good luck!

Redhead, for the ladder, I have no idea what is legal and what is not, so I can't answer you... By doing it that way, it has a somewhat "metallic service stairs" look, don't you think?

Thanks for your answer, dede_la_fee. About legality/ilegality of your ladder, I'm not an expert on that either, hence my question. Regardless of the technique, the stairs look great and fit well in the crowded interiors. It's a smart solution with a great look. Good luck in the competion.

This is a very nice entry. You made some improvements to your entry which I think turned out very well. I like the colour scheme and the frontage.

Good luck in the contest