Sign in to follow this  
just2good

Speedorz 2013?

From Brickset.

I'm with Huw on this one, I think it'll be some racing theme. Please not WR again though. :grin:

If this theme is replacing Ninjago, and it's about racing, it's a :hmpf_bad: from me until we get more information.

EDIT: The article also mentions a "Legends of Chima" as another upcoming theme. I think that "Chima" is supposed to be "China" and this theme will replace Ninjago. Legends of Chima sounds more interesting than Speedorz. :cry_happy:

EDIT2: Sorry just2good, you've been beaten by Darth Hagrid! Clicky!

Edited by Robominer

I'm fairly confident that "Legends of Chima" is supposed to be "Legends of China". That being the case, HECK YES!!!!

As for Speedorz... it sounds fairly uninteresting unless the sets prove otherwise. LEGO's had some nice racing themes before, but it's going to be difficult to tell how this one fairs without pictures of the sets (as there isn't really much of a storyline to judge).

I'm fairly confident that "Legends of Chima" is supposed to be "Legends of China".

I hope they wouldn't make a typo in a trademark case :tongue: Not to say that "Chima" couldn't be meant to suggest China, though I think that would be rather lame (not the theme necessarily, but the name). For what's it worth, any theme with "legend" in its name sounds promising!

I hope they wouldn't make a typo in a trademark case :tongue: Not to say that "Chima" couldn't be meant to suggest China, though I think that would be rather lame (not the theme necessarily, but the name). For what's it worth, any theme with "legend" in its name sounds promising!

I agree, I don't think it's a typo, Legends of Chima sounds a lot more like a theme's name to me. And I think it has more potential than Speedorz for replacing Ninjago. :wink:

I agree, I don't think it's a typo, Legends of Chima sounds a lot more like a theme's name to me. And I think it has more potential than Speedorz for replacing Ninjago. :wink:

I don't think so. If it is gonna be a period-piece exploring theme, it will probably one waved. And if it is just going to be a historical theme, it will not be action-packed enough. :laugh:

Edited by just2good

Legends of Chima sounds like it could be an interesting theme, but we'll have to wait until further notice before making a final verdict. Speedorz, on the other hand, sounds pretty lame, though it may finally put the tired Racers theme out of its misery. As a side note, I've heard that themes that may bear these names may come out in 2014, not in 2013.

I don't think so. If it is gonna be a period-piece exploring theme, it will probably one waved. And if it is just going to be a historical theme, it will not be action-packed enough. :laugh:

And what is Ninjago? :sceptic: Isn't it an action-packed theme that's more or less (probably less :grin: ) historical theme?

Anyway, Chima sounds intriguing. Speederz, not so much.

And what is Ninjago? :sceptic: Isn't it an action-packed theme that's more or less (probably less :grin: ) historical theme?

NinjaGO! Legends of Chima. One sounds exciting, one sounds boring. :laugh:

Speedorz is an exciting name, so it may be the intended replacement for Ninjago.

Edited by just2good

Legends of Chima sounds like it could be an interesting theme, but we'll have to wait until further notice before making a final verdict. Speedorz, on the other hand, sounds pretty lame, though it may finally put the tired Racers theme out of its misery. As a side note, I've heard that themes that may bear these names may come out in 2014, not in 2013.

They are probably part of the winter 2014 release calendar, which means we will see them late in 2013, typically a bit before Christmas.

Discuss one or the other guys. Seeing as this thread is called Speedorz discussion must be on Speedorz.

Some points to keep in mind:

It is just a name so far, it may not even work out, especially if we are over a year away from anticipated release. You never know, there may be some other theme that usurps the release.

It may end up being something entirely different to what we think, it slightly puts me in mind of Slizers (Throwbots in US) so it could be constraction.

We only have a name! Not even a date, just a word that TLG has trademarked. So keep calm and build on for now.

(Modified from my post in the Legend of Chima topic, so I don't have to reword everything that's applicable to both)

I think it's a bit early to even assume that this is a new theme, let alone that it belongs in the action themes section. If it is a theme, it could be any type of theme, be it a Technic theme, a Racers-like generic vehicle theme, or even an action figure theme. But it could just as easily not be a theme at all, and instead be a game or movie, like Life of George or Clutch Powers. In fact, it's far too early to even assume that whatever "Speedorz" is will in fact be released in 2013, since we haven't seen anything about this besides that Lego has trademarked the name. It could be due in 2014 or later, for all we know.

(Modified from my post in the Legend of Chima topic, so I don't have to reword everything that's applicable to both)

I think it's a bit early to even assume that this is a new theme, let alone that it belongs in the action themes section. If it is a theme, it could be any type of theme, be it a Technic theme, a Racers-like generic vehicle theme, or even an action figure theme. But it could just as easily not be a theme at all, and instead be a game or movie, like Life of George or Clutch Powers. In fact, it's far too early to even assume that whatever "Speedorz" is will in fact be released in 2013, since we haven't seen anything about this besides that Lego has trademarked the name. It could be due in 2014 or later, for all we know.

My gues is (although yeah, there's a lot of uncertainty) that it's a Racers replacement. No guarantes, of course. . . :classic:

I wonder what it will be like, although, shouldn't this be in the racers forum?

I don't think we have enough information to judge that. :sceptic:

It could be about giant Umbra-esque rollerskating robots fighting for control of the galaxy. Nah, makes too much sense :laugh:.

I don't care what this theme is if it's replacing Ninjago I don't care for it :angry:

Just kidding :laugh: . I am interested to see if this is a World Racers sorta thing because it must have sold amazingly because I could never find any of the ones I wanted, or the retailers I go to arent reliable anymore :sceptic:.

Seeing as most people seem to be jumping on 'sppedorz' as a world racers type theme. What if it was actually steam-punk inspired? Plenty of chrome and gold, with antique but souped-up bi-planes, cars and motorbikes in an adventurers/steam-punk mash-up? I'm not saying this is what it is, but just saying that TLG can take a name and could make something awesome.

Well, even though that would be awesome, judging by the name it seems unlikely to me.

Well, even though that would be awesome, judging by the name it seems unlikely to me.

Seconded. Steampunk is assosciated with its own set of tropes and naming conventions, and a name like "Speedorz" really wouldn't work with what is generally accepted and conceived to be Steampunk. IF it's some sort of racing theme then maybe each racer could have its own motif... we might see a Steampunk themed racer then but I can't see the entire theme being set around it with a name like that.

Edited by Rocketbilly

Speedorz actually sounds more like a futuristic sci-fi name.

Indeed it does. For some reason the very first thing I thought when I saw the name speedorz was a futuristic racing theme with hover-cars. I think X-tra weird characterz are generally added to sci-fi names.

Obviously this probably should only be taken as speculation, for all we know it could be a theme about Mr. Khil and Boxxy.

Well, I don't see anything with racing, but something like that:

It could be about giant Umbra-esque rollerskating robots fighting for control of the galaxy. Nah, makes too much sense :laugh:.

Rather Bionicle than World Racing. And not replacing Ninjago.

Probably the drivers have three arms and four heads. Actually I would like a piece to attach four heads to a minifig.

Speedorz actually sounds more like a futuristic sci-fi name.

You're right. Because of the Z, maybe? I think it's probably a more futuristic racers theme. Just judging by the name, it doesn't sound too terribly exciting. But you never know. :laugh: