Sign in to follow this  
Peoples_General

Type-105 "Imperial Dragon" main battle tank

I bought this to BrickFest 2004. It the larger cousin of the smaller Iron Dragon that Im making right now. The Imperial Dragon is supposed to be the super-sized version of it. The Iron Dragon will be in the "correct" tank-to-person/minifig scale. I based both tank designs off of this "super tank" that was reported by the reliable Defense Industry newsletter Janes.com around the middle of 2003. I've also been able to get a pic of a likely design that the Chinese will use for their new supertank from a Chinese military forum. According to Janes the new tank will have a 152mm cannon, compared to the M1A2 Abram's 125mm cannon. Considering the size of the barrel it will probably use tank-gun fired missiles. It is suspected that it will probably out-class the M1A2.

T-105 "Imperial Dragon" main battle tank

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=112126

Compared to other tanks at BrickFest2004

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=873483

An older pic that better shows the MOC's similarity to the pic I based it off from. This was before I added the anti-optics defensive laser, and 35mm anti-aircraft gun, as well as change the color of the main gun.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=859731

I just made up the codename and designation number of the real tank. No information has come out yet of

what it'll be called.

chinese_super-tank1.jpg

Sweet MOC man. It's funny how we can create wepaons with lego even if they don't want us to do that :P

Very nice design General. Do you have a whole army of Mocs? I would love to see more of your creations if you have more.

Very nice design General. Do you have a whole army of Mocs? I would love to see more of your creations if you have more.

Click to his brickshelf gallery link :)

Thanks Jipay, I guess I did not go up far enough to get to the main folder. I've been striking out a lot here lately. Sorry, just tired. >-| ;)

Thanks for the replies guys.

Im actually restarting my work on my military theme this month. Thanks to Lego I finally got my wish... a set that has tank treads. This will enable me to buy tank treads in lower cost than before, meaning more (smaller) tanks will be rolling off the War Factory.

The T-105 actually took 170 tread links, which is 10 less than the 5 packets of 36 all together. Each packet costed me about $10.50 each at BrickLink over a year ago. Hopefully that new SW set will make their prices cheaper.

Here's pics some of the military vehicles I'll be turning into Lego MOCs.

http://maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=399

As far as tanks go Im currently working on the T-98. After that... perhaps the UK's Challenger II, or pay tribute to my girl's homeland and build the Israeli Merkava Mk.3 tank.

I found it sorry for the question. Damn, it's true that thos eparts are missing. I can remember old sets were having those. Like in the old winter technic range

Brickmaster... could you PLEASE stop spamming the boards. I don't want my Imperial Dragon tank MOC thread to get locked.

And just so you and everyone else knows what military MOCs I'll be bringing it'll be the Philippine EnH-03 attack helicopter, a US Tomahawk MLRS, and some other MOCs.