dlefik2014

Hi from Ohio.

Hey everyone. New guy here just joining. Not much to say about me to be honest. Just a guy who likes legos, and lately they've been becoming a little more of an addiction for some reason lol. Probably blame my kids more for that one. Sorry I don't have a ton to write about myself but I hope to continue seeing everyone around here. :wink:

Welcome to Eurobricks, dlefik2014!

I am looking forward to seeing what you build. Do you have a favorite theme?

Thanks for the welcome in slegengr. Well, to be honest, I'm not really educated in all the themes of Lego, but right now, I've taken a big interest in the City theme, mostly because I'm trying to do some 3D work based around the city theme which I'd actually like to show here some time down the road once I get some stuff put together and renders finished. I'm currently trying to practice doing the 4436 Patrol Car in 3D Studio Max.

That sounds interesting. I am looking forward to seeing it when it is finished. I do prefer real bricks, but technology has allowed for some pretty amazing renders recently :classic: .

^ Most definitely agree with ya as far as real bric preference. Unfortunately for me, space don't allow for me to have sets put together and setup for show with having kids and such. Figure if I can't have the real things, CG is my next best option, and possibly a lot cheaper in the long run lol.

CG is cheaper, definitely cheaper. To build up a collection large enough to make interesting MOCs can take years and significant funds.

And keep your bricks away from young children (but give them some of their own when old enough :wink: ). They can be terrible tornadoes to models left set up! I full-well understand, as my younger siblings tore apart many a creation of mine!

Welcome to the site!

<-also in Ohio, in Cincy

Ah, I knew I wasn't alone! Well, technically I'm from Lawrenceburg, but I claim Cincy to save time.