Sign in to follow this  
the enigma that is badger

World War Brick - Wheeling, IL June 15 - 17

Unfortunately, due to space limitations in the Westin Hotel, Brickmania was unable to participate in Brickworld Chicago this year . . .

. . . so Brickmania, BrickArms, and GI Brick have coordinated to put on a complimentary event right down the street for everyone to enjoy!

worldwarbrick.jpg

WHO

Brickmania (Dan Siskind), BrickArms (Will Chapman), and GI Brick (Julie) will all be there with numerous military MOC displays as well as tons of custom minifig accessories and building kits to vend

WHERE

AMVETS post 66

700 McHenry Rd.

Wheeling, IL 60090

The AMVETS hall is just a quick 2.5 mile drive away from the Westin (the location of Brickworld Chicago), and you can't miss it; just look for the tank parked out front!

WHEN

Friday, June 15th: 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm

Saturday, June 16th: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm

Sunday, June 17th: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm

Admission is a fairly reasonable price: FREE!

This not a convention but a show, and there is no registration for the event; just walk in the door to start the fun! Of course, everyone attending Brickworld Chicago, registered and public attendees, is welcome and encouraged to come by, and with both events so close, it should be a snap to enjoy both in a single trip or for registered attendees to swing by World War Brick at some point during the Brickworld convention to check out what Brickmania, BrickArms, and GI Brick have to offer.

Everyone involved is currently working fun exclusives and premiers for the show. Most will be kept fun surprises until just before the event, but this image Will recently unveiled showcasing new exclusives for Brickmagic is a fun sneak peak of just a few of the new BrickArms items you'll find at World War Brick:

7207336408_658856fc50_n.jpg

More updates will be posted as World War Brick draws closer!

This sounds great! Unfortunately I am out of town that weekend, will there be a World War Brick in 2013? I'm bummed out that I can't be there, but this is a great opportunity for people to hang out outside of the crowded rooms of the Westin.

this is a great opportunity for people to hang out outside of the crowded rooms of the Westin.

"Crowding" is definitely an understatement; as anyone who has attended Brickworld Chicago in the last few years knows, the space around the Brickmania/BrickArms booth tends to get extremely packed to the point of become a hazard. While it's absolutely wonderful so many attendees, both registered and public, want to make Brickmania/BrickArms part of their Brickworld experience, it was clear to Dan that more space was needed to ensure that everyone (attendees, the folks running the Brickmania/BrickArms booth, other vendors around the booth) had a positive experience. Unfortunately, with the size limitations of the Westin, the Brickworld coordinators could not offer any additional space, and with the options Dan had to consider, a complimentary event nearby seemed the best solution.

will there be a World War Brick in 2013?

It all depends on how this year goes! Nothing specific is planned for the moment, but should folks make it clear this type of event is something they enjoy, it's certainly a possibility!

Just a quick bump at World War Brick starts today!

Hope you guys can load up some photos here for those of us that can't make it. While I build mostly Castle MOC, I have always wanted to try my hand at some military models as some point. Who knows, if this become an annual thing, I can get up their myself one year!

Mikey

Hope you guys can load up some photos here for those of us that can't make it.

Unfortunately, I couldn't attend either, but I've really been enjoying all the shots that BrickArms, GI Brick, and Brickmania have been sharing via their respective Flickr accounts. Looks like everyone's having a fun time!

We went there and it's was really fun :classic: ! Lots & lots of stuff to buy and about a hundred? Moc's of very accurate military vehicles to check out! Though I hope you'll be back with BW next year!

Though I hope you'll be back with BW next year!

I'm not sure I do... I'm not sure if I want the competion for best group layout :laugh:

--

Seriously you guys put on a great display... And the new products were fantastic.

And great seeing dan and ross again.

I was able to make it to the World War Brick event and interviewed Dan and Will while I was there. If you couldn't make it to the World War Brick event I would encourage you to check it out as it gives a great example of what the show is.

Here is the interviews: