Sign in to follow this  
Toa_Of_Justice

FireFlyer

May 3, 2011: I updated my model with a refill hose.

I created this MOC back in 2007, and revamped it this year.

Click on any image for a larger version.

01s.png

The FireFlyer was created to fight fires in the mountains outside LEGO City. Its front lights are highly maneuverable to seek out flames through smoke and people in distress on the ground.

02s.png

From the back, you can see that the water tanks can drop their load directly on a fire. The hoses can detach and be used as fire hoses.

03s.png

The all-terrain landing gear can deploy and retract.

04s.png

In action, fighting a fire while hovering in place thanks to its tilt rotors.

05s.png

With the roof removed, you can see the cockpit and some spare supplies which can be dropped off to ground firefighters.

Download the LXF file here! - Original 2007 Version LXF File - Brickshelf Gallery (when public)

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: Whoops, I almost forgot to thank Superkalle for providing the key to LDD's Extended Mode. :blush:

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Interesting design for a fire-fighting aircraft ToJ, is this based on any particualr real-life aircraft? Anyway, nice work, and I'll add this to the LXF Index later.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

Interesting design for a fire-fighting aircraft ToJ, is this based on any particualr real-life aircraft? Anyway, nice work, and I'll add this to the LXF Index later.

I didn't base my model off any real-life aircraft--I designed it purely from my imagination.

-Toa Of Justice

I just realized that FireFlyer needed some easy way of refilling its tanks. Now it has a refill hose that can drink from bodies of water.

hose_small.png

LXF File

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice