Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Yet another Super Star Destroyer Executor...

That's cool how close you got the ship to the scale of the ISD. I'm diggin' how your MOC is coming along.

Just a couple of things to point out: The SSD is 11.875 ISD long. Second, the bridge/conning tower of the SSD is almost identical in size to the ISD; so you could use the bridge from the smaller ships in your large MOC.

Keep up the good work!

That's cool how close you got the ship to the scale of the ISD. I'm diggin' how your MOC is coming along.

Just a couple of things to point out: The SSD is 11.875 ISD long. Second, the bridge/conning tower of the SSD is almost identical in size to the ISD; so you could use the bridge from the smaller ships in your large MOC.

Keep up the good work!

The 4492 ISD is 17 studs long, my SSD is 200 studs long, so it's 11.765 ISD long :wink:

The bridge of the small ISD is 6 studs wide, the one of my SSD is between 4 and 5 studs... and comparing to the resin models or photos of the studio model, it seems to have the good proportions.

Edit: By the way I don't like the 4492 ISD look. Do someone has a good looking 16/17 studs ISD? :)

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Whoa :oh: Now that is one big project! That would take a long time and a lot of $$$ to actually brick build! Great job on it so far :thumbup:

The 4492 ISD is 17 studs long, my SSD is 200 studs long, so it's 11.765 ISD long :wink:

The bridge of the small ISD is 6 studs wide, the one of my SSD is between 4 and 5 studs... and comparing to the resin models or photos of the studio model, it seems to have the good proportions.

Edit: By the way I don't like the 4492 ISD look. Do someone has a good looking 16/17 studs ISD? :)

Looks like you've got it spot on. Nice work!

BTW, I don't like the way 4492 looks either. If you turn the neck and bridge around 180 degrees so that the slope is at the back as well as the angled bridge parts it looks a lot better. Not sure why the designer didn't do this in the first place.

For a mini ISD I like the one that comes with 10221; but it's too short for your purposes. Maybe you can MOC one up?

Twelve star destroyer(4492) long...

Ok, ok... I stop playing around and go back to my greebs... :hmpf:

Looking good :thumbup:.

Maybe you can MOC one up?

Let me introduce to you the Imperial Super Ugly Star Destroyer, or ISUSD !!

lddscreenshot7.png

lddscreenshot8.png

I've added feets but I don't know if they'll support the weight of the ship... and still no bricks at home to make some tests :/

lddscreenshot10i.png

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Finished the greebs on the upper city... wow so boring...

Skayen's model really changed my view of how to build the upper city.

So I spent a lot of time at theforce.net looking at the studio model.

I've tried to keep the organization of the "blocks", and as many details as possible.

lddscreenshot9l.png

lddscreenshot10l.png

Now the parts count is 4029.

What's left to do:

- Redo the front undercity that has to be changed to attach the front feet to the frame

- build the rear undercity, including the parts around the engines

- get rid of that super ugly ISD

Edited by Bob De Quatre

It is a bit hard to discern the structure in the above pic. Perhaps a pic from directly above. The 10221 actually have some city structure - even though it can be hard to see from the side.

It is a bit hard to discern the structure in the above pic. Perhaps a pic from directly above. The 10221 actually have some city structure - even though it can be hard to see from the side.

Some closer shots.

Theses greebs use a lot of 4070 angular bricks, nearly 330 of them...

lddscreenshot11.png

lddscreenshot13g.png

lddscreenshot12.png

Wow, your model is coming along nicely, i really like the greebled look of your city! You're keeping to an all (or mostly) light grey color scheme for your model?

You mentioned you weren't that happy yet with your current options for the accompanying SD, so i thought i'd put in a candidate. It may not be of the same quality as the model you're building, but it can hardly be worse than 4492.

minisd.jpg

Wow, your model is coming along nicely, i really like the greebled look of your city! You're keeping to an all (or mostly) light grey color scheme for your model?

You mentioned you weren't that happy yet with your current options for the accompanying SD, so i thought i'd put in a candidate. It may not be of the same quality as the model you're building, but it can hardly be worse than 4492.

Thanks. First I wanted to build the city in dark bluish grey, but it don't look good in LDD, and I can't test it as I still don't have any brick at home.

Your ISD looks good, better than the one I made ;)

Some closer shots.

Theses greebs use a lot of 4070 angular bricks, nearly 330 of them...

I love the flat look of your city, the TLG version had far too many sticky up bits , it made it look spiky.

Edit: 2742nd post :classic:.

Edited by Mr Man

I love the flat look of your city, the TLG version had far too many sticky up bits , it made it look spiky.

Edit: 2742nd post :classic:.

Congrats on your 2742nd post ;)

I wanted to build sometging more like the studio model, knowing it couldn't be achieved with lego (though it may be possible with a 6m long executor ;) )

I also limited the number of different parts, and I think I shouldn't have used round parts... I may change that later.

The work on the lower side is in progress. Realism wasn't really possible, due to the scale, space available, and the superstructure.

Had to hide all the blue, green and red brick of the structure...

I only did the side at the foreground.

lddscreenshot15.png

lddscreenshot16.png

Hey, Bob, that ISD isn't bad at all. It looks pretty cool next to your SSD.

The SSD looks great, I'm really diggin' it. I like the engine section, it looks like it was tough to design.

That's one high brick-count. LOL

Really impressive.

Only thing that puzzle me a bit, is the fact that on the second engine sections (the one with two reactor), the smaller one fires right on the structure of the last reactors at the back of the ship.

It's not a major flaw, it just striked me when I look, but it's a so tiny visual thing that it's of no importance considering what you did on the whole part, really:)

Looking forward for the next pics.

Hey, Bob, that ISD isn't bad at all. It looks pretty cool next to your SSD.

The SSD looks great, I'm really diggin' it. I like the engine section, it looks like it was tough to design.

That's one high brick-count. LOL

I think I'll use an ISD more like the one DFOL made.

I try not to go over the 4500 bricks... so only 176 bricks left :tongue:

The group composed of the cities alone uses half of the bricks.

Really impressive.

Only thing that puzzle me a bit, is the fact that on the second engine sections (the one with two reactor), the smaller one fires right on the structure of the last reactors at the back of the ship.

It's not a major flaw, it just striked me when I look, but it's a so tiny visual thing that it's of no importance considering what you did on the whole part, really:)

Looking forward for the next pics.

That bothers me too! But it will probably stay like that. The question is: is it really a problem? What kind of propulsion do the empire use? Maybe that part of the ship was build here on purpose and contains important rooms, like Vader's personal sauna.

Ha ha ha:)

indeed, might prove usefull:)

No kiding, it's not important at all, all that is for fun, trust me, what you are displaying here is worth a thousand bricks of applause:) (hope the word "applause" exist in english...)

Just for the "fun", here are colored screenshots.

Each color represent a group in LDD.

- green is the frame

- gray is the hull

- blue is the engines

- red is the upper city

- purple is the under city

- black is the feets

colorsg.png

Edit: added the side views

Edited by Bob De Quatre

I'm just not convinced by the accuracy of your new colour scheme! But the rest looks great!! :grin:

It could be worse :grin:

lddscreenshot17x.png

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Omg! If Prince ever had an SSD, this would be it!

Is it me, or should the city be extended a few studs more backwards, or perhaps that messes with the entire structure?

Omg! If Prince ever had an SSD, this would be it!

Is it me, or should the city be extended a few studs more backwards, or perhaps that messes with the entire structure?

It should, but I use 12x3 wedges, so expanding the city 3 studs backward means removing a 12 studs long wedge.

Okay, version v1r0 is done, if some master-builder want to take a look at the lxf file, just ask :wink:

Some parts I used don't seems to exist... so I need to replace them.

I was wondering how the color "transparent neon orange" look, and if it's a good choice for the engines...