chuckie8646

Collectable Mini Figs Series 6 & 7 Colour Scheme

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi All

I know we have just been graced the new photos of series 6 & 7. But for my series 1 - 5 I have display cases and I'm getting a brick that is the color of the series for each series and while I was getting it done I was hoping to get series 6 and 7 engraved. Does and body know what the series colors for these will be?

Thank you

Charlie

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I'm not sure what color will be used for Series 7, but I just observed that the colors for the packages so far seem to resemble colors from the LEGO corporate color palette (which can be seen on page 48 of LEGO's Brand Manual). In that case, purple is probably out of the question, unless new colors have been added to the corporate palette since 2010, which I will not discount given the prominence of purple on Friends packaging and promotional material.

Of course, sampling the colors from some of the images on Grogall's Brickshelf, they're not exact matches, so it could be they are just sampled from actual LEGO brick colors, if not made up entirely. In either of those cases, then purple would still be a possibility-- thankfully, as the pink color on LEGO's corporate color palette would probably look absurd.

Series six will have a white color scheme, as for series seven nobody knows right now.

Hiw do you know this? I would not expect white.

I think purple and pink would be great too. But if you ask me I think white is soooooo boring especially if they are targeting children mostly. I am also surprised to see that red has not been done I would have expected that for series 3 over that lime green color. I need to take a look at that color pallet.

charlie

I was also surprised red hasn't turned up yet, but someone pointed out that a red package might make the LEGO logo less visible. They do seem to be running out of bright colors, though something like Medium Lavender might not be out of the question.

News today. Go to the Ninjago 2012 thread in the Action Themes forum, on the last page there is a link to another LEGO forum in which a man describes his experience at Toys'R'Us a few days ago. He saw Ninjago and Dino sets, and here I quote:

"As well as a black Minifigure box, which I tried to buy, but the clerk said they weren't allowed to sell them until December 4th."

It appears as if Series 6 will be black. :sadnew:

News today. Go to the Ninjago 2012 thread in the Action Themes forum, on the last page there is a link to another LEGO forum in which a man describes his experience at Toys'R'Us a few days ago. He saw Ninjago and Dino sets, and here I quote:

"As well as a black Minifigure box, which I tried to buy, but the clerk said they weren't allowed to sell them until December 4th."

It appears as if Series 6 will be black. :sadnew:

Hmmm... I would love black bags, but I thought that Lego was trying to use very bright colors to catch the kids' attention.

...speaking of the new 2012 City, Dino and Creator sets at TRU... I was there yesterday and was surprised to learn that they were running a 1-day BOGO of all themes; checked specifically the City and Dino sets if these were included in the BOGO sale and they were!... I didn't see any black box or Series 6 minifigs though...

Here's the link, check for yourself. :wink:

Yeah.. well.. who want's, believes ..

Dude takes several pics or new stuff in the shop, but NOT of the new minifig box?

HAH!

I didn't question your info. :wink: It's just that it seems odd to me.

I know that, I was just giving the link for future reference. :wink:

Yeah.. well.. who want's, believes ..

Dude takes several pics or new stuff in the shop, but NOT of the new minifig box?

HAH!

The box was in the checkout, how do you know the employees wouldn't let him take photos? As far as I know, my Toys 'R' Us won't let people take pictures of the merchandise. We're lucky that he got the pictures he did. :wink:

According to "Brickipedia" series 6 will be white/gray and series 7 will be red.

2010:

8683 Minifigures Series 1

Color: Yellow

8684 Minifigures Series 2

Color: Blue

2011:

8803 Minifigures Series 3

Color: Lime Green

8804 Minifigures Series 4

Color: Orange

8805 Minifigures Series 5

Color: Light Blue

2012:

8827 Minifigures Series 6

Color: White/gray

8831 Minifigures Series 7

Color: Red

Also, according to the same website:

"In July 2011, an e-mail was sent to V.I.P. members telling them to vote for their favorite minifigure from Series 1-3. The top 5 picked will be announced in November 2011, and a set will be created featuring the chosen 5 in it, to be released in 2012, available only for V.I.P. members."

Interesting!

According to "Brickipedia" [...]

Albeit that info is unsourced and could have been put by anyone. :sceptic:

Also, according to the same website:

"In July 2011, an e-mail was sent to V.I.P. members telling them to vote for their favorite minifigure from Series 1-3. The top 5 picked will be announced in November 2011, and a set will be created featuring the chosen 5 in it, to be released in 2012, available only for V.I.P. members."

That would be very interesting if true... Can anyone confirm this? As with the bag colors, the Brickipedia article doesn't list any sources on that.

Are you sure he meant collectible minifigs and not one of the minifig display boxes?

I read the rest of the thread mentioned and I think that he WAS talking about the display box. I actually just got a 8-fig box in black myself (from Amazon), and have never seen one at TRU in black. So maybe TRU is getting them and not selling until Dec.

Albeit that info is unsourced and could have been put by anyone. :sceptic:

That would be very interesting if true... Can anyone confirm this? As with the bag colors, the Brickipedia article doesn't list any sources on that.

Yes, this is true, I can confirm. I received the E-mail since I am a VIP member. Personally, I voted for the Caveman. We should get the list of top 5-most voted for minifigures this month.