Sign in to follow this  
Tordenskjold

Valkyrien a new buildt moc.

thindexedgif.gif 14d

I've made a new version of Predator, my large naval ship. i took it complete apart and rebuilt it. i think this version is much better. but i miss some parts. Here it is

valkyrien_side-250x187.jpg

the other pics are here

Nice build. I think this has some firepower... Just a small detail but I think your flags should be blowing the other direction... otherwise where is the wind in your sails :)

Looks like you can fit quite a few soldiers on the vessel. Fine work, thanks for the share.

but i miss some parts.

valkyrien_side-250x187.jpg

the other pics are here

Which parts did you miss Mr Tordenskjold? Are the pictures of the ship with the missing pieces?

Which parts did you miss Mr Tordenskjold? Are the pictures of the ship with the missing pieces?

Hi Mr Phes. if you look at below the fore mast youll see a black square. thats two black bricks (3001 2x4) and one of them should be a brown one. plus i had no brown slope bigger than 2x2 so everything is a bit unstabile. i need a lot of black cone1x1(4589) and tiles and the tiny round plates (4073)as the arrow point at here.

black_sea_barracuda_s15_pekex.jpg

to make that fence. (Pic found on Peeron)

I also need to make a mittzen sail to fit on the mitzen mast. cant find anyone big enough. And i also aint pleased with the red gun ports. i want to refit it with brown or black. or does that look bad you think?

Last i need a mast piece (30047) as i use to make the long bowsprit and long mainmast

What happened with the rigging? Shouldn't it be higher? either the masts look to short for the ship, or the ship to long for the masts! :-P The masts hight is actually okay, but because of the low rigging the look shorter...

The rigging definitly should be higher. You don't have enough sails I see. It isn't that hard to make custom sails, I suggest you to do. Maybe the rigging is lower because your piece of rope it isn't long enough, that is easy to make as well just get some wire at a sewing store...

But it is nice to see a ship made in brown, it gives it an authentic feel, good job on this ship mate!

What happened with the rigging? Shouldn't it be higher? either the masts look to short for the ship, or the ship to long for the masts! :-P The masts hight is actually okay, but because of the low rigging the look shorter...

The rigging definitly should be higher. You don't have enough sails I see. It isn't that hard to make custom sails, I suggest you to do. Maybe the rigging is lower because your piece of rope it isn't long enough, that is easy to make as well just get some wire at a sewing store...

But it is nice to see a ship made in brown, it gives it an authentic feel, good job on this ship mate!

Hi mr Tiber. I agree, the rigging is to short. but i tried to use the short shrouds from the Tops to support the Topmasts. but that looked to strange to me. so im looking for some very thin ropes to make shrouds that will fit. and as you can see, i also miss a lot of Stays and backstays. but im not sure of how much rope i should use. as the ship now is more like what you get in a TLC set.

What happened with the rigging? Shouldn't it be higher?

Shouldn't the rigging be the same as it is on the HMS Danger?

hms_predator_lite.jpg_thumb.jpg

A nice ship... looks vaugely familiar ;-) . Seriously: I like what you've done with the BSB.

God Bless,

Nathan

Hi mr Tiber. I agree, the rigging is to short. but i tried to use the short shrouds from the Tops to support the Topmasts. but that looked to strange to me. so im looking for some very thin ropes to make shrouds that will fit. and as you can see, i also miss a lot of Stays and backstays. but im not sure of how much rope i should use. as the ship now is more like what you get in a TLC set.

What do you mean by "shrouds"? A picture of them would be even better!

Shouldn't the rigging be the same as it is on the HMS Danger?

hms_predator_lite.jpg_thumb.jpg

Do you have a link to that ship mr Phes?

And for your q about "shrouds" . This is shrouds as lego made it: Shrouds are the name of that part of the standing rig on a sailing vessel

to mr Berry Syedow. i have been thinking of custom made sails. but havent found the right material to make them yet.

To everyone. thanks for all the nice coments. look like i finally buildt something that look good :-D

Do you have a link to that ship mr Phes?

Yes, just click on the thumbnail and it will take you there. I used a thumbnail because the picture was too big to put in the thread. GRRRR!!!

And for your q about "shrouds" . This is shrouds as lego made it: Shrouds are the name of that part of the standing rig on a sailing vessel

In English a "shroud" is cloth or sheet in which a corpse is wrapped for burial.

2541.gif

LEGO called these "Boat Mast Rigging"

Yes, just click on the thumbnail and it will take you there. I used a thumbnail because the picture was too big to put in the thread. GRRRR!!!

In English a "shroud" is cloth or sheet in which a corpse is wrapped for burial.

2541.gif

LEGO called these "Boat Mast Rigging"

its true that it mean a the burial sheet but in nautical term its the name of that part of the standing rigging. i use a book that cover the Royal Navy at Jack Aubrey's world(Patrick O' Brian's books)

the pic was of my old boat. i called it HMS Predator. thats why i didnt check the pic. :-$ when i find the right material ill make my own topmast shrouds. because the small boatmast rigging look to strange to me.

Here's some definitions of "shroud" from Dictionary.com and it appears a shroud is a burial cloth and ship's rigging, however its not what you're referring to.

Try PMing Mr Ghoulsrealm or Admiral Starwind and asking them to join the discussion in this thread as they seems to have a good knowledge of ship terms.

I didnt quite understand what you mean mr Phes. but anyway, im planning of making my own boat mast rigging by using thin rope(about the size as the ropes that come with the lego sets . but i havent found what im looking for yet. (to expencive to buy LEGO ropes)

For Sails i have a idea of using some white leftover from a wintercamo dress from the military. its as thin as a tshirt but more stiff. (think that would look more like a sail with a lot of salt in. )

Nevermind about the shroud Mr Tordenskjold, just be aware what you refer to is called "rigging" and everything will be ok.

You don't happen to have pictures of this dress do you? I'm curious to see what these sails are starting out as.

Nevermind about the shroud Mr Tordenskjold, just be aware what you refer to is called "rigging" and everything will be ok.

You don't happen to have pictures of this dress do you? I'm curious to see what these sails are starting out as.

Im Sorry . but i dont have any pics of the camo suit. but its a thin sheet. due to some cemicals it have some waterproof capasity . that make it a little bit stiffer than normal cotton for ex. i have to buy a dress like that from a store that sell things the military dont need any more.

I might try with some other stiff sheet to see if i got it right. but i want to have some sort of white color on the sails.

btw i know what this part of the standing rigging is called ;-) but i wont argue any more. ill call it the ropeladders :-D

Rope ladders it is then!

As for this camo suit. Does it come with the waterpoofing or do you have to add those chemicals after you purchase it? If so, can you name the chemicals which you refer to?

Well here i am to save the day then lados and ahem

A "Shroud One of a set of strong ropes extending on each side of a masthead to the sides of a ship to support a mast laterally. Shrouds take their name from the spars they support."

Mr Tordenskjold 1 / Mr Phes 0 Next Round

A "Shroud One of a set of strong ropes extending on each side of a masthead to the sides of a ship to support a mast laterally. Shrouds take their name from the spars they support."

Thanks Mr Admiral. do you have any hint of how i can make shrouds for my topmast? im thinking of using rope and make them my selves. but i would be glad for any idea for that. :-$

Very good Amdiral Starwind, we already established that.

Shrouds "support" the mast, but they are NOT necesasrily the rope ladders used to access the top of the mast. Like in this example.

037sunset%20through%20shrouds.JPG

However, sometimes they are combined, but obviously not always.

cordage1.jpg

http://www.objectif-suede.com

Are we clear about that now?

What's this crap? Its not a contest and the information I provided was correct.

MR Phes let me put it to you this way no ship would have a shroud that is a pirate ship without having them combined the only ships that have shrouds without them combined is one where there would not be a crows nest or any other reason for them to ascend the mast cause you dont have one without the other. case in point. dont ask for clarification if you dont want it.

And that crap as you put it is what we here in the western side of the world like to call a joke, pin , sense of humor, a hilarious anecdote perhaps usually followed by a guffaw or laugh in which certain hormones are released in the body producing a feeling of happiness and well being in which one has a good time.

Now ive started to add some ropes and shrouds to the standing rigging. just for a test.

can see some of it hererigg_test.jpg_thumb.jpg

Tha shroud on tha mainmast is actually half of one of the smaller shrouds . had one that was broken so i cut away that and the rest look quite good actually. need to buy a lot of black ropes. to make stays and backstays for the masts.