DaleDVM

Brickworld 2012 Armageddon, R U Ready to Crumble and Countdown!

Well... 10 days until we start set up. I still have a ton to finish working on! How are others doing in preparation? When do our Euro Eurobricks members take flight?

Let's get this forum moving again! I for one am really excited! Hey Stash, is Saturday night gonna be pizza night again?

Edited by DaleDVM

I'm still working hard on projects but things are starting to get finished :laugh:

I'll be heading down in one week. :excited:

I'm driving down next Thursday morning. Only a 10 hour drive. :wacko:

Well... 10 days until we start set up. I still have a ton to finish working on! How are others doing in preparation? When do our Euro Eurobricks members take flight?

Leaving Saturday morning, so I'll be in Chicago around noon local time, assuming the security guards currently on strike at Oslo airport either have finished their strike or my flight not being cancelled due to the strike (or any of the other potential strikes that might happen any day here and that might influence air traffic. Early June really is the high season for strikes in Norway..)

I'm already in panic mode! still have loads of building, packing, and all.

But I cannot wait to see everyone again!

I'm already dreaming about this :wacko:

I'm really ready to go. I've got huge Sterilite bins to store my MOCs; glad that the gas prices are still nosediving. I'm driving there for almost ten hours as well, hoping to get there by Wednesday afternoon (hoping to get some time to tool around in the city before the opening ceremonies :laugh: )

Do I have any Town/CITY compatriots in here? :laugh:

I'm very excited! I've got four more nights to build, and it's still possible I'll be able to finish everything! :grin:

Si-mocs keeps trying to get me to panic. I'll start panicking once I give him all my MOCs to take down. :laugh:

I'll be flying down wednesday afternoon. Be sure to come introduce yourself.

Hell yeah!

Si-mocs keeps trying to get me to panic. I'll start panicking once I give him all my MOCs to take down. :laugh:

... I'm not taking your stuff down... :look:

(serious - my car is full).

I'll be driving in hopefully for opening ceremonies on Wed.

Do I have any Town/CITYSci-Fi compatriots in here?

Do I have any Town/CITYSci-Fi compatriots in here?

I'm a fan of all themes! I think I will have a moc going to BW for every theme actually...now that I think of it.

I am flying Saturday from Amsterdam. I should be landing in Chicago around 2 o'clock in the afternoon. So I have plenty of time to visit the Blues Festival on Saturday and Sunday, and a Cubs game at Tuesday evening.

Dave and I are arriving on Tuesday - just a few minor items to finish building and then we need to pack up the van. Can't wait to see everyone again!! default_classic.gif

my girlfriend and I are coming in on Tuesday for our first brickworld, can't wait. Still have a couple of mocs to finish but have a few already finished and packed ready for the drive. 11.5 hours for us. Driving up on Tuesday sleeping in Wednesday and heading to the lego store before opening ceremonies on Wednesday. Looking forward to it.

Touchdown Chicago on monday at lunch. Already and continuously will be in panic mode :wacko:! Will be super great to meet all of you again :wub: !

I'm shooting for an arrival Wednesday night, but more than likely, it'll be Thursday night. Brickworld is part of a 10,000 mile road-trip I'm doing, and I've got stops in VA, DC, and the NC Outer Banks (if I can swing that) on my way. I've been super busy trying to get my LEGO stuff built, as well packing camping gear for my trip. Fun times!

This is my first BrickWorld event, and I'm super stoked about attending. It'll be great to meeting you all!

BTW, if anybody needs a ride to/from the airport, let me know.

Panic is starting to subside a little since Monday. My builds are coming along but it is going to come down to the wire especially since I go to Vegas on Friday and don't get back home until Tuesday morning then have a Cubs game Tuesday night. Needless to say I will probably have a very busy Wednesday finishing my building and packing. I can't wait!

Only 5 1/2 days until the opening ceremonies. I have so much to build yet...

So many traveling from so far. My hour drive to the venue just doesn't seem so troublesome any more! :wink:

Safe travels to those starting out this weekend. I guess I will have to send a text to Stash to get an update to all about Eurobricks pizza night. I will post an update on those arrangements soon.

Can't wait to see you all again, and it's going to be great meeting all of you first timers!

Currently packing, had a hard time fitting one of the MOCs into the suitcase, but with a tiny bit of disassembly it was possible to squeeze it in. Not quite sure how the Hell I'll fit everything in, but I'm sure it will work out somehow, it usually does. :laugh:

Anyone make a reservation at the Westin on Wed and can't make it ? I was able to bug out of work a day early and was looking to add a night but the Westin says they are booked on Wednesday and can't add me until they have a cancellation...

....but everything is packed up and ready to go.

Edited by nebraska

Stash and I have conferred and our annual Eurobricks pizza dinner is on for Saturday night. What I need everyone to do is see me at my castle display. As long as it doesn't fall apart again it should be easy to find. :blush: It is gold and dark blue hexagonal castle. The accompanying city is 24 feet long. My name is Dale so please come introduce yourself. I am looking forward to putting a face to some of the names on Eurobricks.

Come by at 4pm... or earlier is fine too. The cost is a mere 5$ for the pizza. I will pick up any extra expense this year. Please bring your own drinks as I am not sure I can fit my big cooler in the van with all of the LEGO. Also let me know what type of pizza you like so we have an idea of what to order. Pizza usually arrives at around 6 ish.

Edited by DaleDVM

Also let me know what type of pizza you like so we have an idea of what to order. Pizza usually arrives at around 6 ish.

Meat lovers! Sausage, Pepperoni, Bacon, double bacon, smoked bacon etc!

Very cool of you Dale, I'll be certain to come find you by the giant ... wait did you say _DARK_ blue? *huh**oh2*:wub:

Hey Si Moc. The accents are dark blue and gold, not the whole castle. Yikes that would be expensive! *oh2*

Remind me on Saturday what type of pizza you want. I wasn't very clear but no need for people putting in orders on this thread. I love your Great Wall MOC. Very nice indeed.

I have now put in 14 LEGO hours today and it is nappy time. :sadnew:

Edited by DaleDVM

And airports are insanely boring as usual. First flight of the day leaves in 50 minutes, and if everything is on schedule I'll be in Chicago in 12 hours 25 minutes. Yawn. :sceptic:

Have a safe flight. Stash tells me a few of you guys are taking in a Cubs game tomorrow. It is gonna be a hot day and the women will be scantily clad! Have a good time and go Cubbies. I'll see you on Wednesday night Quarryman!

Hey Si Moc. The accents are dark blue and gold, not the whole castle. Yikes that would be expensive! *oh2*

Remind me on Saturday what type of pizza you want. I wasn't very clear but no need for people putting in orders on this thread. I love your Great Wall MOC. Very nice indeed.

Heh. Still - pretty impressive with dark blue accents.

But you should to an all dark blue castle ... next year :laugh:

done another build /passes out

As usual I have checked-in, dropped off my luggage, and did the tax-free way too early. I still have one and a half hour before boarding. :wacko:

Time for a late breakfast.

I am the one who wants a pizza without cheese. :grin: