Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

OLD Mafia and Mystery Games Index

Note from Dragonator: The forum is undergoing some restructuring, so you may see some changes in regards to this thread and the indexes shortly. Thanks.

Mafia Games

If you take a slot and aren't ready when that time comes around you will be moved to the end of the list.

Rules and Roles

Basic Rules

Everyone is assigned a different role with different abilities, and will be on a side - usually either the townies or the scum. The townies win when all of the scum are dead, and the scum win when they outnumber the townies.

Every day, the town must lynch one player. they do this by posting vote: player, or to unvote, post unvote: player. When the majority of the players have voted against a single person, they will be lynched (eg. 9 players - 5 votes to lynch). Once someone has been lynched, the day ends and night begins.

During the night, some players - depending on their role - will be able to make a night action, which can involve killing, protecting and investigating other characters. Once the night is over, day starts again, and so on, until there is a winning side.

Those are the basic rules. For more information, visit these helpful sites:

mafiascum.net

MafiaWiki

How to Host a Mafia Game

Completed Mafia Games

Western Mafia, hosted by TinyPiesRUs

Sign-Up, Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Conclusion - Winners: ImperialScouts, Trexxen (Scum)

Roman Mafia, hosted by Tanotrooper

Sign-Up, Confirmation, Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Paused (Unfinished)

Edit by Hinckley: Tanotrooper's Roman Mafia Game will not be continuing. I do not trust that it will be run well since it has been paused for so long and we still can't get a good idea of when it would resume. I also believe it would be difficult to pick up where we left off. Sorry.

Mystery Castle, hosted by Dragonator

Index & Discussion, Introduction & Confirmation, Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, Conclusion - Winners: IScreamClone, Hinckley, Commanderbly42, Trexxen, TheBrickster, Quarryman (Town)

The Baritones, hosted by Hinckley

Introduction & Discussion, Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Conclusion - Winners: Shadows, Dragonator, WhiteFang, Quarryman (Town)

Witch Hunt Mafia, hosted by TinyPiesRUs

Introduction & Discussion, Confirmation, Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Conclusion

The Baritones 2, hosted by Hinckley

Sign-Up, Introduction & Discussion, Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Conclusion - Winner: Shadows (Scum)

Galactic Paranoia, hosted by JLBlue & Shadows (Changed host during night 3)

Sign-Up ,Discussion Days: (1: Imperial~Rebel) (2: Imperial~Rebel) (3: Imperial~Rebel) (4: Imperial~Rebel) (5: Imperial~Rebel) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) Conclusion - Winner: Escape the Fate (Double Agent)

Noir Mafia, hosted by TinyPiesRUs

Introduction & Sign-Up, Confirmation & Discussion, Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 7, Conclusion - Winners: Shadows, Striker, Hinckley (Scum)

Mystical Castle, hosted by Dragonator

Introduction & Sign-Up, Confirmation & Discussion, Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, Conclusion Winners: Darth_Legois, Striker, professor flitwick, JimButcher, WhiteFang (Town)

Infection, hosted by Quarryman

Introduction & Sign-Up, Confirmation & Discussion, Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Conclusion Winners: Dragonator, Inertia, Darth_Legois, Sandy, Mr. Mandalorian (Scum)

Prohibition Mafia, hosted by Darth Legois & Bob the Construction Man

Introduction & Sign-Up, Confirmation & Discussion, Days: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Conclusion Winners: Shadows, Big Cam, Simonjedi, TinyPiesRUs, Dragonator, WhiteFang, Dannylonglegs (Scum)

Imperial Soldier's Mafia, hosted by ImperialScouts

Mafia Game in Progress

Dystopia Mafia, hosted by Ricecracker & JimButcher

Upcoming Mafia Games

Hinckley - TBA

Sandy - Hogwarts Mafia

WhiteFang - Scarlet Unification Mafia

Shadows - Pirate Mafia

This list may be up for review shortly.

Mafia Game Winners (Survivors)

5 Games: Shadows

4 Games: Dragonator, WhiteFang

3 Games: Quarryman, Darth_Legois

2 Games: Trexxen, ImperialScouts, Hinckley, Striker

1 Game: Adam, Atoll Dweller, Commanderbly42, Escape the Fate, darthperson, I Scream Clone, lego12, Norrington, Pickerel, pr0visorak, TheBrickster, Zepher, JimButcher, professor flitwick, Inertia, Sandy, Mr. Mandalorian, TinyPiesRUs, Simonjedi, Dannylonglegs, Big Cam

Use this thread to tell us if you wish to host a game, or to discuss rules.

Edit by Shadows: Due to a few failed games, future hosting responsibilities will only be given to those who have proven to have the ability to carry through with a carefully planned and well executed playing experience. Newer hosts may be offered the use of an experienced advisor to help in this process, as needed.

Mystery Games

Completed Mystery Games

Mystery Manor hosted by Dragonator

Index and Discussion thread, Chapters: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Conclusion

Ditalini, hosted by NewRight

Sign-Up, Discussion, Chapters: 1, 2, 3 (Unfinished)

Murder on the Emerald Express hosted by TheBrickster

Index, Rules, Characters, Discussion, Chapters: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6A/6B/6C/6D, 7, 8, 9A/9B, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14A/14B, 15 (Conclusion)

Mafstraw Manor hosted by Zepher

Sign-Up, Discussion Chapters: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5A/5B, 6, 7, 8, Conclusion

Mystery Games currently running

Red Moon hosted by Hinckley

Order of upcoming Mystery Games

Summer 2010 - Dragonator and Shadows - Mystery in the Mountains

Unknown 2010 - Bob the Construction Man - Cruise of Terror

Great idea, TinyPiesRUs!

Oops, can we use this thread to tell you it's great idea too? :look::laugh:

~Peace

Great idea, TinyPiesRUs!

Oops, can we use this thread to tell you it's great idea too? :look::laugh:

~Peace

Thanks. :sweet: I suppose we can use this thread for mafia discussion as well, though I'll leave that to the mods. :classic:

2 things TinyPies, 1: My game is not a Mafia game, and 2: You spelled my name wrong. :tongue:

Oh, it isn't? Sorry. I'll take it off the index :blush: As for your name, I must've been looking at the wanted posters for too long... :tongue:

3069px37.jpg

EDIT: I may just put myself down to host another game... :blush:

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Thanks. :sweet: I suppose we can use this thread for mafia discussion as well, though I'll leave that to the mods. :classic:

Oh, it isn't? Sorry. I'll take it off the index :blush: As for your name, I must've been looking at the wanted posters for too long... :tongue:

3069px37.jpg

EDIT: I may just put myself down to host another game... :blush:

Ya, I was gonna have my name spelled the same way as the poster but the "p" was a spelling error I made. :laugh:

I've updated the index, and added in some future games (although they're not all official yet). If anyone else wants to host a game, please say so in this thread, and I could put your game down in the Future Mafia Games section. :wink:

I've updated the index, and added in some future games (although they're not all official yet). If anyone else wants to host a game, please say so in this thread, and I could put your game down in the Future Mafia Games section. :wink:

Ah, I guess I might as well put me on the list too, with "Mystery Spaceship" (hey, there are precedents for that kind of name :tongue:), but that's still in the planning phase, and needs several Bricklink orders to be ready.

Also, with several mafia games being planned that are not history/adventure themed shouldn't this index perhaps be moved to Community? Just a thought...

Nice looking index TinyPiesRUs. Were you planning to keep to mafia games in the History and Adventure forum, or did you want this to cover all mafia games?

I suppose we can use this thread for mafia discussion as well, though I'll leave that to the mods. :classic:

Well, it's your thread, so that's up to you. :tongue: Whether you do or don't discuss the mafia games in this thread doesn't really matter to me. (Though I would prefer you discussed here as oppesed to making a separate topic for it)

Use this thread to tell us if you wish to host a game.

I would also recommend sending an Administrator a PM to ask if it's okay to start your game. I think sometimes they may want you to wait before beginning another game.

Excellent thread, Tiny Pies! I'm sorry I haven't noticed it before this, but I am happy to see I'm finally on the list of survivors. :blush: Next time I steamroll over something, PM me. I okayed the Town Mafia game without realizing you had one planned. Very sorry about that. I can't wait to see yours, it sounds very good and planned out. I'll make sure the whole staff knows about this thread and hopefully we won't postpone your game any longer...

Thanks again for making this cool index. :sweet:

Well, looks like the Mafia games got their own board! (sorta.) This is great; it'll let me keep track of them all - though I must admit, the ones in the history board opened my eyes to a lot of great MOCs! I never really went there before the first Mafia game there, but I know I'll be there still now!

Oh, and so this post has a little more purpose, I'm going to go ahead and announce my game theme - partly so you all know why it might take me a while to get it set up, and partly because I can't keep it in forever! =P Arr, there be a Pirate Mafia in the works!

~Trexxen

Oh, and so this post has a little more purpose, I'm going to go ahead and announce my game theme - partly so you all know why it might take me a while to get it set up, and partly because I can't keep it in forever! =P Arr, there be a Pirate Mafia in the works!

Oh really? Hmmm... it just so happens that I've been kicking around a Pirate Mafia idea for a while, and even have a name, some gimmicks and such. Perhaps we should conspire discuss it privately sometime. :pir_laugh2:

Sure, that'd be great! Do you have AIM, or do you want to do it via PM?

And so I don't stray off-topic, I can't wait for Mystery Castle 2 - if the first one was great, it'll be hard to top it, but I know Draggy will ^.~

~Trexxen (agh can't shake the nicknames)

I think Pirates will go down really well. :thumbup: Hope you guys work it all out, I look forward to it. It looks like I'm going to miss out on The Baritones ( :cry_sad: ), so this shall have to be what I look forward too...

With Trexxen/IS's Pirate Mafia idea out in the open, I'll introduce mine.

*drumroll...*

A Fabuland Mafia game! I'm working on some MOCs for it, but I'm still awaiting some BL orders. I'm considering peddling for Fabuland parts in the BSTF forum...

I wanted to start a war mafia game (WWII or Pre-Apoc probably) so you can pencil me in for the next available spot. (I assume you are scheduling these so they don't overlap?)

With Trexxen/IS's Pirate Mafia idea out in the open, I'll introduce mine.

*drumroll...*

A Fabuland Mafia game! I'm working on some MOCs for it, but I'm still awaiting some BL orders. I'm considering peddling for Fabuland parts in the BSTF forum...

Intriguing. Looking very much forward to that, especially since I missed The Baritones.

Also, I wonder if there will be noticeable improvement in the mafia games as time progresses and people get more experience. This of course assumes that several players participate in all/most of the games though, but so far that seems to be the case. Anyway, it's going to be interesting to observe, I think. :tongue:

Here's a preview on the rules for my mafia game:

Fabuland's capitol is a popular and bustling city, and our animal friends even mingled with regular minfigures. However, a conflict has risen in Fabuland- the mayor has recieved a tip that a group of highly feared serial killers has come to the capitol, and must be found and elimanated. Unfortunately, the killers are masters of deception, and have easily hidden themselves by merging with the cowd of citizens that populate the city. The mayor has alerted the people, and informs them that they must do all they can to assist the investigation taking place. Once the community has come to agreement on who one of the murderers might be, that person is trialed and executed. But the good Fabuland citizens must work fast, for their ranks could be easily infiltrated while the killers are at large...

What do you think? It's only the story, and I'd welcome any suggestions! :classic: I'm currently trying to obtain Fabuland pieces (I don't have THAT many), and if you have any for sale, please go here! :-)

UPDATE

This wonderful Brickshelf photo is perfect for displaying the cast:

fabuland.jpg

Rules will be coming soon!

Edit: I'm starting to really get the grasp of how running one of these things feels, the difficulty and such. However, I'll get it up as soon as I can! After playing the role of a Mercenary/Traitor and as a Loyalist, I have some experience playing, so I hope to bring that kind of fun out. And if Tiny Pieses' mafia game is before mine, I hope to enter!

Edited by Adam

UPDATE

Edit: I'm starting to really get the grasp of how running one of these things feels, the difficulty and such. However, I'll get it up as soon as I can! After playing the role of a Mercenary/Traitor and as a Loyalist, I have some experience playing, so I hope to bring that kind of fun out. And if Tiny Pieses' mafia game is before mine, I hope to enter!

I thought Tiny Pies had the next slot...

I thought Tiny Pies had the next slot...

He does, I think, but it won't stop me from posting updates! :tongue:

[...]

The crocodile looks suspicious, I'm voting for him! (unless I end up being the crocodile, of course :tongue:)

traitorperhaps.jpg

Who knows what lurks within the hearts of crocodiles...

:tongue: Just kidding, that character may or may not be a killer. So, Quarryman, I take it you're joining? I've already got a few, and I haven't even made a thread... I'll have to ask Tiny Pies whether or not he REALLY is going next...

Can't wait for Mystery Spaceship, Mystery Pirates, Mystery WWII/Pre-Apoc, and whatever Myster-else there is! :tongue:

EDIT: Besides, Hinck, my game is slated for December anyway! Though it may start earlier by "popular demand"...

UPDATE: Altered AGAIN. :hmpf: Back to January 12th.

(But it may change :wink:)

Edited by Adam

Well, Adam, if you need any help running it let me know and I'll give you the basics - and if you haven't already, pencil me in for a spot! Barring any getting murdered, I intend to keep my win streak going (and technically if I die I still win if my side wins =P)

~Trexxen