Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

Legostadt

Me too, me too, likes your town a lot. Specially the way how you have included new stuff in your town to blend in with classic times. Story was great. What sets your town apart is of course proper park area that many people are many times missing in their otherwise nice towns. Thank you.

Another question- where do you get all of your awesome road plates?

I all bought them on Ebay since there they aren't that expensive, payment isn't difficult and you can buy as much road plates of the sort you want to have (e. g. only streight road plates).

[What is so rare about Yellow Bikes?]

It's not only because it was only in one set before but imo a mailman needs a yellow bicycle:

-the post cars are yellow, too, so why not the bicycles?!

-in many countries (like e. g. in Germany) the mailman's bicycles are yellow

-yellow is much more noticeable

-yellow is a contrast to the red-black unifrom of the mailman

Thank you very much for that link, Jesper! :classic:

I haven't seen a Lego bicycle in blue before - looks :wub: ! Do you know whether this is a custom model (e. g. bicycle in other color painted over with blue) or an official one? If it was an official one, do you know to which set it belonged?

Me too, me too, likes your town a lot. Specially the way how you have included new stuff in your town to blend in with classic times. Story was great. What sets your town apart is of course proper park area that many people are many times missing in their otherwise nice towns. Thank you.

Thanks, Marko! :classic:

I'm glad to read that you liked my story. :classic: I thought that writing some sentences to how I plan(ed) my city center of Legostadt and then when I showed the outcome some words about the layout and some words about the different scenes shown in it would make the whole topic much more interesting.

Klaus-Dieter

You have a REALLY good city layout there Klaus :thumbup: . You know, when I take a look at brickshelf and flickr and search for good city layouts they are mostly just a big mess of sets put togethers but your city looks incredibly good :thumbup: , it looks really organized and actually looks like real city. I always want to build my own city when I see collections like yours but then I remember I collect only SW and get out of my cloud :tongue: .

You have a REALLY good city layout there Klaus :thumbup: . You know, when I take a look at brickshelf and flickr and search for good city layouts they are mostly just a big mess of sets put togethers but your city looks incredibly good :thumbup: , it looks really organized and actually looks like real city. I always want to build my own city when I see collections like yours but then I remember I collect only SW and get out of my cloud :tongue: .

Thanks, darkrebellion! :classic:

I'm glad to read that you liked my city center to be good planed. :classic: Indeed it took me many hours to think about how to postition my sets that the whole layout looks the best and most realistic, to build a park in which the fountain of the awesome 10184 Town Plan fits very well and where to put all the little scenes with cars, minifigs and additional stuff.

Why not collecting City sets, too?! - (Since now) I collect City, Western, Castle and SW (only OT). :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

That is a very nice little town/city indeed!!

Especially the parking garage.

"off topic" every one forgets there is a

medium blue bike aswell ( I've bought it for over

a year ago from a German Bricklink Seller and it was

quiet expensive)

Still there is another bike a sand green one which I'm eager

to get, but still nog trace :cry_sad:

Cheers

Jeroen

That is a very nice little town/city indeed!!

Especially the parking garage.

Thanks, jeroend! :classic:

I like the park garage very much, too. Although it was released about 20 years ago it still looks very modern and up-to-date. :thumbup:

(although I think you should swap the theater with the Town Hall).

Again thank you very much for this advise, TheBrickster! :classic:

This evening I built up some road plates, the park and the awesome 10184 Town Plan - and indeed it looks better when the cinema and the town hall are swaped. :thumbup:

It would be great if TLG released one other building in ancient architecture (similar to the town hall) which would look perfect next to the town hall - and a cafe or big store which would look perfect next to the cinema - and a grocery next to the bus stop.

Here is my updated "preliminary" town plan for next year (in principle it's already for this year since there are no new sets in comparison to now):

stadtzentrum_2010_vorl..jpg

I decided to remove the wind turbine and the Main Street: the wind turbine doesn't fit at the place it was placed (but I already stated that the only reason why I put it there was that I really like it and so wanted to show it in my layout, too) and imo the main street better fits in some more suburban area.

Comments are welcome! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for that link, Jesper! :classic:

I haven't seen a Lego bicycle in blue before - looks :wub: ! Do you know whether this is a custom model (e. g. bicycle in other color painted over with blue) or an official one? If it was an official one, do you know to which set it belonged?

I think it might be a test.

But you can buy one now (if you have the money):

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=952&colorID=7

On 9/29/2009 at 9:27 PM, Jesper said:

I think it might be a test.

But you can buy one now (if you have the money):

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=952&colorID=7

:head_back: Yes, there actually had been one - for about eighty Euros or so - that's only ill. And then you only have one of it. But I hope that one day TLG will offer us a regular blue or dark blue bicycle in an official set.

On 8/7/2010 at 9:53 AM, Legobricks+flicklego said:

nice city!

Thanks!

Btw: My work for a new layout slowly comes to an end. If everything works fine, I'm going to present you a complete different and historical layout next month. Here's already a sneek peek (my work of mainly this morning):

img_20200613_131310.jpg

What could it be? :wink: