Sign in to follow this  
Captain Merlot

The royal navy is building a new ship...

Though I have a huge love for the Bluecoat army, I thought about making a 100 gun ship (this is is a guess on how many guns there will be) for the royal navy, the color scheme is based of of my other ship, HMS Duffy shown below, the name of this ship I am still thinking about, but I'll think of one soon.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Captain-20000/ships/lddscreenshot2.png

here's the ship that I was describing,

lddscreenshot3.png

Thanks again from Captain Merlot

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Captain-20000/ships/lddscreenshot3.png

Edited by Big Cam
Oversized images removed

The sides are way over wedged at the moment, and the space between gunports could be 3 or 4 studs wide instead of only 2.

Captain Becker

There is room for improvement, but overall it's a nice ship. I also like the colourscheme.

Is there any ship in particular that you're using as a source for inspiration?

As a sidenote, could you please resize your pictures? Our maximum allowed is 800X600 pixles.

Thanks in forward :pir-classic:

I was Inspired by dread pirate wesley third rate ship-of-the-line, by the way how do you resize picture on a mac?

The same way you do it on a pc, use a resizing program - irfan view does have very good resizing capabilities, it's small, fast and free to use. Plus there is what Frank Brick Wright said in your USS Veronica post:

I have a mac too and it is about the same thing to resize pictures than in a normal Windows or Linux. Where are you deep-linking them from? Flickr? Brickshelf maybe? If you are using Brickshelf — way easier, IMO — you just need to resize the pictures you are uploading by changing their size. If you don't know how to change the pictures' size you can do so in Preview, the default application for pictures, by selecting Tools and Adjust Size… where you can put 800x600 pixels.

Well, I can honestly say I think that I might be going a little too fast but, here it is the finished model of the center section, there will be four of what I am about to show you,

lddscreenshot6.png

Then I finished the stern too, but the worst is yet to come after I finish the bow, the rigging, but let's think happy thoughts, here's a pic from the back of the stern,

lddscreenshot4.png

This one will give you a better view of the deck,

lddscreenshot3.png

This one allows you to get a idea of what the interior looks like,

lddscreenshot5.png

I finally learned how to resize my pictures and always keep tuned in for more info.

Yours truly,

Captain Merlot