Sign in to follow this  
Emperor Claudius Rome

What is the cheapest set with asoka?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

This is the first topic I've made here.

I have this brickfilm idea that parodies the new clone wars series. So I'll need an ahsoka and a Rex figure. I know I can get an anikan really cheap from an anikans starfighter set, and my friend can lend me his plo koon, obi-wan and cody minifigs. But i need the other two!

all advice welcome :classic:

Edited by KimT

Rex Brickshelf

Surely you mean Bricklink. Yes, her starfighter is the cheapest set that comes with Ahsoka, but that is still $40. Buying them both off of Bricklink will also not be so cheap, as both are around $15 at the cheapest.

Surely you mean Bricklink. Yes, her starfighter is the cheapest set that comes with Ahsoka, but that is still $40. Buying them both off of Bricklink will also not be so cheap, as both are around $15 at the cheapest.

And there's the problem. You could get both off of Bricklink for about $30 cheapest, and just the figs, or spend $90 to get the AT-TE, getting both the figs but also a pretty nice set.

Keychains could work, but then you couldn't put accessories like the kama on Rex because he would be glued. I would say you could try to just buy Rex's helmet and then put blue arms on a clone body, but there's only one person currently selling the helmet on Bricklink. You'll have to decide whether it's worth the 30-ish bucks to buy the two figs. Personally, if they are just for an animation and other minifig-related uses, I would go with the 30 bucks, because there is a huge difference between that and a $90 set.

Why don't you look on Bricklink or Brickset for yourself? I'm sure it would have taken half the time to find out that way than it did to create a new topic. No offense, its just I don't think questions like this are worthy of new threads...

And if you want a cheap(ish) set with Ahsoka, but her starfigher. :wink:

I think that the easiest (and cheapest) way to get a Captain Rex minifigure is to get a keychain, remove the helmet (the head will be glued to it) and take off the blue arms, then attach the helmet and arms to a clone torso (without arms). Then you can just put on a black hip and white legs assembly. The whole thing will practicably be a minifigure, except for the fact that the helmet and head are stuck together. :wink:

But it will only work if you don't plan on taking Rex's helmet off in your brickfilms.

Also, I agree with darthperson; you could have just searched for "Ahsoka" and "Captain Rex" on BrickLink in less time than making this topic.

Edited by ILikePi

I think that the easiest (and cheapest) way to get a Captain Rex minifigure is to get a keychain, remove the helmet (the head will be glued to it) and take off the blue arms, then attach the helmet and arms to a clone torso (without arms). Then you can just put on a black hips and white legs assembly. The whole thing will practicably be a minifigure, except for the fact that the helmet and head are stuck together. :wink:

That seems to be the best solution for Rex to me as well. :classic:

As for Snips & Skyguy: I don't know if you have Lego Stores in "the wonderful land of Beavers and Moose", but if you do, I would check if they have the Twilight. My Lego Store still has it, and it's still 50% off. This would be cheaper than getting Anakin's and Ahsoka's starfighters. Otherwise I'd go with the keychains again.

I wish you good luck with your project, and hope that you wont bash on the CW too hard. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

As for Snips & Skyguy: I don't know if you have Lego Stores in "the wonderful land of Beavers and Moose", but if you do, I would check if they have the Twilight. My Lego Store still has it, and it's still 50% off. This would be cheaper than getting Anakin's and Ahsoka's starfighters. Otherwise I'd go with the keychains again.

I wish you good luck with your project, and hope that you wont bash on the CW too hard. :wink:

We don't get any of 'em fancy Lego stores that you southerner's have. You can still find the Twilight in some Canadian stores; however I don't think it's 50% off :sadnew: .

Honestly Emperor Claudius Rome I would probably just get the AT-TE since you get both minifigs in one place and a half decent set; which might also come in handy for your Brickfilms.

Yes, we have plenty of TRU's up here, and i won't get the twilight because

I don't like the movie

because it's to expensive

And don't worry, I'll just pick on the bad points :wink:

We don't get any of 'em fancy Lego stores that you southerner's have. You can still find the Twilight in some Canadian stores; however I don't think it's 50% off :sadnew: .

Honestly Emperor Claudius Rome I would probably just get the AT-TE since you get both minifigs in one place and a half decent set; which might also come in handy for your Brickfilms.

My birthday is coming soon, so I'll get the AT-TE .

Mods can close this :sweet:

Edited by Emperor Claudius Rome

Wow! You spelled Ahsoka wrong twice. But I'm over that. :tongue:

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that you already found your solution. I didn't see they each cost 15 bucks at the cheapest either!

Edited by Darth Legolas

If you want a good set, a Republic set or a good set to counter a seperatist army thn go for the AT-TE Walker. It needs a bit of work to make it perfect (like building walls to go between the armoured plates see here) Other than that, look on eBay or bricklink (I don't use bricklink, but I use eBay sometimes).

If you are crafty, you could always print off a decal for Rex's helmet and stick blue arms on a clone. I also like the idea of getting the AT-TE. That's how I got my versions of the characters.

it all depends on what you are looking for. The at te would be an easy option to get both minifigs in one go but it is not cheap. Bricklink would be the cheapest way to get them but it may be hard to get them at a good price from just 1 dealer. Or you could get ashoka's starfighter to get her and it is a great set I highly recommend it :classic:

You guys can stop posting. He already found his answer yesterday, and even said that this topic can be closed.

Edited by ILikePi

This is the first topic I've made here.

I have this brickfilm idea that parodies the new clone wars series. So I'll need an ahsoka and a Rex figure. I know I can get an anikan really cheap from an anikans starfighter set, and my friend can lend me his plo koon, obi-wan and cody minifigs. But i need the other two!

all advice welcome :classic:

My personal opinion is to get 7751 (Ahsoka's Starfighter and Droids), so aside from Ahsoka, you also get a nice Starfighter, R7-A7, 2 buzz droids and a droid figher.

Check out reviews at: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7751-1

No better way than the new AT-TE, but Ahsoka herself is very easy to get, she is in a lot of the new TCW Sets.

Only Chance to get Rex in a Set is the AT-TE.

But if you just want to have the Minifigures it's also not bad idea to buy them seperately