Sign in to follow this  

On my holiday to Germany/Netherlands I traveled three hours in the car to see the site of my favourite battle: Waterloo. In the town of Waterloo there was a small hall which had an event centred around captivating the period of Waterloo in Lego. Me being an avid Lego fan I pounced in and snapped up some photos for you lovely folks here at Eurobricks :pir-wink: (Whether I was allowed to I am not sure but there were plenty of other people doing so and the staff looked careless anyway). Enough of my blethering, here's the link to my Flickr album.

Thanks for looking! :pir-sweet:

20067721670_369e8895bd_c.jpg

That is one seriously impressive collection of builds. Thanks for sharing! The tall tan building with the ornate dome is especially impressive.

Gary the Procrastinator's builds would be right at home here. I'm not biased or anything, but he being a fellow EB member, I think his recent layout is just what this big display needs to be complete...

Considering the two root words in its name, does anyone else think "Waterloo" is a humorous name both for the battle and the location?

That is one seriously impressive collection of builds. Thanks for sharing! The tall tan building with the ornate dome is especially impressive.

Gary the Procrastinator's builds would be right at home here. I'm not biased or anything, but he being a fellow EB member, I think his recent layout is just what this big display needs to be complete...

Considering the two root words in its name, does anyone else think "Waterloo" is a humorous name both for the battle and the location?

Apparently, they were going to show the battle in Lego later that day, but alas I had no time and it would cost extra money to see.

P.S. I actually prefer Gary's MOCs better as well :pir-grin:

Edited by Spud The Viking

These are incredible! Thank you for sharing, and I agree that Gary's builds would find in well. His details are vraiment incroyable!

There was a Lego event in Waterloo? Then I was there too early (end of June this year)...

Anyway, nice pictures on flickr. I took the liberty to include one of them into this post.

There was a Lego event in Waterloo? Then I was there too early (end of June this year)...

Anyway, nice pictures on flickr. I took the liberty to include one of them into this post.

Thanks. Yeah, it took me by surprise seeing a big poster of a Lego Napoleon on the side of a building driving through the settlement of Waterloo.