Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

The Eurobase 2005 - Discussion

You should bring one ;) Come on it can even be a simple 48X48 grey baseplate with only vegetation :)

Jipay, are you bringing one as well??

In this case, I will do something for the fun of it (if everyone that comes to Billund do the same) ;)

I'll have to read the module section and start thinking of ideas ;)

EDIT: I will do something ;) so I voted for Variant n

I chose the second option as I think it has more of a space feel to it than the other one, plus I just don't like how it points so much.

Jon.

great work, apo...

I'll most likely build a "construction module", meaning an unfinished module with lots of spacial construction workers and craft... so, i'll take whatever corridor is decided... I'll most likey take two grey plates: one: the module under construction; two: a "temporary craft park" for materials and craft...

1) wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of mark/sign on the corridor if you enter some one elses corridor?

2) what color are we thinking for this corridor? are we going for one universal color or different colors?

3) i'm also thinking of a radar dish (2 x 2 trans yellow) as a light on the ceiling...

4) i voted for the second variant, even though i like number 1 the most... the first has a more or less "royal touch" to it that is only fitting to a City of ambassadors. the second is just a monolithitical building, but i guess easier to build for most members (in terms of available parts)

I love this idea of a multiple theme Moc *satis*

I think I would go to a "simple" theme based on nature: water ponds, wooden bridge, palm trees, animals, house made out of rock and wood (no its not a Flintstone module :-D ).

I think I'll go with it. I'll start this week end ;) This is really cool *satis*

I think your lost paradise could be a Nox village. If you have a small stargate knowledge, the nox are a race that has mastered the eternal life. they live in nice forests in hamrny with animals and plants :) you can also make multiples modules ^^

What do you mean multiple modules??

I think that I don't have enough parts for what I have in mind, so 1 15'X15' baseplate is enough ;)

Pardon my SG knowledge, its 0.

Thanks for the pointer, I'll look at Nox :) ;)

Shame on you, no deforestation :-D :P

i'll make sure that you can replant them :P

Ah, I see the ideas are growing in your heads! Nice!

Actually I think we will plan the whole set up before the event, so

1) we are able to see that everything fits,

2) we (erm... Jipay ;)) are thinking about adding some special add-on to the set up which can only be added when we know how everything will look,

3) things like your wood transport thing are easier to plan and include!

So stay tuned, more details are coming soon! :)

Apo, do you want us to post pis of the module (unfinished and finished), to have a better view of the whole thing (how to set it up...)??

another thing: the display

1) it's in the hotel, you say. is it in a conference room, or in the lobby,...?

2) will the public be able to see, but more important, touch the stuff?

3) when are we going to set up the models (friday, saturday...)

4) I'll need a corner of the entire model, meaning, 1 of my grey plates has to be in one of the corners of the model

5) how do you see this entire model (rectangle, irregular shape,...)

i don't think i'll have the time to start building the model before mid May... however i'll try to get a design ready asap

1) it's in the hotel, you say. is it in a conference room, or in the lobby,...?

Sorry, we don't know yet. I (or DoubleT) will post the info as soon as we know it!

2) will the public be able to see, but more important, touch the stuff?

I'll forward this question to DoubleT! :P

3) when are we going to set up the models (friday, saturday...)

I'll forward this to DoubleT too, since he is in this kind of stuff!

4) I'll need a corner of the entire model, meaning, 1 of my grey plates has to be in one of the corners of the model

No problem, dude, since we plan this before we are able to find the best places for every module!

5) how do you see this entire model (rectangle, irregular shape,...)

As far as I can already say this I think it will be a rectangular set up with a depth of two modules.

Apo, do you want us to post pis of the module (unfinished and finished), to have a better view of the whole thing (how to set it up...)??

Erm, I would like best not to show any pics of the modules in public before the event. But you will need to send me pictures or at least schematics of your creations for the planning. But more details about this are coming later (Hey, it's the first time that I'm planning such a thing, gimme time... ;))

Any more questions are welcome! :)

Oh, and BTW, I'll close this thread tomorrow in the noon to have a valid voting result!

Erm, I would like best not to show any pics of the modules in public before the event. But you will need to send me pictures or at least schematics of your creations for the planning. But more details about this are coming later (Hey, it's the first time that I'm planning such a thing, gimme time... ;))

OK, Apo ;)

Don't worry and take your time Mr. MOC organiser ;) I'm curious and excited by this project, that's why I ask questions ;)

I think you should let the thread go on and just freeze the results :) Or suppress them :)

Yes, I know, I will split the thread afterwards since we aren't talking about corridors anymore... ;)

Well that's what we tought after... We didn't consider this because we both have a huge collection but you're right... That's why we gave people the choice... :-D We are not an autocratric website, this is our house... An orange anyone ? :P