GRogall

New Lego Exclusive 10217 Harry Potter Diagon Alley

This set will be available January

(all pictures link to HR images)

10217 – Diagon Alley™

Ages 14+. 2,025 pieces.

US $ 149.99 CA $ 199.99 UK £ 132.75 DE € 149.99

Expand your very own wizarding world of....

picA2BA35C02CE62058C2426254982AEDF5.gif

No need to pass through the Leaky Cauldron. Now even Muggles can shop in Diagon Alley by building this fantastically magical set that includes 3 extensively detailed buildings and 11 minifigures! Join Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger as they shop for their Hogwarts school supplies. Visit Ollivanders, Borgin and Burkes, and Gringotts Bank. Each Diagon Alley building is realistically detailed. Ollivanders offers an extensive selection of wands, storage shelves and a step ladder that allows Ollivander to gather wands from the top floor. The front desk has an “exploding” function for those inconvenient times when a spell goes awry. Borgin and Burkes includes a scary skeleton, “glow-in-the-dark” elements, a fireplace attached to the Floo Network and a Vanishing Cabinet that Dark wizards might use to sneak into Hogwarts. Gringotts Bank is an impressive two-story building with large double doors, and can be opened completely into one large building or closed to create one smaller building. The bank’s interior features a removable vault, along with the Philosopher’s Stone, a clerk’s desk, a chandelier and ‘wonky’ support pillars. Includes 11 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, each with magic wand; Rubeus Hagrid, equipped with his pink umbrella; Fred and George Weasley; 2 Gringotts goblins; Mr. Ollivander; Lucius Malfoy (with Death Eater disguise); Fenrir Greyback; and 4 new, decorated owls.

Includes 11 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, each with magic wand; Rubeus Hagrid, equipped with his pink umbrella; Fred and George Weasley; 2 Gringotts goblins; Mr. Ollivander; Lucius Malfoy (with Death Eater disguise); Fenrir Greyback; and 4 new, decorated owls!

Diagon Alley is made up of 3 extensively detailed buildings: Ollivanders, Borgin and Burkes and Gringotts Bank!

Ollivanders features lots of wands, storage shelves and a step ladder that leads to the top floor!

Front desk at Ollivanders has an “exploding” function!

Borgin and Burkes includes a skeleton, “glow-in-the-dark” elements, fireplace attached to the Floo Network and even a Vanishing Cabinet!

Gringotts Bank is a two-story building featuring large double doors!

Open Gringotts Bank completely into one large building and explore inside or close it to create a smaller building!

Gringotts Bank features a detailed interior with a removable vault, the Philosopher’s Stone, clerk’s desk, chandelier and ‘wonky’ support pillars!

Includes 11 minifigures: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, each with magic wand; Rubeus Hagrid, equipped with his pink umbrella; Fred and George Weasley; 2 Gringotts goblins; Mr. Ollivander; Lucius Malfoy (with Death Eater disguise); Fenrir Greyback; and 4 new, decorated owls!

Ollivanders measures 8" (20 cm) high and 5" (13 cm) wide!

Borgin and Burkes measures 8" (20 cm) high and 7" (18 cm) wide!

Gringotts Bank measures 8" (21 cm) high and 4" (10 cm) wide when closed, 8" high and 9" (23 cm) wide when opened wide!

Completed model (depending on how much space is allocated between individual parts) measures 24" (60 cm) long and 12" (30 cm) deep and 8" (21 cm) high!

b_10217_box_side_800.jpg

c_10217_detail_1_800.jpg

d_10217_detail_2_400.jpg e_10217_detail_3_400.jpg

f_10217_detail_4_400.jpg g_10217_detail_5_400.jpg

h_10217_detail_6_400.jpg i_10217_detail_7_400.jpg

j_10217_detail_8_400.jpg k_10217_detail_9_400.jpg

l_10217_detail_10_400.jpg m_10217_detail_11_400.jpg

n_10216_detail_12_400.jpg s_10217_detail_17_400.jpg

o_10217_detail_13_400.jpg q_10217_detail_15_400.jpg

r_10217_detail_16_400.jpg p_10217_detail_14_400.jpg

1_minifigure_1_200.jpg 2_10217_minifigure_2_200.jpg 3_10217_minifigure_3_200.jpg 4_10217_minifigure_4_200.jpg

5_10217_minifigure_5_200.jpg 6_10217_minifigure_6_200.jpg 7_10217_minifigure_7_200.jpg 8_10217_minifigure_8_200.jpg

9_10217_minifigure_9_200.jpg 10_10217_minifigure_10_200.jpg 11_10217_minifigure_11_200.jpg 12_10217_minifigure_12_200.jpg

Designer Video in HD

design.jpg

Icon_360-view_7.gif

Here are the links to the instruction manuals....

Book 1

instructions.gif

Book 2

instructions.gif

Book 3

instructions.gif

Post has been edited to add links to HR Pictures!

Post has been edited 01.01.2011 to add instruction links

Enjoy :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

This set will be Available January as an exclusive

I will have better HR pictures soon...

*SNIP*

Enjoy :classic: :classic: :classic:

Oh my god ..... This is the best set of ALL TIME.............

Edited by Omega 8

Oh my... Oh wow! Really REALLY gorgeous looking set! :wub:

My gawd the details in this, it is like a miniature Modular set, such brilliant work. No offense to whoever designed the Burrow (if indeed it wasn't the same people) but this... this is a whole other ball park.

Jamie, is this from you? :look: It looks like your work, it really really does!

Fred and George *happy dance* So many figs. Just WOW!

EDIT: After seeing the video interview with Nik Groves on shop at home, I'd like to say well done Nik and the rest of the Exclusive team! :thumbup:

Edited by Cutlets Iz

This just blew my socks off. *oh2* A must buy for all Harry Potter fans! :thumbup:

I'm really liking some of the details in this set- black PoP arches, the new Atlantis column pieces, the owls, and of course the Weasley twins.

Hello everybody! :classic:

When searching through the web to find out which new Exclusive we've to await, I found following:

Thank you very much to grogall for the detailed set information and the pictures! :classic:

LEGO Harry Potter 10217 Diagon Alley

LEGO-Harry-Potter-10217-Diagon-Alley-Toys-N-Bricks.jpg

LEGO-Harry-Potter-10217-Diagon-Alley-Toys-N-Bricks1.jpg

10217 – Diagon Alley

Ages 14+. 2,025 pieces.

US $149.99 CA $199.99 UK £132.75 DE 149.99 €

LEGO’s Description

Diagon Alley is made up of 3 extensively detailed buildings: Ollivanders, Borgin and Burkes and Gringotts Bank!

Ollivanders features lots of wands, storage shelves and a step ladder that leads to the top floor!

Front desk at Ollivanders has an “exploding” function!

Borgin and Burkes includes a skeleton, “glow-in-the-dark” elements, fireplace attached to the Floo Network and even a Vanishing Cabinet!

Gringotts Bank is a two-story building featuring large double doors!

Open Gringotts Bank completely into one large building and explore inside or close it to create a smaller building!

Gringotts Bank features a detailed interior with a removable vault, the Philosopher’s Stone, clerk’s desk, chandelier and ‘wonky’ support pillars!

Ollivanders measures 8″ (20 cm) high and 5″ (13 cm) wide!

Borgin and Burkes measures 8″ (20 cm) high and 7″ (18 cm) wide!

Gringotts Bank measures 8″ (21 cm) high and 4″ (10 cm) wide when closed, 8″ high and 9″ (23 cm) wide when opened wide!

Completed model (depending on how much space is allocated between individual parts) measures 24″ (60 cm) long and 12″ (30 cm) deep and 8″ (21 cm) high!

Source: toysnbricks.

More pics can be found e. g. in this flickr gallery.

Klaus-Dieter

Is this for real? It's absolutely lovely :wub:.. Unfortunately this just adds another $200 or so to my Bill :sadnew: ...

No! Stop it!

Look in the right thread before you post something that's not supposed to be posted!

I was really excited for this earlier today, and the buildings still look awesome from outside, but...the interior is a HUGE letdown. In the black/green building there is almost nothing, and the white building misses a second floor badly. :hmpf_bad:

OK.

I know absolutely nothing about HP, but boy is that pretty! Could be MODded into some nice Town layout I think as well.

Ok. 2 problems with this amazing set:

1) Where is Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes?

2) Why does Hermione have the same clothes as Ginny in The Burrow? I was hoping for another new female torso. Unless this is considered prelim?

But otherwise; I love the inclusion of Ollivanders; and Fred and George are exquisite!

That is really nice looking, but I would have liked a few more shops for that price tag. :sceptic: Meh, this one will be one to miss.

Thanks for the pictures and info. :thumbup:

The post was closed before I could load the rest of the pictures

so please stay tuned for all the minifigure close ups

This set is absolutely beautiful. I mean I have never been so impressed about something so amazing before. The minifigures are great and a good chance to get some rarer part. The buildings are designed really well :wub:.

When I saw it on SaH I thought that there was a mistake until I got the shock of my life. I am getting this and will look forward to a review and building it myself. :cry_happy:

I seem to have double posted the same thing, please delete this comment and sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Burman