Sign in to follow this  
Ron Dayes

[MOC] "The Blacktip"

hi fellas,

This is my first Spaceship i actually got to finish, so im quite new here.

I usually build cars, so im really out of my comfort zone with this one^^

Tell me what you think of it!

I tried getting it a retro, near future look with edges and a beaten up/heavy duty paintjob (just like the star wars rebel ships).

It fits one fig and has movable engines + engine covers. Also 4 blaster guns are included in the main frame.

Overall size is left small on purpose, so it can be like a dogfighter with small area of possible impact (thats why there are no wings;) )

cheers.

29313924506_9500a6ba8f_c.jpg"The Blacktip" - Spaceship by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

29347679275_9986843aca_c.jpg"The Blacktip" - Spaceship by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

28724801984_e96839863f_c.jpg"The Blacktip" - Spaceship by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

29240005822_3fb6fd6940_c.jpg"The Blacktip" - Spaceship by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

29269359831_5ffd12d68c_c.jpg"The Blacktip" - Spaceship by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

Your car epoche is over Ron, you should now continue to build spaceships. :wink: Very unique design. Your experience with interesting small scale solutions is now paying out. The only minor thing which could be changed is the cockpit window, i.e. making it transparent. However, overall a great MOC.

The design is very accurate for a full modular spaceship.

When you want a modular built in many case you lose ( sometimes strongly) in appearence... not for this one, great job !

The sheer level of detail in this build is astounding. I like the deployable fin. Nice!

Many thanks man, the idea with the deployable fin will have further use in the future ;)

Your car epoche is over Ron, you should now continue to build spaceships. :wink: Very unique design. Your experience with interesting small scale solutions is now paying out. The only minor thing which could be changed is the cockpit window, i.e. making it transparent. However, overall a great MOC.

haha, well - i just love cars buddy! But still, i find interest in Space stuff - more than i would like, cause now i got to many "constructions sites" in LDD! xD

thanks for liking it that much and leaving your input. Infact the windscreen is trans clear, but the black housing around it, prevents the render from showing it in true clarity.

If you look very very closely, you can see through :D

The design is very accurate for a full modular spaceship.

When you want a modular built in many case you lose ( sometimes strongly) in appearence... not for this one, great job !

True, functions and detail always comes at a cost - i will try get my hands on bricks for this one. But that might take some time. Til then, i cant really garante its super firm, yet everything is connected^^

Very cool! :wub:

Many thanks - and that all the way from the train forum? ;D awesome!