Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter Two

redscaremysterybanner.png

Chapter Two - Suspicious Seaside

As the townsfolk rush to the lighthouse, they're hastily stopped by the Lifeguard, one of the few remaining townsfolk.

img_0265.jpg

"There's something mighty suspicious over by the rocks." she reports.

"Right, we can't take too many people up to the lighthouse, so I'm looking for five brave volunteers who'd like to go with me." Matt says.

The sound of things crashing against the shore is still heard, but it is not as loud.

The Lifeguard joins the group as an NPC! The Congressman and Mayor Bradford are still missing!

------------------------------------------------------------

Characters:

Government Workers

mayorian.jpg

Ian Bradford (Mayor) played by Walter Kovacs

tcm.jpg

Will Ackerson (Town Councilman) played by iamded

judge.jpg

Alan Cain (Judge) played by JCC1004

chief.jpg

Ryan Phelps (Police Chief) played by JimButcher

cop1.jpg

Tim Fields (Police Officer) played by CallMePie

cop2.jpg

Louis Harrison (Police Officer) played by Brickme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Class

chefdieter.jpg

Dieter Schneider (Chef) played by Shadows

doctor.jpg

Simon Lloyd (Doctor) played by Burman

lawyer.jpg

Patrick Jefferson (Lawyer) Played by Professor Flitwick

dockworker.jpg

James Falzone (Dock Worker) played by CorneliusMurdock

nurse.jpg

Julie “Princess” Parker (Nurse) played by The Crazy One

farmer.jpg

Alan Simmons (Farmer) played by Fugazi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other

dolores.jpg

Dolores Jefferson (Housewife) played by Def

gloria.jpg

Gloria Jefferson (Student) played by Admiral Ron

stevie.jpg

Stevie Jefferson (Student) played by Legonater

retiredsalesman.jpg

Ralph Jenkins (Retired Salesman) played by Cralegoboy

retiredwife.jpg

Valerie Jenkins (Housewife) played by Sok117

huac_man.jpg

Matt Liebenston (HUAC Investigator) Played by Dragonator

Reserves:

-Captain Genero

-Captain Becker

-Capt.JohnPaul

-Mrlegoninja

-Peanuts

(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor)

1. There are 18 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.

2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:

"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".

Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:

"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."

It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.

3. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!

4. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.

5. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it, and you'll be fine.

6. Please remember that this is the early 1950’s. No iPods, digital cameras, cell phones, printers, computers, fax machines, or otherwise. No events past the current date either, or else people will view you as insane.

7. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. You’ll always have the option of backtracking or researching the same place.

8. The host is usually always right. If you think I’ve made an error, then please discuss this in the discussion thread or feel free to PM me.

9. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.

10. Remember that although a chapter has ended, that doesn’t mean that the day has concluded, and night actions can be used.

10b. There are also chapter actions. Those of you with chapter actions have the ability to use them at the end of each chapter.

11. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.

Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.

12. This is the 1950’s, the middle of the Cold War. You’re under constant worry of potential nuclear Armageddon, so act like it. The Communists are your enemies in this game, don’t forget that. Also, anytime historical facts from the 1950’s are brought in is a big plus.

I want to go to the lighthouse.

I want to ask the coast guard where she has just come from.

I would like to ask the lifeguard Hey, babydoll, what you doin' later?

I'm sorta brave, Mr. Liebenston. There was this one time when we got this crate in from Australia that shook around like crazy. Some of the other guys thought it was possessed or something. Then, my buddy, Earl, (he ain't around no more on account of this other shipment of bananas that has these spiders the size of.. .wait that's another story) bet my two bits that I wouldn't have the guts to open the crate. So I go in and pry off the boards and wouldn't you know it's one of them kangaroos. I laughed so hard that the others were scared of the crate that I just have spooked him cause he jumped up and kicked me in the head. Woke up in the hospital two weeks later but I did win the two bits. So, yeah, I'm sorta brave.

That is to say, I'll go with you.

I would like to ask the lifeguard what she saw, and if she can give a better description.

I would like to ask the coastguard if she saw the congressman or mayor.

I want to go to the lighthouse.

I want to ask the coast guard where she has just come from.

Dr.Lloyd gets behind Inspector Liebenston.

"I've always been here, I just work at the lighthouse, watching for swimmers." the lifeguard says.

I'm with you sir! Too bad I didn't bring my trusty hay fork. :angry:

Farmer Simmons gets behind Inspector Liebenston.

i would like to go to the lighthouse

I would like to inspect those rocks

Gloria Jefferson gets behind Inspector Liebenston.

I would like to ask the lifeguard Hey, babydoll, what you doin' later?

I'm sorta brave, Mr. Liebenston. There was this one time when we got this crate in from Australia that shook around like crazy. Some of the other guys thought it was possessed or something. Then, my buddy, Earl, (he ain't around no more on account of this other shipment of bananas that has these spiders the size of.. .wait that's another story) bet my two bits that I wouldn't have the guts to open the crate. So I go in and pry off the boards and wouldn't you know it's one of them kangaroos. I laughed so hard that the others were scared of the crate that I just have spooked him cause he jumped up and kicked me in the head. Woke up in the hospital two weeks later but I did win the two bits. So, yeah, I'm sorta brave.

That is to say, I'll go with you.

James Falzone gets behind Inspector Liebenston.

The lifeguard blushes. :blush:

I would like to ask the lifeguard what she saw, and if she can give a better description.

"Looks like somethin' crashed against the rocks. There's a lotta items in the wreckage." she says.

I would like to ask the coastguard if she saw the congressman or mayor.

"I haven't seen the Congressman since he came to town a few days before Election Day, but I saw the Mayor being taken by some guy earlier today."

"We're looking for one more person." Matt says.

I would also like to go to the lighthouse, and bring my dog.

I want to ask the lifeguard for a description of the guy she saw and her phone number

"I couldn't tell. He was wearing all black."

She blushes again when asked for her phone number.

I would also like to go to the lighthouse, and bring my dog.

Ralph Jenkins and his dog get behind Inspector Liebenston.

"Shall we go?" the lifeguard asks.

"Wait a second." Chief Phelps says. "Why are regular townsfolk going, and not the police?"

"I don't think we can fit all of us at the lighthouse..." the lifeguard says.

"Well, you're going to have too. Let's go everyone." Chief Phelps says.

The group departs for the lighthouse, which isn't that far away.

I would like to go to the rocks near the lighthouse, and bring with me the rock found near the hotel to see what the resemblance is to the beach rocks, as well as just to have one handy.

I would like to go to the rocks and inspect the wreckage and have it described to me

As the group travels to the lighthouse peak, this sight becomes visible:

img_0269.jpg

I would like to go to the rocks near the lighthouse, and bring with me the rock found near the hotel to see what the resemblance is to the beach rocks, as well as just to have one handy.

The rock from the hotel matches the one from the lighthouse.

I would like to go to the rocks and inspect the wreckage and have it described to me

I would like to see if anything suspicious washed up on shore.

img_0272.jpg

Valerie, Gloria, and the others approach the wreckage from the land, as Dieter, Matt, Chief Phelps, and Officer Harrison inspect it from the water. Pieces of wood float in the water, most likely from a boat which broke up. Next to the wreckage is a washed up raft and life jacket. There's a map resting safely on a few pieces of wood, as well as a rifle, and a knife on another few pieces. A suitcase also lies safely above the water. Finally, there's a letter on a crate.

I would like to use my years of experience as a dock worker to see if I can recognize where the wreckage may have come from.

While the boat itself doesn't look familiar, the amount of wood there points that the boat was only ten feet long, and was most likely towing the raft.

A noise comes up from behind the people on the lighthouse peak.

img_0274.jpg

It's Congressman Bob and Mayor Bradford!

Mayor Bradford (Walter Kovacs) may now post again.

I would like to know how the group that went to the lighthouse are doing.

I would like to know how the group that went to the lighthouse are doing.

You are at the lighthouse.

I would like to know if the group in the lighthouse know what has happened below.

The rocks match? Hmm... something suspecious is going on here.

I would like to use my skills as a Geography student to study the map

I would like to flip over the boat, and if it floats, get in, and take the rifle.

I would like to know if the group in the lighthouse know what has happened below.

Everyone is quite aware of the wreckage is that's what you're asking.

I would like to use my skills as a Geography student to study the map

It's a map of Alabatha with the Jefferson Household, the Farm, the Town Hall, and the lighthouse all circled in red.