Indy 2009 Discussion Thread

890 replies to this topic

#251 Skinny Boy

Skinny Boy

Member: 650

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:23 PM

Is TLC messin with our heads? Look at the box art/instruction-like pic. Look at the figs. Is it just me, or do the black torsos really look broad shouldered? :wacko:  Something is going on my head. I think its the new torso design, and the glossy looking black.
======================================

Posted Image

FlickR

#252 Cakeman

Cakeman

Member: 1924

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:25 PM

Well, I liked the guns in the preliminary better, and I also notice that the badguys have new faces. A shame, I wanted the one with the green glasses (looked a lot like a mad scientist) but... ok, they are good now too. Even though it's a shame about the guns I still want this set bad  :thumbup:

#253 Andrex

Andrex

• LSW2 Reporter

Member: 574

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:37 PM

Haha it's not often I'm persuaded to buy an Indiana Jones set, but this is fantastic.  I love this scene, and the vehicles and minifigs rule.  I see no downside in buying this set ^^.

-- Andrex

#254 Tanotrooper

Tanotrooper

• TT Commander

Member: 1514

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

View PostCakeman, on Oct 19 2008, 03:25 PM, said:

Well, I liked the guns in the preliminary better, and I also notice that the badguys have new faces. A shame, I wanted the one with the green glasses (looked a lot like a mad scientist) but... ok, they are good now too. Even though it's a shame about the guns I still want this set bad  :thumbup:

that's dr octopus's head. He is a mad scientist :-P you can buy it on BL if you want to.

Looking forward to back pics of this set.

TT
http://www.brickshel...i?m=Tanotrooper
Project Waterloo 1815: FINISHED AT THE MOMENT: 2 companies of the 1st bataillon of "le 45ème regiment d'infanterie de ligne" (pic=link)

Posted Image
  Posted Image
flickr

#255 Tim Bit

Tim Bit

Member: 4121

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

hey the new ones not so bad theres a little crown.
"I'm proud to be Canadian...eh!"

#256 Lego12

Lego12

• Kill'n George

Member: 3422

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

I really like this set...it has a ton of suits... :wub: The cars are nice too, I can't wait for this to come out! :sweet:
"One without strength is one without purpose."

"You never know, until you know."

-Lego12

#257 Shtick

Shtick

Member: 3594

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

A great improvement over the prelim shots. I am eagerly awaiting this set! Glad they fixed the outfits (knew they would). They look much better now.

#258 Righteous Squid

Righteous Squid

Member: 3964

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

I must add to the voice of dissent. Overall I liked the preliminaries better myself.

Short round and Indy's car do look a little better in some areas - glad the taps are gone - but I don't like the new square wheel arch. The bad guy's truck looked better with a full wheel arch, I liked their suits better first time round and am sorry to see that the Doc Ock face and the guns have been replaced.

Maybe this is more movie accurate (anyone got a picture?) but I was planning to get this to add character to the criminal underbelly of my growing Gotham city collection.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#259 Shtick

Shtick

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:42 PM

Prelim Car
Movie Car
Final Car

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The suits that the bad guys are wearing are much more screen accurate in the final version. The only thing that really jumps out at me is Indy's hat. He didn't have it here (well, in the car's luggage he did. Shows up after he changes on the plane).

#260 samthelegoman1

samthelegoman1

Member: 3499

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

Flippin awesome!  The vintage cars look sweet!  I can't wait till it comes out.  I hope it's not too expensive (20-30 bucks)

#261 Snake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?!

Snake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?!

Member: 3250

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

Great save the weapons :hmpf_bad:
I really wanted a tommy gun in Indy.
Either way, really good.
What's with Short Round's face?
About the tuxes, james bond anyone?

Edited by Snake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?!, 19 October 2008 - 06:09 PM.

The solid snake
Join the We Hate Liquid Ocelot fan club!!!!!!

MGS4 gets a perfect 10 out of 10 on IGN! w00t!

#262 Shtick

Shtick

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:20 PM

View PostSnake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?!, on Oct 19 2008, 10:08 AM, said:

But those are the style of tuxes Indy and the gangsters wore in the movie.  Remember, Indy was at a nightclub right before this car chase.

#263 Skinny Boy

Skinny Boy

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

View PostShtick, on Oct 19 2008, 07:20 PM, said:

But those are the style of tuxes Indy and the gangsters wore in the movie.  Remember, Indy was at a nightclub right before this car chase.

What? The white tux looks like James Bond. Whats wrong with saying that?

Posted Image

FlickR

#264 Shtick

Shtick

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

View PostSkinny Boy, on Oct 19 2008, 11:42 AM, said:

What? The white tux looks like James Bond. Whats wrong with saying that?
If that was his meaning, then I was mistaken. I took it as a criticism. My bad.

#265 Skinny Boy

Skinny Boy

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

View PostShtick, on Oct 19 2008, 07:52 PM, said:

If that was his meaning, then I was mistaken. I took it as a criticism. My bad.

For a second there, I thought you meant he criticised you :tongue:. Anyway, the tux will definitely work for an agent, or even a party attendant. This set will provide much life to future MOCs, in many ways.

Posted Image

FlickR

#266 The Rancor

The Rancor

Member: 3035

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

Wow.  Thanks for the pics!  :thumbup:

(Why isn't there at least 1 pic of the Flying Wing?)
'The Rancor' on Brickset
'The-Rancor' on Brickshelf

#267 Canticleer blues

Canticleer blues

Member: 2590

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

Believe it or not, I actually like the new 'Dusenberg' better, especially when you compare it with the reference pic from the movie; the new hood ornament is great too :grin: .  The figs are much improved, as well!  Indy and Wilie look as expected; Willie seems to have a reversible head with a scream, and Indy both a hat and hair.  I'm so glad they didn't reuse Sapito's torso for Short Round, which I thought was the case after the first glance.  His face is a little odd, but not unacceptable or unwelcome (he did talk a lot during that scene, so..).  The gangsters look even better; it looks that they're going for a cross between the generic gangsters in that car and Lao Che and his son (look at the closer gangster's face; it's clearly Lao Che, what with that mustache!), which is okay with me:  I'd rather have black fedoras and new faces, rather than reuse of old faces and no Lao Che and Kao Kan.  The car looks better in the back with the new arches: unfortunately, they took out the black flags for the front pontoons, but hey, that piece is easily obtainable, right?  I know I have a few lying around.    All in all a great set:  I really want to get this one!  :thumbup:

(Wow, that was a lot longer than I thought it'd be...)

(Why isn't there at least 1 pic of the Flying Wing?)

I was wondering about that too.  Hopefully it'll come along soon...

Edited by Canticleer blues, 19 October 2008 - 10:20 PM.

Wanderer of the cosmos, just shootin' by the stars...

#268 Derek

Derek

• Sith no more

Member: 2075

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:37 PM

Lol, that Willie head looks like its crying!  :laugh: She is a really great figure!

View PostIgnited_Impulse, on 20 September 2010 - 01:51 AM, said:

Dude, you've got a Final Fantasy sig and you're on a lego forum....arguing about elves. Try not to think you're some cool guy because you don't play D&D
My Flickr Account

#269 Athos

Athos

• Sloppiness Seeker

Member: 84

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:14 AM

Short-Round's face looks terrible.

Steve

#270 the enigma that is badger

the enigma that is badger

• I don't make 'em, I just hype 'em!

Member: 2134

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:32 AM

Definitely added to my "Must Buy" list.  Great new suit torsos (which perfectly match my black-and-white color scheme faction!), neat builds on the cars, and useful accessories (nuts to you, black Krylon spray-painted Indy fedora!)

Snake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?! said:

I really wanted a tommy gun in Indy.
Yeah, a minifig-compatible "Chicago typewriter" style Tommy gun would be great, wouldn't it?  But I mean, who would ever do something like that?  :wink:

badger
"I watched him die all night. It was a long, slow thing and he fought it all the way. He never whimpered and he never quit. He took all the time he had as though he loved life very much. Every second of it...even the pain. Then, he was dead."

Flickr

#271 Mocha

Mocha

Member: 2785

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:46 AM

hmm... looks pretty good, altho I liked the bad guy suits in the preliminary version better...
LEGO is pronounced LEGO. NOT LEGOS!
Proud to be Canadian!
Wishlist
7675 AT-TE                
7676 Republic Attack Gunship

7679 Republic Fighter Tank
7681 Separatist Spider Droid
7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack
8018 AAT
8039 Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser

CoDMW2 - 11.10.09

#272 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

Member: 126882

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:53 AM

View PostCakeman, on Oct 19 2008, 11:25 PM, said:

Same, the old heads were better IMO. Still shall get this set, maybe on sale :cry_happy:  :thumbup:

#273 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:02 AM

View PostThomas B., on Oct 19 2008, 03:42 PM, said:

I love those cars, but most importantly there will be gangsters! I want them so bad!  :pirate:
Me too! this is my favourite aspect of this set! Gangsters!  :wub:

View PostSandy, on Oct 19 2008, 11:40 PM, said:

I'm most definitely getting this set, even if it is just for the minifigs included. :wink:
This is the main reason I'm getting it too, and if I can afoord it, hopefully two of them. The minifigs are absolutely fantastic, and the best part is that they can ALL be used in my Batman display. Wille can be used as an Iceberg Lounge dancer, Indy's suit for another character and of course the gangsters as gangsters! Inspired!  :grin:

View PostSnake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?!, on Oct 20 2008, 05:08 AM, said:

Wow! You are right, that is perfect for James Bond, especially Sean Connery who wore that white suit often in his films.

View PostAthos, on Oct 20 2008, 12:14 PM, said:

Short-Round's face looks terrible.
I'll reserve my judgment, but I like it. It could be better yes, but it's good enough for me.

View Postthe enigma that is badger, on Oct 20 2008, 12:32 PM, said:

Yeah, a minifig-compatible "Chicago typewriter" style Tommy gun would be great, wouldn't it?  But I mean, who would ever do something like that?  :wink:
Tell me you've made one. If you have I am so buying.

View Posthollisbrick, on Oct 20 2008, 01:53 PM, said:

Same, the old heads were better IMO. Still shall get this set, maybe on sale :cry_happy:  :thumbup:
I disagree, if you want old heads buy old sets, the more heads we get the more variety as well. So I can't find a single thing wrong apart from the guns. Both vehicles will be ever-so-slightly tweaked and added to my Gotham display too, as I love them. This is definitely one of my most anticipated sets!

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#274 Hun

Hun

Member: 938

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:43 PM

Well, I also liked the preliminary version of the tan car better. Even though it was less true to the movie original, the front fender and the sides of the engine compartment with the taps looked much better to my eyes. But so what, I'll modify this anyway...

I miss the original guns, too, but at least the figs are all much improved.

My only major problem with this are the modern five-spoke wheels. I think these vehicles would deserve a more retro-looking design.

#275 slimninj4

slimninj4

Member: 4005

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

I'm guessing this is a 20$ USD set.  It looks interesting and I may pick it up.  I like the older guns better but can always brickarms it.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users