Sign in to follow this  
green dewback

Clone Tank Battle Pack

indexed.gif

Redone the entry to replace the Astromech Chariot.

Clone Tank Battle-Pack

69 pieces excluding the Minifigs.

"The Republic Army need your support to combat the endless waves of invading droids ! Rolling on rubber threads, the light support tank of the Clone Army storms into the battlefield. Clone Troopers dismount and take on any droid that stands in their path. Build your army with the Republic today ! "

3968159949_43a5755472_o.jpg

3968934482_416796b047_o.jpg

The Clone Troopers.

3968934240_9a307955e4_o.jpg

Riding into battle.

3968934358_ecb4354143_o.jpg

Sloped armor on the front with dual laser cannon on turret.

3968159833_84a20ece11_o.jpg

Side view of tread and wheels.

Had this inspiration on tracked vehicle last night before sleep, so gave it a try to replace the terribly small cart in my previous Astromech Chariot entry.

The tracked chassis was 42 piececount, so I tried putting various weapon system on top but the piececount would be over 70 so I kept things simple with a basic swiveling laser turret.

Flickr url - all the pics are already posted above.

flickr

Edited by green dewback

Great idea! I like how the astromech droid is shooting the lightning on the top of his head. The chariot is really good and I like all the tools on it. To make it better I would put I different droid in there as well.

Great work and good luck!

Cute little idea! The chariot is a little random, but it is okay. :grin: But, I think it would be much better to include the green and black astromechs instead of three R2s. It would come in handy for base building, and I think I would only buy one of these if they were on shelves.

I'm not a fan of the back story and the general idea. To me it personally doesn't feel like a battlepack (I'm not a fan of the back story and the general idea.), it just seems (no offence intended) that you created a nice humorous MOC and because it fitted the criteria it was entered in. (once again no offence meant it just seems like a little diorama instead of something you'd go out and buy.)

However the little Chariot is amazingly well done for about 60 pieces.

Very nice Dewback (I assume I can leave out the Green :wink: ), and a very original concept :thumbup: I don't think it would be very easy if you didn't have the set but putting 'Stubby' in there from Ahsoka's starfighter would make it far more wantable. Still, I know there's quite a shortage in red astromechs, so the pack is useful there, as well as in the tools for the cart.

I always really like the pure fun element of your creations Dewback! R2 zapping the chariot pullers onwards, the group of them going to work on the R5 (the accessories are great); good stuff! :laugh:

Good luck with your entry.

Rules Of Entry:

• 4 Minifigs - brickbuilt minifigs counts a minifig (no more, no less).
  • 50-70 Parts (minifigs not included).
  • Custom minifigs and accessories allowed (Brickforge, Brickarms and so forth).
  • No clone brand parts (megablocks, blocko and so forth).
  • No baseplates (or large parts like BURP).
  • S@H-like Description (check the descriptions on shop.lego.com for inspiration).
  • Own motivation for creating set (why these figs and accessories?).
  • Max 5 pictures from different angles - One of which should be a box diplay/image.
  • Please include a link to off-site folder with more pics or higher resolution pictures (optional).
  • Max picture resolution is 800x600.
  • No large parts - it's a Battle Pack and should resemble existing BP's in size and contents.
  • Only one entry per member.
  • 'Real' entries only - no digital entries.
  • Entry has to be a new MOC.

Hilarious and a little twisted as usual.

Best of luck.