Huge fan of LEGO's model for Kylo Ren's Shuttle, 75104, but as many fans as well, I was very disappointed that the ship's wings did not fold out. I was also a little disappointed that the color did not completely reflect that of the ship as seen in The Force Awakens.

So of course I decided to add the missing features and improve the color, as well as change some other attributes. Finally finished my LDD rendition. What do you all think?

1454741163m_DISPLAY.jpg

14547411641_DISPLAY.jpg

14547411642_DISPLAY.jpg

14547411653_DISPLAY.jpg

14547411654_DISPLAY.jpg

I also listed some other changes I made on MOCpages, if you want to check them out.

Excellent work! Is there room in the cockpit for minifigures or is it a solid build?

Yes. The overall design is the same; minifigures still fit inside it. Also, the wings still fold down and reattach via the pin assembly used in 75104.

Looks amazing. I wish TLG would make there builds more accurate! It looks so much better in black.

Looks very nice, reminds me of the version jangbricks made :sweet:

The only thing that bugs me a bit is that the central front part with the view port is one stud too thick, is it possible to reduce the width to only two studs?

Reference:

kylo-ren_s-command-shuttle_0b43b874.jpeg?region=404%2C0%2C881%2C878&width=320

Looks very nice, reminds me of the version jangbricks made :sweet:

The only thing that bugs me a bit is that the central front part with the view port is one stud too thick, is it possible to reduce the width to only two studs?

Reference:

kylo-ren_s-command-shuttle_0b43b874.jpeg?region=404%2C0%2C881%2C878&width=320

Thanks for the suggestion. I do agree that it does look a little too large. I'll take a look and see. :-)

Looks great in black, with the red view port.

I must ask though - you're selling the lxf for this on ebay yeah?

Looks great in black, with the red view port.

I must ask though - you're selling the lxf for this on ebay yeah?

Yes

Yes

While I am still selling all of my design's instructions, I don't promote the sales on Eurobricks. I'm using this site to get ideas from other builders on how to make my designs even better. Per the terms of service, I am trying to avoid self-promotion. But I do post links to my moc page pages. Links to my store and other selling sites are on there.

Cool, well I appreciate the amount of effort that goes into putting a build into LDD.

People do mostly seem to give free downloads here though (unless they've authored pro quality instructions), but you're quite right re: promotion.

It's an interesting legal grey area to tread, selling a design that is mostly based on an existing TLG model. I suppose it falls under "derivative works", but with it being such a common modification that has been done many times by others, with instructions on those being made freely available in almost all cases, I guess I don't fully comprehend the business sense behind it. But as the saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute. That's capitalism for ya.

Cool, well I appreciate the amount of effort that goes into putting a build into LDD.

People do mostly seem to give free downloads here though (unless they've authored pro quality instructions), but you're quite right re: promotion.

Thanks. :-)

It's an interesting legal grey area to tread, selling a design that is mostly based on an existing TLG model. I suppose it falls under "derivative works", but with it being such a common modification that has been done many times by others, with instructions on those being made freely available in almost all cases, I guess I don't fully comprehend the business sense behind it. But as the saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute. That's capitalism for ya.

I understand your thinking. :-) I've thought about that as well, that being the design does rely heavily on TLG's original design. Been thinking lately about trying to change some of the parts of the ship (namely making the cockpit "flatter" and removing the gaps in the wing builds) and making them "original" so that one day I will be able to say that this is an original work. :-)

Very good job, Austin.

I look forward to building this one.

Thanks for making the instructions available.

Thanks so much for your interest in them. I really had fun constructing the wing MOD, and I hope you will too. :-)