Sariel

The Unofficial LEGO ® Technic Builder’s Guide by Sariel available f

Yup, this is going straight to the top of my wish list.

Edited by Phoxtane

The 20 chapters start simple for first-time builders, but quickly move to advanced material.

I will have it :sweet: I'm very curious too :cry_happy:

I'd say it's from medium to advanced. The book is designed to start easy and then go towards more advanced stuff.

Hurrah -- I just pre-ordered my copy through No Starch Press! :cry_happy: Blakbird helped with the book proofreading, and Conchas wrote the Forward to the book. This kind of book has been needed for years!

Pre-ordered. The technic gearing fascinates me. I have a few technic sets, the latest one is the 8070 super car. I'm debating whether or not I should get the 8110 Unimog. I really hate trying to take them apart though. I'm looking forward to your book. I have had your site bookmarked for over a year.

Pre-ordered. The technic gearing fascinates me. I have a few technic sets, the latest one is the 8070 super car. I'm debating whether or not I should get the 8110 Unimog. I really hate trying to take them apart though. I'm looking forward to your book. I have had your site bookmarked for over a year.

9398 will have the same suspension parts plus new motors, so that might be the better buy.

Sweet - Is the page count determind yet or? Because amazon say like 250 and another place(your own site) say some like 300.

But I am preordering right now:D

Edited by jacobkristensen

Sweet - Is the page count determind yet or? Because amazon say like 250 and another place(your own site) say some like 300.

But I am preordering right now:D

The page count is estimate. I believe what Amazon says is a minimum.

The eBook version sounds cool and it'd be handy to have on my kindle, but I'm wondering if it's likely to be dependent on a lot of colour pictures etc, in which case it might be better to get a physical copy.

The eBook version sounds cool and it'd be handy to have on my kindle, but I'm wondering if it's likely to be dependent on a lot of colour pictures etc, in which case it might be better to get a physical copy.

It definitely is dependent on a lot of colour pictures, some of which need to be seen in detail.

[bUMP]

On this No Starch Press webpage, the publisher of Sariel's new book has posted these "sneak peak" images. There are only a few more weeks to wait until the book is out! As Sariel noted on another topic, Botbench did a short Review of the book.

technic_18-19_1.png

technic_300-301_0.png

From Sariel's facebook page, you can see that this book is quite thick at 352 pages:

47255_10151427186868696_1742920728_n.jpg

I cant wait to get this book!

Same here!

Maybe it's needless to say (probably has been said before) but there's a 40% discount if you use the coupon code BUILDIT at http://nostarch.com/technicbuilder.

Plus free eBook version.

Edited by Gekke Ted