arshiaIQ

How delicate are the IR receivers

Hi guys I've just bought a 42030...

Its the first time Im experiencing IR receivers!

I want to know if there is any problem attaching 2 l-motors to a single channel? What about stalling 2 l-motors on a single channel? Or stalling an XL-motor?

How does this thing fry/burn? I wanna know to prevent it :)

Firstly, unless you do something really weird, you will not fry an IR receiver. Lego battery boxes, motors, and IR receivers all have a nice feature called a thermoreistor, which will shut the device off if you try to draw too much current, as in the event of a stall situation. The only way I can think to fry it would involve using a modified battery that put out too much voltage and current, or screwing up a custom wiring job. If you stalled a motor, the worst that could happen is you get a thermal shutoff, and then all you'd have to do is turn the model off, and turn it back on again.And, this is only if you stall the motor for a few seconds, which is hard. This goes for any motor. Lego has more detailed specifications on their website, if you want actual current numbers. For the second part, you should have no problems connecting 2 L motors to a single channel, they just might not run at max power. 9398, which uses a 2L motor/channel configuration, actually has a modified receiver to make this work better, which has V2 printed on the front. But, for the most part, you should be fine, although I don't have much expierence with the differences between the receiver types.

It shouldn't ever fry because it's protected. If the current is too high, it will shut off. With V2 receivers (the newer ones), you can connect 2 Large motors without any problems. You can do this with old receivers, but the motors will run a little slower.