Sign in to follow this  
Palathadric

EB LDD/LDraw 2014 Contest Entry: House

Greetings! Once again I present to you a LDraw MOC made in SR 3D Builder for the Free Build category of Eurobricks' just finished LDD/LDraw 2014 Contest. I didn't have time to do the roofing well or even the basement, which I originally had plans to make, but if I get around to doing them later I will post updates. :classic: One of the great things about creating digital buildings is that you don't need to destroy the old before you build the new, so you can get back to your MOC whenever you want. :grin:

Anyway, here goes:

This first picture is, well, pretty self-explanatory I guess. It's the main floor of the building, the only one that I've built thus far. I wanted to try something new with the walls and I had used the overlapping 2 x 2 Round Plates many times for roofing, but I thought it would be interesting to try as the wall itself.

free_build_floor.jpg

Here's the Kitchen:

kitchen_render.jpg

Living Room:

living_room_render.jpg

Bedrooms from different angles:

bedrooms_render.jpg

kids_render.jpg

bedroom_render.jpg

Finally the complete build with a slapped together roof: :tongue:

free_build_complete.jpg

I had a fun time working on all the furniture, but may have taken a bit too long with it. :sceptic:

Anyway, here is the is the SR 3D Builder file, which is also available in the corresponding topic in the LDraw forum. Hope you enjoy this build.

I took care to try to make the MOC fully buildable with real LEGO pieces. I checked on Bricklink for them. Some are not very common though and I may have accidentally included one or two parts that weren't, but overall it should be buildable. :classic:

By the way, in case you haven't, do check out the contest entries in the LDraw forum, some are really, really good. :thumbup:

Edited by Palathadric

That's very nice, but this is 5 days late- it won't count. It's also not in LDD.

His house is in the voting and the contest said entries can be LDD and LDraw.

Anyways, Fantastic house! I wish I could've seen the glory of this before I voted. :cry_sad:

Good luck never the less! Happy Easter also! :classic:

His house is in the voting and the contest said entries can be LDD and LDraw.

Anyways, Fantastic house! I wish I could've seen the glory of this before I voted. :cry_sad:

Good luck never the less! Happy Easter also! :classic:

I just realized I remembered seeing it in there- and that looks like real bricks, at least to me.

I just realized I remembered seeing it in there- and that looks like real bricks, at least to me.

It's made with the LDraw-based SR 3D Builder programme, the file is downloadable in my first post.

The pictures were rendered with POV-Ray.

Most of them were posted in the original entry topic for the competition.

Happy Easter to you all too and thanks for your comments!