wooootles

MOC: The Cars of Wasabi District

Well done on recreating that rear spoiler - it's a very recognisable feature. All in all, you've managed to get the look so very right, I could tell it was a GT-One immediately :)

Thanks very much, all!

COOL ride 'wooootles'......what's next ? :wink:

Brick On Drive On 'wooootles' ! :grin:

I have two more Speed Champions 'challengers' in progress and a Friends 41091 mod. Stay tuned, all :classic:

Copy: These are both super cool! I'd love to see them with speed champions wheels.35.gif

Edited by ligooders

First off, my Octan One LMP Car is not street legal, but this one would be (in the loosest of terms):

1.) MOC: Toyota GT-One Road Car (03/02/15)

Toyota's entry in LeMans in the late 90's. This car is also one of the fastest and most expensive cars if you've played Sony's earlier Gran Turismo games.

It's kinda like an achievement when you finally get this car. (It didn't do so hot in the actual LeMans races, but hey, it looks cool)

:laugh_hard::rofl: That was a scam! Toyota actually got round luggage space requirements by claiming the fuel tank served as luggage space! This struck me as ironic, as my family bought a Toyota Previa in 1994 precisely because it offered more luggage space than any rival. The GT-One's short and somewhat disappointing Le Mans career might be put down to the adage 'cheaters never prosper!'

I actually have a working copy of Gran Turismo 2, and I have raced the GT-One road car. It can be tuned to an insanely high horsepower rating(over 970 hp in a game released in 2000). It's handling is very hard to master, particularly as it lacks some race car specific features.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't think a GT-One has ever actually been driven on the road!

Edited by Bornin1980something

:laugh_hard::rofl: That was a scam! Toyota actually got round luggage space requirements by claiming the fuel tank served as luggage space! This struck me as ironic, as my family bought a Toyota Previa in 1994 precisely because it offered more luggage space than any rival. The GT-One's short and somewhat disappointing Le Mans career might be put down to the adage 'cheaters never prosper!'

I actually have a working copy of Gran Turismo 2, and I have raced the GT-One road car. It can be tuned to an insanely high horsepower rating(over 970 hp in a game released in 2000). It's handling is very hard to master, particularly as it lacks some race car specific features.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't think a GT-One has ever actually been driven on the road!

Well the trend during that era is how far one can bend the rules---911GT1, CLK-GTR, R390 etc... They were all LMP cars masquerading as 'street legal' cars lol. I don't know if they ever took the real GT-One to the streets, but Wasabi District will definitely have one of the cars prancing around!

Wonderful! Mind if I just copy yours? This is so beautiful! :D Even better with the right colors!

I don't know if they ever took the real GT-One to the streets, but Wasabi District will definitely have one of the cars prancing around!

I believe both of the GT-One 'road cars' (there were only ever two!) went straight to museums in Germany and Japan, where they can still be seen.

The same cannot be said of our Previa. It succumbed to a scrappage scheme in 2010, having done over 170,000 miles.

Edited by Bornin1980something

Yes, your model of the GT-One is really highly recognizable :blush:

As far as I know there's only a single road version of the GT-One, which is located in the Toyota Motorsports Group museum in Cologne nowadays (registration plate K-LM 1998, you'll find a few pictures without the plate though). There has been a developmental/race version which was only involved in testing though. I have no idea whether it corresponds to this car http://cloudlakes.co...ota-gt-one.html (note, no headlights, no rear-view mirrors). And then there are five race versions (one of them took part in both the 1998 and 1999 24 hours of Le Mans race).

Edited by Oederland

note, no headlights, no rear-view mirrors

take a closer look the mirrors are there (they just happen to land on other objects of the same color (black))

Maybe there won't be much debate on how many of these things we'll see on the road (in real life)... But let me drop some 'Murica in here with my sig fig's car...

2.) MOC: 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (03/08/15)

16139781773_113c851810_z.jpg

My brick interpretation of the 2015 Corvette Z06 in its trademark yellow, with the Z07/aero package. This is the one American sports car that would give most kinds of European exotic a run for their money, for the fraction of the MSRP. Of course, being 6-wide, it's tough to get every detail correctly, but I think I got most of them down :classic:

16139780883_4400f0f158.jpg

16572156678_41d0fa1c9d.jpg

With the GT-One. They were built side-by-side for the most part.

16139785613_eeae5f8605.jpg

Aaaand of course, the LDD POV-Ray render. 99% accurate.

Link to the real thing

Guys and gals, let me know what you think! I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I have 2 more in the 6-wide car pipeline coming up!

Edited by wooootles

on the Vette, overall its a great looking representation of the new Vette, the vent below the mirrors is well done along with the main body work. the only things I would try and change are the roof line, one plate lower I think would put it better in line with the real car's profile. this however might push it to low to fit a figure upright inside, which I don't usually worry about, but I know others that do. the only other change would be to move the 2 1x2 curved plates back so that the 1x3 angled plates points are not hidden beneath. your current model makes the nose feel more Ferrari and a bit less Vette. Keep the cars coming! its motivating seeing all these great cars, and helps keep me building them as well!

take a closer look the mirrors are there (they just happen to land on other objects of the same color (black))

Yes, sorry :tongue: . However, the mirrors were installed asymmetrically on the race cars and the road car, with the left mirror placed above the tyre, in contrast to the test (?) car I had linked to. Which means wooootles' model is not absolutely perfect :wink: . The right mirror seems to be attached the same way on all the cars, it's located much more behind.

Concerning the Corvette, another nice creation :sweet: . The only detail I wonder right now, is there an option to have a smoother transition at the rear end of the large roof piece?

Edited by Oederland

Thanks all :classic: 6-wide chassis is still such a small canvas that compromises just have to be made while still maintaining the overall shape and look of the car.

the only things I would try and change are the roof line, one plate lower I think would put it better in line with the real car's profile. this however might push it to low to fit a figure upright inside, which I don't usually worry about, but I know others that do.

Yeah, count me in on the upright seating crew. I can actually sit it one more plate lower but it would be as low as my LMP2 Octan and GT-One, which is about as low as it can go with an upright seating position. I was a little OCD about the relative scale :laugh: Maybe if I do a C7.R to combat those official Italias and 911s.

The only detail I wonder right now, is there an option to have a smoother transition at the rear end of the large roof piece?

Not sure. I could have gotten a 4x6 wedge roof piece in yellow so the whole roof area was smooth, but I wanted to have an option of putting in a black (or "carbon fiber")/yellow top like the real Vettes.

Thanks for all the support here and in Flickr, guys, here's my 3rd MOC for this line.

2.) MOC: Audi R8 V10 (03/22/15)

16888852991_b1cc1dde85_z.jpg

My brick interpretation of Audi's everyday supercar. The car holds a special place in my heart since it's the only "supercar" I have actually driven (in a race track no less!)

I'll be honest and say I had a bit of problem smoothing out the rear window area. I'm happy at my design right now though.

16680315257_1f973b79a0.jpg

16680250017_dfa1d7cfd0.jpg

It's #3 for my cars here...

16888734951_2cfeddf216.jpg

And of course an LDD POV-Ray render is included!

Link to the real thing

Notes:

-There are also several Audi R8 MOCs in Flickr that inspired me. The actual car is a unique design and there are different takes on this model in 6-wide, some had smoothness, some had all-out accuracy in expense of minifig seating, some have 2 minifigs able to sit. This is just my take on the Audi.

-Yes, the 2nd-gen just bowed out this Geneva Auto show. Right now I still believe the 1st-gen will be the more iconic design, and if I have to interpret the 2nd-gen in bricks, it will largely be the same anyway, with the notable exception of a split "side blade."

-I was designing Front-engine supercars, and while interpreting them in brick I can't believe how close they look next to my Z06. Look at this. Doing my Z06 in 6-wide, the front of the other car would look largely similar in bricks! Stay tuned though.

Let me know what you guys think! I have 1 more WIP in bricks, then it's off to research what car to do next!

Edited by wooootles

Nice work on that Audi, I think though that is one car that could use the speed champs treatment (new larger wheels and fenders, though I also think the unified tire size is an important feature of city cars) still it's very well built! can't wait to see what you have in next.

Thanks, guys. I'm going to a LEGO store soon, hope they have some Speed Champs in stock because I ain't paying a TRU tax :angry:

I ain't paying a TRU tax :angry:

usually the first month of a set is still at rrp (so same as Lego Stores) after that they increase.

Heh, I could do a better job of updating.

Here's my next entry---my casual build that I planned was sidetracked for these. My version of a Rolls-Royce Phantom!

4-5.) MOC: Rolls-Royce Phantom (06/03/15)

18436669425_d4432145b5_z.jpg

With an extended wheelbase, this car is almost as long as my pickup truck MOCs (same wheelbase), but these things are basically limousines anyway... Since I plan to do a hotel MOC soon I believe it's only right to step away from the supercars for a bit and add cars like these.

18248850678_3840280b6c_n.jpg

18248849808_fba866e732_n.jpg

18250482889_ac00d4fa29.jpg

I haven't had time to do a LEGO LDD Render! I'll update it when I can :sweet: As usual, there are a few more images in the flickr folder so check it out. Thanks!

Edited by wooootles