Napoleon53

El Artesano: Greencoat Trade Ship

[pid][/pid] 129A

From the LEGO Pirate Chronicles, my story here that was frontpaged a while back. And by the way, I'm going to continue it! :pir-classic: Life got in the way, but I have time now. This is my triumphal return!

7085546963_262c9c50ed_z.jpg

Skip.png

Full Gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=501950

Look, guys, I know this may be stink compared to stuff you guys churn out in the period of a half-hour,but I only have 20k bricks, so I have to make sacrifices in design. I read and reread Greenhair's tutorial a thousand times making it. Helped beyond words. :thumbup: One thing I think you'll like is the hand-drawn sails and flags and painted the sea. :pirate:

One question: After you subscribe to a thread, where do you go to see new replies?

Nice ship! although you need to re-size your images

Your folder is not public yet, which means we can see only 2 pictures.

You need to resize your pictures (our max. allowed is 800X600 pixles) and deeplink them by clicking this button: picture.png and copy+paste the image link.

I've deeplinked one of your pictures now.

Nice ship! although you need to re-size your images

Thank you. :pir-sweet: This is my first ship with more than two midesections, so I appreciate it.

@You and Croissant: Woops, thought it autoresizes. Hmmm... Hold on just a sec... EDIT: Badda-bing, we're good to go! :pir-sweet:

@Croissant: Darn, I thought it would be public now. :pir-look:

Edited by Napoleon53

Well, like I said on Brickforge, I really like it, Napo! It reminds me of the trading ship that came with the Imperial Trading Post set in 1992. When my brother and I saw that small ship, we were extremely excited because we thought that LEGO was going to introduce a third faction to the pirates line, which would have been super awesome! :pir-sweet:

...Instead, they released the Islanders, which in retrospect, was one of the major factors of my brother and I going into our dark age (my first and his permanent one) about two years later...

Anyways, I like how you decided to expand upon the Imperial Trading Post teaser faction and flesh it out.

Well, like I said on Brickforge, I really like it, Napo! It reminds me of the trading ship that came with the Imperial Trading Post set in 1992. When my brother and I saw that small ship, we were extremely excited because we thought that LEGO was going to introduce a third faction to the pirates line, which would have been super awesome! :pir-sweet:

...Instead, they released the Islanders, which in retrospect, was one of the major factors of my brother and I going into our dark age (my first and his permanent one) about two years later...

Anyways, I like how you decided to expand upon the Imperial Trading Post teaser faction and flesh it out.

Thanks, Hikaro! (for those who don't know, me and Hikaro and I are good friends and co-authors on BrickForge.com)

I wonder if they ever did think about making it a faction, and then it didn't test well with young kids, so they introduced Islanders instead, kind of like how LEGO Europa became Pirates...

you have to work the sides so that they dont look so flat and borring, and you have to make it go smooth from the deck to the top of the cabin, but its nice that you made intinior

you have to work the sides so that they dont look so flat and borring, and you have to make it go smooth from the deck to the top of the cabin, but its nice that you made intinior

Thanks for the constructive criticism. :pir-sweet:

I know how to make them look better, but I have trouble making them look better with my pieces. Any tips are appreciated. Greenhair's tutorial enabled me to make realistically bowed sides, so I'm a fast learner. :pir-classic:

The interior was great fun! There is one place where you can lift out the deck and put prisoners and cargo in, but it is so difficult to do that I didn't bother for the pictures. :pir-tongue:

Edited by Napoleon53

A nice little vessel you have there! :thumbup: A bit too edgy for my taste, but the choice of colors is very appealing. Fairly close to the official sets in terms of design and size.

She's a good ship. In fact, it kind of reminds me of the ship in the new Pirates film by Aardman.

Wow, guys, thanks for the commentts! :pir-blush:

Great vessel. I like the greencoats. :pir-wink:

Danke! I don't know if I mentioned it before, but the decals are Hound Knight-made. Terrific work. :pir-sweet:

A nice little vessel you have there! :thumbup: A bit too edgy for my taste, but the choice of colors is very appealing. Fairly close to the official sets in terms of design and size.

Thanks, Perfectionist! :monkey: I have a huuggeee surplus of gold parts, and even with this I only used about a quarter of them, so I immediately thought about making a Galleon-type trade ship. Heck, Artesano means Tradesman. :pir-classic:

She's a good ship. In fact, it kind of reminds me of the ship in the new Pirates film by Aardman.

Thank you! I've been wanting to see that movie very badly. I haven't noticed the ship; I shall have to look it up.

Napoleon,

I was wondering if you had considered using the torso from the Series 6 Leprechaun for your greencoats... I've tried it for some certain special units' officers and it looked pretty good.... Just my $0.02

The sails and flag are hand-drawn ? that's some really good work, I want sails like that too :pir_bawling:

Very nice ship! Especially the back is beautiful :pir-cry_happy: . Only the front can use some more details, I think.