Sign in to follow this  
-zenn

Outlaw Trike

indexed.gif V-LV-25C

Well, what to say about this moc... It's for the monthly contest over at the lugnuts group on flickr. The challenge made me instantly think of Russel Mitchell's trike from the show 'biker build off'. So here it is. :laugh:

7148106795_13fb968202.jpg

7148104989_8db57afa61.jpg

Outlaw; a trike inspired by 'Exile Cycles'.

Features; stock TLG frame, 'brightshine' headlight, custom springer fork & suspension, oldschool 'airride' front tire on a oldschool rim, 'curve-slope' gastank, custom forward controls, belt drivechain, 'cape' seat, tucked oilcannister, 'connector' differential, dual dragstrip tires on custom double bolted rims, disc brakes, custom dual tailpipes + mufflers and 'X' taillight.

Flickr Gallery

Comments and critisiscm welcome.

Edited by Phred

I like this. The scale is obviously a bit off, but it's not like that's anything new with Lego models - and I'll give you major bonus points for making it actually fit a minifig! There are some lovely bikes and trikes around that are roughly minifig-size, but it's very rare that a minifig can actually sit on them. Well done :)

This is really cool. I have to disagree about the scale being off, as custom trikes can get pretty big, some bigger than a car. Can this or your other hot rods with custom wheels roll or do the parts grip the axles to tight? Keep these great models coming default_blink.gif

Sweet trike :thumbup: I like the cape usage on the back, the front wheel section is beautiful as well :classic:

@ L@go > Yeah, the seat should be half a stud back, and maybe the wheels could be slightly bigger. It was either putting a tank on, had alreaddy modded that 'tank' brick so it could hang over the frame. But I'd rather have a minifig. :laugh:

@ Lego Guy Bri > Most rods can't roll, the wheels would fall off. This trike can roll though, used minifig syringes for axles. :wink:

@ lightningtiger > Thanks, this trike was actually made be another company; Exile Cycles. :sweet:

trike3.jpg

@ soccerkid6 > Kewl, I had the use something that looked like a seat, so the choice was obvious. I like the outcome of the front, but I'm not happy with that tire. But not a lot of tires fit that wheel... :wacko:

Edited by -zenn

@ Lego Guy Bri > Most rods can't roll, the wheels would fall off. This trike can roll though, used minifig syringes for axles.

Thanks for clarifying, I figured they couldn't. That trike has some expensive axels though default_classic.gif

@ Lego Guy Bri > They're worth the money, I also use them for hoverbikes. ;)

Edited by -zenn

*Updated > Russel Mitchell, the tires and added a gastank. :laugh:

...and said goodbye to being able to fit the minifig...?

...and said goodbye to being able to fit the minifig...?

Haha, yeah; aestethic over function. :grin::tongue: He might be able to fit if his legs are seperated and connected to the exhaustpipes with those 'claw bars'.

Edited by -zenn