1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

My Padawans,

Yes, its time for another review (can you feel the excitment?): the glorious Trade Federation MTT, the biggest SW set of that new instalment (120�). At first, when we all heard that TLC was going to redesign the MTT, I was kind of pissed since that the first version was pure crap !! Fortunatly, TLC made a fantastic set, definitly one of the best looking PT set (and definitly the best ep1/2 set !!). So without further ado...review on. Enjoy !!

Before an in depth review of the set, lets have a look at both instruction manuals. The great news is the total absence of DSS yeayyyyy, that is so great !!

img_3506.jpg

1/MFs

One of the best �deals� regarding MFs: a whopping 20 droids � 16 regular, 2 pilots and 2 security (+ 20 short guns and 2 long guns) and an amazing Droideka !!

Nothing really new regarding the battle droids � except the new droid arm on every droid !! No need for too many pics on them so I�ll just show you the pilot and security + a close up of the new arm. Its really nice to notice that the whole body is blue (pilots) and dark red (security). It looks way better than small printings on a tan body.

img_3521.jpg

img_3525.jpg

That droideka is really a thing of beauty !! The design is so much better, its incredible, I mean just check the comparison pic. The old one looks so puny. The size is way better, the design is way slicker and it comprises great parts and colours.

img_3514.jpg

img_3515.jpg

img_3516.jpg

img_3518.jpg

img_3520.jpg

2/Overal pics of the beast

Compared to the crappy first version, this MTT is way rounder, slicker and bigger (sorry, I cannot post comparison pics before I hated the old MTT and dismantled the set). Now we need a redesigned AAT to go with it hehe (come on TLC, bring it on !!).

img_3530.jpg

img_3539.jpg

img_3540.jpg

img_3544.jpg

The beast is on weels (strait and non turning) instead of those upside down smooth round tiles.

img_3576.jpg

img_3581.jpg

The cool thing is all those opening doors do reveal details such as the cokpit (see �3) and all the extras (see %4).

3/Details of the beast

I shall start by the top of the MTT which reveals the cokpit and driver seat. Easy access through the sliding top and opening of both sidre doors. As you can see there is not much of a cokpit (like always *cough cough* !!) Don

Nice review i would get the set but first of all the price is to big & second im a clone fan but i must admit im tempted >:-)

Nice review! Thanks, *yoda*

*y*

So a non-StarWars fan is one of the first to comment on this >:-) :

Great MTT. It has a lot of features that make a good playability. I especially like the hovercraft and the gun rack. And 20 droids! 8-

This is one of the best reviews I have ever seen!

Man, this set is good. The beast looks good, but then there are all these droids, weapons, ...

TLC is learning what the fans want and they start providing it!

Wheehoow ! X-O

This set is amazing...I already knew I was gonna buy it, but now I can

Wow thats one fine set you got there mate :-) Its nice to finally get a vehicle that belongs to the Separatists, as much as i love all the republic vehicles it was starting to feel very one sided.

This sure looks like a beauty thats for sure *wub* i like the way tlc have made the cockpit very accessable with the roof and side entrance, its much better than the previous version....but thats aint hard X-D

Though the cockpit does scream 'Please moc me' :-D

Hey *yoda* whats the piece at the bottom of the destroyer droid thats conected to the legs? For the life of me i dont recognise it.

Hey Yoda... you said you have to remember to open the front door when turning the knob to extend the droid rack... to me it looks like there is a tow ball on the door and a curved top on the rack. I would guess that will guide the door open as the rack pushes against it. I think you need to try that out and see if that was actually what Lego intended!

3/Details of the beast

As you can see there is not much of a cokpit (like always *cough cough* !!) Don

A very beautiful sets with lots of goodies, great! *y*

It

Wow... thats an excellent review there. Can't wait for this to be officially release here in Singapore... :)

Great review and thanks for all the photos!

Looks like an amazing set with lots of great features. With all the minifigs, it looks to be well worth the money. I can't wait for it to be released here in the US.

man! this is awesome!

I can only imagine the old one will look so crap next to this one of the shelf!! *lol*

i guess this is big for hard core SW fans..

but for me this is a bit boring..

dont take me wrong i love SW but i personaly wouldnt buy a ship that appears so little in the film..

also i only got a few SW sets and they are mostly from classic star wars..

good review as always yoda!

cant wait for a new city review from you

*Sigh* I want this now, too (yes, I know that sounds cliche).

It definately looks way better than the original, and the droid rack is a nice addition. Does the rack push the door open as it moves, or do the doors have to be opened separately? Anyhow, this looks fantastic.

I may get this, but probably not for a while (mainly because of the price).

Wonderful review, I'm so jealous :'-( This is definitely one of the best sets put out by Lego! I love the return of those ball turrets *wub*

Could you maybe tell us how the door opening mechanism works? You turn a knob, and gears push the droid carriage through the door, or do the doors open on their own? I think the carriage pushes them open due to the slops on top, but I can't be sure

So a non-StarWars fan is one of the first to comment on this >:-) :

Correction non-trade federation fan but im just slightly more interested in city than SW

Could you maybe tell us how the door opening mechanism works? You turn a knob, and gears push the droid carriage through the door, or do the doors open on their own? I think the carriage pushes them open due to the slops on top, but I can't be sure

I also commented on this. It looks to me like there is a towball on the underside of the door as well as the curved top. My guess would be the towball gets pushed as the mechanism comes out and opens the door and lifts it over the droid rack.

Great Review *yoda*

Excellent set there

Probably one of the best I have seen in years

Love the new droids, Finally they actually have ''REAl'' Blasters to hold ;-)

Can't wait to get one or two, maybe three

The new droideka looks really nice

The comparison photo really shows how much better it is than the old one

(you wouldn't happen to have the Hoth set? :-D )
Unfortunatly no >:-( I should be on sale much later (like the SI and RC) !!

Hehe, Joking there *yoda*

Besides you never know about these things ;-)

Piranha