Sign in to follow this  
JKooL

MOC: Imperial Flagship Refit

thindexedgif.gif 76c

Hello Lego Pirate fans! Since this is my first post, I'd like to make a proper introduction by showing off my brand new Imperial Flagship redesign!

This is my first Pirate ship MOC (most of my creations are Space based). What I wanted to do was maintain the elegance of the Imperial Flagship and build upon some of the unfinished design of the original ship. Specifically, I wanted to expand the hull size (done so by adding the black slopes on each side of the middle section) as well as a cabin section.

I'm happy with the finished product, although it is nowhere near some of the beautiful ships I've found (and used for inspiration) on Classic-Pirates!

96jh5c.jpg

am2s7.jpg

2vvkp3c.jpg

Some of the features include a fully detailed interior, accessed by using the hinges that connect the cabin doors to the command deck (the deck pulls away revealing the cabin). In the front of the ship is a cargo hold / brig accessed by lifting a hinged plate.

Of course, some concessions had to be made in order to maximize deck space. The most noticeable thing is the lack of armaments, by reducing the ship to 1 cannon. This reduces the ship to a scout / runner class, which I think is more appropriate based on the size of the Imperial Flagship hull.

I kept the original masts / sails / rigging because I felt they needed no improvement!

Thanks for looking and for letting me share my creation with you all!

Brilliant MOC, nice techniques used for the sloped doors.

Overall, I really like this ship.

But what does that barrel of flowers there? :pir_laugh2:

I would appreciate a tutorial on those slanted doors.

The slanted doors were fairly easy to make, using some standard 1x2 hinge bricks.

I used 3 hinges on the bottom of the door facing toward the back of the ship. Then I attached the door framing and at the top I used 3 more hinges facing the opposite direction that attach to the bottom of the command deck.

Hope these pictures help!

2utkg3c.jpg

n31400416_32872564_7907.jpg

Edited by JKooL

This looks a whole lot better. I really like the doors being slanted. :thumbup:

The slanted doors are very cool!

I do agree, the slanted doors are very cool. Also, great job on your MOC.

LegoKing