Piranha

2012 Pirates?

Friends are the would-be Pirates in a Friends Pirate Month :pir-laugh:

Like this:

I love that.

You should make a new thread in the pirate MOC forum for this. It deserves more attention than just a post in here. :pir-cry_happy:

A Friends Pirate Month would be a great idea :pir-wub:

I could also see TLG making a Pirate Subtheme for Friends, as it seems kind of fitting,

considering girls like to roleplay. I also don't mind the Ninjago Idea as long as they don't give the Ninja silly pirate costumes :pir-hmpf:

Friends are the would-be Pirates in a Friends Pirate Month :pir-laugh:

Nice, that does work, I still didn't dare to buy a friends set, just too embarassing for a male grown-up :pir_laugh2:

Nice, that does work, I still didn't dare to buy a friends set, just too embarassing for a male grown-up :pir_laugh2:

Dude - they're for your daughter/niece (if anybody asks).

I always use the excuse, their for my daughter's birthday. The cashier always replays, she'll love it. :pir-laugh:

There really for me though, and the friends month does seem quite fun.

I can already think of a pink boat sailing the rough soaring seas. :pir-tongue:

I bought a ton "for my younger sister's birthday," and they're awesome! She still doesn't like me playing around with them and stealing the pieces, but what she doesn't know won't hurt her! :pir-laugh: I'm currently looking for a reason to buy "her" the tree-house set. Does anyone know of any sistersday type holidays in the US? :pir-grin:

There should be more friends-pirates mash up mocs!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

On the other thoughts part of this topic, do we even need this thread any more, its June, unless I missed something while my net was stuffed it appears obvious pirates of any kind is dead for this year.

On the other thoughts part of this topic, do we even need this thread any more, its June, unless I missed something while my net was stuffed it appears obvious pirates of any kind is dead for this year.

I see your point, but it has almost turned into a general pirate discussion topic. For now I don't think it is hurting anything, but I'll keep it in mind.

Well, it looks like we will indeed get at least one thing Pirate(s) related in 2012:

Thanks to member llb who shared this image in the Series 8 discussion.

cm_8_-_pirate.jpg

Well, it looks like we will indeed get at least one thing Pirate(s) related in 2012:

That pirate looks great! He even has an exclusive gold sword.

I never understood why all Pirate captains have an eye patch, a hook hand and a peg leg. If they're that careless, who would put them in charge of a ship?

I never understood why all Pirate captains have an eye patch, a hook hand and a peg leg. If they're that careless, who would put them in charge of a ship?

I've heard that there might have been a practical reason for the eye patch, not related to eye injuries: the eye behind the patch stayed adapted to dark, and when one descended below deck he could change the patch over the other eye without losing time/initiative getting accustomed to the darker environment. My brother tested this once and said it worked rather well. Ironically, this captain seems to lack an eye patch but possess the hook - and probably a peg leg too.

Simple answer.

Profiling.

TLG knows that kids will associate an eye patch with pirates. Also it's usually not carelessness, but battle wounds proving how tough and experienced the Captain is.

Also it's usually not carelessness, but battle wounds proving how tough and experienced the Captain is.

Just for the sake of curiosity: did you know that eyepatches were not the result of battles but instead the natural consequence of calculating the vessel's position by looking at the sun through a monocle or astrolabe? pirate_skel1.gif

Nice captain. The red coat and golden gutlass are amazing. Who knows the release date?

Btw:

brickipedia sais, that serie 8 does not only contain this sweet captain. In addition there is a Conquistador! So be warned pirates! The spanish soldiers return!

Edited by josykay

Hum... If there will be a Flying Dutchman, I will buy it without an hestiation, especially with a +2000 pieces set (which sounds like quality for me).

I'm still hoping a new Black Pearl, more detailed.

Back in 1972, Disney released a series of plastic models from MPC that were based on the 'original' Pirates of the Caribbean in Disney World. I always wanted to see a more 'adult' version of the theme done in LEGO bricks. Here is an example of one of the models I found on EBAY:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Disney-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-FATE-OF-THE-MUTINEERS-MPC-Model-Kit-SEALED-/130713137872?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6f1c32d0#ht_500wt_1292

Edited by BrickPicker

I'm still hoping a new Black Pearl, more detailed.

Being that this was literally the last set they produced, I can't see them re-making it anytime soon.

Didn't the license already expire? Which means they couldn't re-do it even if they wanted to.

I just hope it means they'll bring back non-licensed pirates. Hopefully new cool ships in the vein of Imperial Flagship, which I missed during my dark ages and is pricey now pir_bawling.gif

Romur goes for big black pirate ship next year, probably of PoTC line (5th movie is coming)

I read a a page on brickapedia, telling that they were to discontinue the POTC sets this year, which would mean hopefully another sailing themed line MIGHT come, though, most likely the POTC will be replaced by the hobbit coming this fall or winter, still there can be hope I always loved lego pirate sets, though most likely there won't be a new sailing themed series to come out for a while :pir_bawling:. Though don't get me wrong, it would be cool to see a trading company theme, or royal navy theme too.

By the way I got on the internet and found out that there might be pirates included in Ninjago, I don't like Ninjago, but it would be nice to see pirates.

All you have to type into the google bar is: lego 2013 pirates.

I too doubt there will be any more POTC set's coming out this year, because the license has ran out.

What is your source for that? I thought the license included the future films as well.

What is your source for that? I thought the license included the future films as well.

I have been seeing a website's that base themselves on lego say it a lot, like brickipedia, as captain merlot said. And although brickipedia isn't always trustworthy, I had guessed it was running out since most of the set's are on sale. But you're probably right; If a new POTC movie comes out, more set's will be released, Like with Harry Potter.

I have been seeing a website's that base themselves on lego say it a lot, like brickipedia, as captain merlot said. And although brickipedia isn't always trustworthy, I had guessed it was running out since most of the set's are on sale. But you're probably right; If a new POTC movie comes out, more set's will be released, Like with Harry Potter.

There is a difference between license running out and sets being discontinued for shizzle. We for sure won't be seeing any sets this year. New movies bring new opportunities, but I wouldn't count on seeing any soon. There was still more material to work with but LEGO didn't release any new sets. That suggest the sets didn't perform if you ask me.