The Mugbearer

[LDD] Lego Space Reloaded - M:Tron

Sup guys!

It's been a while since I've posted anything, so I decided to fix that.

Today I am going to treat you with what I believe to be the revamps to all small-to-middle M:Tron sets.

Let's start with a droid I made as an addition to my series of Space-thematic robot helpers.

21375695351_1ddc2350e0_c.jpg

M-Tron Service Bot by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

The service drones of M:Tron are created to serve on the huge space ships, and therefore their chassis are made to roll on the relatively flat surfaces of various cargo holds and hallways. Have no special tools, only their hands to assist them.

Next on the list is revamp of #1478 Mobile Satellite Uplink.

21436148642_05dc48a12b_c.jpg

M-Tron Mobile Satellite Uplink by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

As you can see, I have continued the idea of roller-ball chassis, and it was not long before I decided to make it the theme of all M-Tron vehicles. I know that in real life the friction won't allow those balls to actually roll, but one can dream, right? =) The main features of the set are traditional steering through joint in the middle, plus deployable satellite dish with two antennae, and tiltable chassis for better mobility.

Second in the line is 6833 Beacon Tracer.

20875279673_48220999d6_c.jpg

M-Tron Beacon Tracer by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

Nothing special on this one, except for making it some sort of "dune buggy" thing.

Next we have 6811 Pulsar Charger, first of the flying vehicles of the M:Tron.

20895025494_f5cc3d217d_c.jpg

M:Tron Pulsar Charger by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

As I decided that roller-balls would be the main feature of small M-Tron land vehicles, I decided that propelling rings would be the theme for their flyers. Other than than, really nothing special about this set. As usual, I decided to keep as much trans-green bits, as possible.

And since we've started with the flyers, why not show the 6877 Vector Detector

21515737682_f38c559fa4_c.jpg

M-Tron Vector Detector by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

I guess this one can count as the least look-alike since I took liberty of adding four propelling rings, and overall shape of the hull is different. The MOC still has a container box attached on the bottom.

And last, but not least, we have the second biggest vehicle in all the line, 6896 Celestial Forager!

21542924852_0e8cbd770e_c.jpg

M-Tron Celestial Forager by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

As you can see, the original functions are saved, sans the magnets.

Okay, that's about it! Please, leave your feedback, I would gladly appreciate it!

Edited by Crash Sanders

I love M:Tron. I think the Celestial Forager is the most apparent to be M:Tron. The rest are a neat idea, but I guess that is where the word reloaded/revamped comes in.

I like what you did with the front of the vehicles though to emulate the weird dragon head shaped piece. I may have to borrow that if I ever do a reloaded version of M:Tron which I have considered before, but it keeps getting pushed back on the list for other projects.

Keep up the good work! I'd like to see more.

I love M:Tron. I think the Celestial Forager is the most apparent to be M:Tron. The rest are a neat idea, but I guess that is where the word reloaded/revamped comes in.

I like what you did with the front of the vehicles though to emulate the weird dragon head shaped piece. I may have to borrow that if I ever do a reloaded version of M:Tron which I have considered before, but it keeps getting pushed back on the list for other projects.

Keep up the good work! I'd like to see more.

Thank you for your feedback, good friend! You can find more of my works on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cyborgs_workshop/albums

If you are looking specifically for more redesigns of Space themes/sets, here's the album I keep them in: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cyborgs_workshop/albums/72157633310800069

Just looked...you have way with bots for sure! I really like those, especially the Space Police bot. I also like that Ice Planet sled. Too bad some of those pieces didn't come in those colors in real life (I'm looking at the 1x2 metallic silver piece that you switched to white). I think there could be some neat textures with that.

Just looked...you have way with bots for sure! I really like those, especially the Space Police bot. I also like that Ice Planet sled. Too bad some of those pieces didn't come in those colors in real life (I'm looking at the 1x2 metallic silver piece that you switched to white). I think there could be some neat textures with that.

Could you be more specific on which piece you refer to? Since I work in Extended Mode, all my bricks are red by default. Is it the ingot piece?