Sign in to follow this  
Globemaster

Custom Pirate Ship Project

hey all, I've been lurking this forum for awhile but never bothered to actually register or post anything but just want to say this forum has helped me a lot!

Anyways, here is my current pirate ship project. I've been working on it for about a week-ish now and i'm hoping to complete it by the end of next week.

This ship is mainly based on the HMS Victory and HMS Windsor Castle/Duke of Wellington

I don't want to give out too much yet but heres what the ship looked like 3 days ago:

Its changed a lot since this picture was taken.

DSC00884.jpg

thanks for viewing!

Edited by Globemaster

I'm impressed! Really, that is one hell of a ship you are building.

The size and dimensions seem to be all right and I love the colors.

Keeps us posted on your progress!

Welcome at Eurobricks!

Anyways, here is my current pirate ship project. I've been working on it for about a week-ish now and i'm hoping to complete it by the end of next week.

I don't want to give out too much yet but heres what the ship looked like 3 days ago:

Its taken you only a week to get that far! :pir-oh:

That's impressive to get a ship like this done in 2 weeks. :thumbup:

I hope you had time to sleep and eat between building. :pir-laugh:

Wow i like it, the colors work pretty well and the shape of the ship is very well captured! :thumbup:

Looking forward to the finished result of this beauty.

Welcome to eurobricks!

Nice work indeed! The back of the ship is quite impressive and as has been said there's a good choice of the colors. I'll keep watching your progress! :pir-wink:

Welcome to eurobricks! :jollyroger:

That´s a very huge and interesting project for sure. Most impressive.... :thumbup:

One week and you have this ship so far done, I'm impressed!

I've been working on my much smaller ships for months already. :blush:

You picked an interesting colour scheme, haven't seen it before.

I'm eager to see new pics!

And welcome to Eurobricks. :jollyroger:

Holy Something!

How many Cannons will it have?

hey guys, the ship's exterior is almost all complete. working on the interior right now and thats taking awhile as i'm slowly running out of pieces (too bad lego isn't self regenerating :pir-tongue: ) i have 40 of the standard lego guns and i built a bunch of MOC guns so the current gun count is around 90-100. The finished model will boast a crew of 250. the colour scheme was based on the armada flag ship set (they were also the colours i had the most of to start with haha.) Theres still a lot left to be done though (rigging, sails...etc.) thanks for the comments!

Great work. Not the ideal colour scheme but we all know what it's like when we have a shortage of bricks. Thankyou for sharing this with us. And making a 1st rater in 2 weeks! Man! that's crazy. Good job! Ah but do you have enough cannons to fit the gun ports....

I look foward to seing the finnished model.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Reminds me of my Favourite Ship

The HMS Unicorn:

The_Unicorn_(fictional_vessel).jpg

You know, the colour scheme is starting to grow on me. Navy blue and yellow would look better but hey! Keep up the good work. Keep posting pictures too!

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

hey guys, haven't updated for awhile. I guess I didn't quite finish in the two weeks time but its almost done (sails, rigging, minor details etc... left) if anyone have suggestions for sails and rigging PLEASE let me know, thanks! i'm also planning on working on a display stand of some sort. if you look at the ship, i've constructed the orlop deck (very bottom deck) as well, which is usually underwater so i plan on constructing some sort of translucent underwater stand of some sort...sometime...

DSC00888.jpg

My ship vs BSB

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

Admiral's quarters and dining room

DSC00895.jpg

Reminds me of my Favourite Ship

The HMS Unicorn:

Scratch the HMS ;-). She's French in the comic book,

wonderful vessel. Though I feel the masts are too short given the enormous size. The cabin is nicely decorated though. The overall look reminds me of the French Valmy, the biggest sailing ship ever made.

Borda_auguste_mayer_1867-reduc.jpg

Wow, really great work! Are my eyes deceiving me or did you make the hull with lots of ordinary pieces? I always ask myself how to make MOCs look great with ordinary pieces, but your creation does look great! Nice colour combination too! High time for the soldiers to chase some mean pirates with this beauty of the oceans! The pirates will be rooted to the spot when they see how big it is!

LOOKS GREAT!!!!

I got a question though. I'm working on a large pirate ship myself; larger than the BSB, but not big enough to defeat your gargantuan! The problem I am facing is how did you do the masts? I've seen the round 4x4s stacked on another ship, and it looks like you used brick built columns? I've got plenty of LEGO mast pieces, but I fear they are gonna look way too thin in relation to the ship. Just lookin for some input, thanks.

The stern of the ship is wonderful. So colorful and full of detail.

Also the inside of the cabin (with the piano and all kind of other small details) looks extremely good.

If you continue like this, I can predict what we'll see on the headlines of http://www.classic-pirates.com in the future.

I guess I didn't quite finish in the two weeks time but its almost done (sails, rigging, minor details etc... left) if anyone have suggestions for sails and rigging PLEASE let me know, thanks!

You can have a look at Evil Willy's sail tutorial. Our resident expert on rigging and sails is Captain Green Hair. He even made some manuals. Where is the good Captain when you need him? :pir-laugh:

This ship (Behemoth) is just stunning. It's sheer size, coloration, decoration and detail are all impressive. The cabin details are really nice especially the piano. I can't wait to see the final product of this top notch vessal.