Vader

New City Set Pics for 2008

EDIT: However, looking back, the forklift, IF it's a set, seems pretty cool..

I believe it comes with the truck... :-)

Here are a few new pics:

7733-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7734-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

7734-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

7732-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

7743-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7731-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

5611-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

5610-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

5610-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

5612-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7732-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

5613-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7733-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

7734-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

7732-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

7732-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

7733-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

7731-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

5612-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

7741-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

7734-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

At least, I think they are new, it seems several of the pictures I posted before were not new at all.

Edited by Lord Of Pies

At least, I think they are new, it seems several of the pictures I posted before were not new at all.
there are a few in there i don't recall seeing before, for sure.

this pics make this sets look very clean (the preliminaries looked sloppy, unfinished stickers and pieces not snapped together correctly), so i find myself liking them a little bit more than i had originally. still no where near as nice as what was released in 2007.

mostly im disappointed by the lack of new torsos, especially in the impulse line. the only way that series is going to work is if there is a reason to buy them... duplicate common figures is not a good enough reason for me.

i think i'll add the cargo truck / forklift to my collection *sweet*

- BM

Thanks for the pics once again Lord of pies! That forklift is looking better by the second!

*sweet*

duplicate common figures is not a good enough reason for me.

i think i'll add the cargo truck / forklift to my collection *sweet*

- BM

Well, duplicate figures save having to name *EACH* and *EVERY* citizen, so a few generic dudes here and there may be useful.

I'm really digging the Cargo truck with the forklift...looks like a great set and a definent want for me. The police Station looks phenomenal, but I may not be able to get it due to size/space...although it's very tempting

Well, duplicate figures save having to name *EACH* and *EVERY* citizen, so a few generic dudes here and there may be useful.
don't get me wrong i like generic fig in the city theme. what i don't like is that LEGO uses the same torso for different occupations - the medium blue mechanic shirt is also the dock worker torso, and the construction worker jacket is also the sanitation worker torso. i would think each occupation deserves its own design.

one of my favorite torsos is this guy's...

cty015.gif

it's a slight spin on the standard construction worker torso, but it adds a lot of depth. i would like to see this variation in the minifig packs - then i could see a purpose for them.

- BM

don't get me wrong i like generic fig in the city theme. what i don't like is that LEGO uses the same torso for different occupations - the medium blue mechanic shirt is also the dock worker torso, and the construction worker jacket is also the sanitation worker torso. i would think each occupation deserves its own design.

one of my favorite torsos is this guy's...

it's a slight spin on the standard construction worker torso, but it adds a lot of depth. i would like to see this variation in the minifig packs - then i could see a purpose for them.

- BM

Depth emotionally or physically? I'm actually asking that seriously. Do you mean he's the foreman, because he has a construction jacket on over a shirt and tie or do you mean his eyes are gentle and a little sad?

ya, because he is wearing a tie, he's obviously a foreman or someone more than just your average grunt worker. having a character like this adds a lot of potential for scene building via visual cues.

and although it wasn't my original point, those eyes are gental and sad, i like that face too :-D

- BM

I do not believe that the prices of the new CITY sets has been posted so here we go (I apologize if they have, I performed a search and nothing came up)

These are taken from www.spielsteine.eu:

Post van 7731 6,49 EUR

Post plane 7732 9,99 EUR

Police helicopter 7741 12,99 EUR

Cargo Lorry 7733 24,99 EUR

Police Lorry 7743 39,99 EUR

Cargo plane 7734 49,99 EUR

LEGO CITY Transport Display 4525507 497,67 EUR

I have only posted prices of sets not thought to be released yet.

Tks LoP for these sweet new pics !!

I was not going to buy that cargo truck but with these sweet pics I will reconsider !! I love that small elevating truck ;-)

*yoda*

I got the Australian Prices

Summer House will be available in Jan 4996 RRP of $49.99

Late Jan

Tks LoP for these sweet new pics !!

I was not going to buy that cargo truck but with these sweet pics I will reconsider !! I love that small elevating truck ;-)

*yoda*

Your welcome. ;-)

I also did not like the cargo lorry at first either, but having seen the new pics, I am also more convinced, I just hope the price is reasonable for England! :-/

Well, with all those new pics, I have the confirmation on which sets I will buy, or I will not! I don't want the police line, exept the helicopter (just for the new handcuff). I have considered to buy the police station just for the garage doors, but it seems very expensive just for them...

I will just buy the post sets and the cargo truck.

Just hope that the coast gards will be better...

I'm getting the police stuff because my city is in Dire need of emergency services (2 firemen is far from sufficient.)

And i'm considering the construction pack. That steamroller looks Prooty hot.

My Fire Department in my city is finished but my police need marked cars i have like 2 cars ready to have blue stickers put on them,i cant wait till 2008 also those coast guard sets sound cool

and although it wasn't my original point, those eyes are gental and sad, i like that face too :-D

That is one of my favourite heads! *wub*

I got the Australian Prices

Thanks very much. *sweet* Sorry for missing it and thanks for showing me the way to the divine pricelist. :-$

Thanks very much. *sweet* Sorry for missing it and thanks for showing me the way to the divine pricelist. :-$

LOL no problem :-) .I cant wait for the coast guard pics!!! *y*

I cant wait till next years Police Sets i updated my NYPD STYLE POLICE CAR *wub*

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=12649

(You have to scroll down to the bottom)

Pappa20507422.jpg

Edited by Darth_Legois_619

Wow! Thanks a lot Steff!

the tow truck and boat look very good, and they don't look <insert that tiresome argument> at all! The orc/troll impulse set is a must buy, it even comes with a rat. The MM one doesn't bother me, but I do like the kyak, it is a good source of those helmets!