It's not really any surprise that Randy and Poppy are up and about in the middle of the night once again. They know there will be bodies to chuck out of the back door, in addition to the bloody mess that was Zachary, so they set to work.
It's also probably no surprise to discover that other people in the station are up and about too. Amelia has wandered into the cafeteria.
"What the hell did I come in here for?" she wonders to herself in her wandering "Was it for potatoes? I honestly can't remember.." she keeps muttering to herself as she wanders, not noticing the dark figure behind her.
She's about to give up and go back to bed when she turns around....
...and ends up chopped to pieces instead.
"Bahahahaha!" is the refrain issued by the dark figure as it scampers off into the night.
Later that night, Mark has difficulty sleeping, what with the constant threat to his life and people dying and whatnot. He needs something to help him sleep, and unlike Amelia knows exactly what it is and where to find it. He sneaks to his desk while no-one is looking and unlocks his secret drawer to retrieve his favourite sleeping aid.
"My bwankie, there you are!" Mark cries, throwing his arms around it and farting a little. If only it were some sort of reflective bwankie, so he could see the face behind him, or perhaps more importantly, the weapon.
It's over in moments; Mark's head rolls away and the figure once more disappears into the darkness, laughing.
Once more the bodies are piled high out the back of the station, ready for collection.
The following morning the remaining inhabitants gather once more, eager to hear the news about their suspicions the previous day.
Randy's already taken the call, and has whispered the results to Poppy, who makes the announcement this time. All eyes turn, expectantly.
"So we have the results back, and it seems you managed to fight back yesterday. Good work, Zachary was indeed a member of the Kirksville Mafia"
There are whoops and cheers as the inhabitants celebrate catching their first scummo, but Poppy has more news.
"Mark was killed last night, and unfortunately he was a loyal Townie."
Some boos from the crowd, the occasional sob and a few silent celebrations.
"And Amelia was also killed last night, but it transpires she was also a scummy member of the Mafia."
More cheers, and this time a few silent boos.
"Good work, all of you, but you still have your work cut out for you." says Randy "Remember you will need to discuss your theories, raise your suspicions and analyse patterns to be successful."
And with that, the crowd disperses to discuss the situation at hand.
A few minutes later there is a knock at the door of Poppy's office and Henrietta walks in.
"Uhm, this is a Police Station, right? And we're supposed to be finding some sort of bad guys?" asks Henrietta
"Yes, and indeed yes" replies Randy, wondering where this is going
"Well, you all seem to think I'm an undercover cop, but I'm not, I'm just a bored housewife who got tired of sitting at home with the cats all day after the divorce, and I'm not actually a cop at all" continues Henrietta
"Riiiiiight..." says Randy, wondering what the hell is going on
"So, well, I think I should go home, because I think I left the oven on" finishes Henrietta
"Wha" starts Randy before a loud bang stops him in his tracks
"Enough of this shit." says Poppy "Seriously."
"Nice shot, Poppy" Randy says appreciatively, noting Henrietta's head has been blown clean off
"Thanks sweetie, I think it's important that people understand not to fuck around with the hosts" replies Poppy, smiling sweetly
- Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Mafia. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town. Third-Party (neutral) characters, if any, have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
- Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
- A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will usually last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
- The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
- You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Also, you may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
- Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
- If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
- You may not edit your posts.
- You must post in every day thread.
- If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts via PM.
- Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.
All players have been sent a Role PM in the following format:
Welcome to Police Infiltration: A Mafia School Game. Information about your character and role can be found below. Please use only this PM to communicate with us about the game. No other form of communication will be acknowledged. To start off, set your avatar to the picture below (or put it in your signature), put your character’s name in your signature (don’t reveal your affiliation or role!), and confirm your participation in this thread.
Good luck and have fun!
Pandora and Rick
<Character name>, <Character description>
<The extended character description that can also be found in the Confirmation and Discussion Thread goes here.>
You are a member of the Town and are a Vanilla Townie. You have no night action. You will need to use your skills in deduction and analysis, and your wits to combat the Mafia, but don’t forget that your vote is the most powerful weapon you have.
You are a member of the Town and are the <Night Action>. You can target one player each night and <...>. Your result will be ‘Successful’ when you succeed at <...>. Your result will be ‘Unsuccessful’ when you fail at <...>.
You are a member of the Mafia and are a Goon.
You are a member of the Mafia and are the <Night Action>. You can target one player each night and <...>. Your result will be ‘Successful’ when you succeed at <...>. Your result will be ‘Unsuccessful’ when you fail at <...>.
Your Win Condition
You win when the Mafia is eliminated.
You win when the Mafia outnumbers the Town.
Poppy, Chief Inspector and new Chief of Police, played by Pandora
Randy, Special Agent of the KIA, played by Rick
Adam, Motorcycle Cop, played by badboytje88
Christine, Coffee Lady, played by konze
Ian, Lawyer, played by TazManiac
Isaac, Janitor, played by TrumpetKing67
Jared, Beat Cop, played by Ferrik
Kendra, Beat Cop, played by Stormblessed
Phil, Detective, played by Scorpiox
Phyllis, Beat Cop, played by Superficial Username
Samantha, Local 'Masseuse', played by DarthPotato
Jean, Local Bum, played by Endgame, Town, Lynched on Day 1
Gary, Bomb Disposal Officer, played by Adam, Town, Decapitated on Night 1
Andrea, Secretary to the Chief of Police, played by PsyKater, Town, Chopped to pieces on Night 1
Zachary, Forensic Officer, played by zakura, Mafia, Lynched on Day 2
Amelia, Desk Sergeant, played by TheBoyWonder, Mafia, Chopped to pieces on Night 2
Mark, Team Leader Vice Squad, played by JaseTJ, Town, Decapitated on Night 2
Henrietta, Undercover Cop, played by Masked Builder, affiliation will be revealed on Day 4, Shot (mod-killed) on Day 3