Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

Brickshelf find: Pirates Land

Anybody seen this already?

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Oh, how I wish I had a house with enough room for stuff like that - then again, that's always the case with exhibition displays, isn't it... ;)

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Oh, how I wish I had a house with enough room for stuff like that - then again, that's always the case with exhibition displays, isn't it... ;)

I wonder if that is any relation to the Pirate World display at Lego world 2(?) years back which featured every pirate set made with similar terrain connecting them.

I know what you mean about the room. I can't walk in mine now because of my current 'project'.

God Bless,

Nathan

Yeah! it's great. Love the detail with the feasting sharks - lol :oD

KimT

Errr, no!!! It looks fantastic though

Why are all these Pirate MOCs going in the Your Own Creation Forum? If they were in the LEGO Pirates (& Castle) Forum they'd get at least 20 responses...

Why are all these Pirate MOCs going in the Your Own Creation Forum?  If they were in the LEGO Pirates (& Castle) Forum they'd get at least 20 responses...

I just thought brickshelf finds are easier to find when they're all in one forum. I'll put them in the corresponding theme forum next time.

I'm not sure what's going on... The majority of pirate MOCs have been going into the LEGO Pirates (& castle) Forum so it seemed appropriate the all others went in there as well. From my understanding MOCs that couldn't get categorised went into the My Own Creaton Forum . But just to be sure I'm asking for clarification.

I'm not sure they were easier to find though. The Pirate MOCs in the LEGO Pirates (& castle) Forum have been getting over 20 responses these days. The Pirate MOCs in the My Own Creaton Forum don't seem to have shared the same success.

From my understanding MOCs that couldn't get categorised went into the My Own Creaton Forum .  But just to be sure I'm asking for clarification.

That's fair enough for me. Just haven't read/been told that before. It's no big deal anyways...

Nope its no big deal. I was just missing your presence in the Pirate (& Castle) Forum. I thought Hobbes had depearted!

Now that does sound interesting! I've never tried to putting a LEGO creation in a real surrounds before, but I have attempted to put them in CGI surrounds. Have you seen the Fort Beckman Thread? Several posts down that is my first ever attempt.

Have you seen the Fort Beckman Thread?  Several posts down that is my first ever attempt.

Haven't seen it but that's about what I'd like to try. Dunno if it'll look that good, though, since I'm an absolute amateur with graphics tools...

It takes pratice Hobbes! That was my first attempt at inserting a 2D image in a 3D environment within Bryce. It turned out ok. If I could be bothered revising it I probably could do a stunning job - and you can do the same if you pratice.

As for the MOC in this thread, where did you find it? Just stumbled across it on BrickShelf?

It takes pratice Hobbes!  That was my first attempt at inserting a 2D image in a 3D environment within Bryce.  It turned out ok.  If I could be bothered revising it  I probably could do a stunning job - and you can do the same if you pratice.

Practice is ok if you have time ;)

As for the MOC in this thread, where did you find it?  Just stumbled across it on BrickShelf?

Yes, it was on the front page in the "recent folders". Saw it during one of my (57) daily visits there...

I like it in a way but dislike it in another. It is big and nice to look at. But at the same time it is very bland. All the rocks are in squarish shapes. The fort on the ramp baseplate looks so out of place as it is green and everything around it is gray. Of course the ships and figures are cool but the building is built in a very speedy stlye. Burps don't require much time or effort to make huge mountians if you have enough of them.

I prefer something a little more varied. Look here at My shoreline. This was very rushed as I had about 8 hour total to build, setup the battle and take it all down. It is much more varied and more natural looking to me.

Take a look at this builders style. Takeshi Itou Somewhat more like the pirate display but better in a number of ways. More natural formations, some plant life or snow make all the difference.

Suvie Duvie, you have a point here! You've got me looking at this MOC from a whole new perspective and I agree it would benefit from geological and floral variations. But what if they didn't have enough pieces left? :-D

I wonder if that is any relation to the Pirate World display at Lego world 2(?) years back which featured every pirate set made with similar terrain connecting them.

Any pictures of this???

And wow! That thing is amazing! But Takeshi Itou... in Suvie D's post... those... those... masterpieces... are incredible... is this Takeshi a demi-god? He takes terrain and MOC's in general to a whole new level with lego... thats amazing. Does he have all these sets made or does he break them down to make each new one?

I'm not sure what's going on... The majority of pirate MOCs have been going into the LEGO Pirates (& castle) Forum so it seemed appropriate the all others went in there as well. From my understanding MOCs that couldn't get categorised went into the My Own Creaton Forum . But just to be sure I'm asking for clarification.

I'm not sure they were easier to find though. The Pirate MOCs in the LEGO Pirates (& castle) Forum have been getting over 20 responses these days. The Pirate MOCs in the My Own Creaton Forum don't seem to have shared the same success.

I was wondering that as well... I think I'll start posting my castle MOCs here and maybe a link post in the MOC forum...

God Bless,

Nathan

Yes Mr Norro, post it in here where caring users will look and respond. Oh it will be glorious. So Mr Norro, what do you think of Hobbes' BrickShelf find? Its magnificent isn't it, except the builder could have put more variation into his terrain like in the examples Suvie Duvie has provided.

And wow! That thing is amazing! But Takeshi Itou... in Suvie D's post... those... those... masterpieces... are incredible... is this Takeshi a demi-god? He takes terrain and MOC's in general to a whole new level with lego... thats amazing. Does he have all these sets made or does he break them down to make each new one?

Some people do think he is some sort of higher being. I think he just like to build with thought and detail. I have heard he only builds, takes pictures and demolishes. That way he has enough peices to move onto the next project.

He is one of my inspirational builders.

As far as details, it is possible that they either had no more time, money or parts to do more. There is $5000 plus in parts sitting on that table. Even at a good price there must be $2000 in just the BURPs. So I understand why it may not be more detailed. Another $50 in flowers would have gone a long way though.

Hmmm... the bland look might also come from the background. The people and especially those houses, althoug great MOCs, no doubt, just don't fit...

I see a rocky bay with a fort on top, so I guess there wouldn't be much flora in real life, either. Some (many) palm trees would have been nice, though. Pirates and palm trees just go hand-in-hand for me ;)

i think it's possible that a small group of pirate fans built this moc together especially for this event, whatever event it may be...