Pandora

2012 Friends Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Friends Discussion Thread

This is the home of all the discussion pertaining to Friends sets on EB. We will endeavour to keep this first post as up-to-date as possible with new set pictures as and when they are released.

To view the many Friends set reviews, please see the Friends set index here.

Friends 2012 Spring Wave

Thanks to GRogall (click pictures for higher resolution)

3061 City Park Café

a_3061_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3061_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3061_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3061_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3065 Olivia’s Tree House

a_3065_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3065_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3065_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3065_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3183 Stephanie’s Cool Convertible

a_3183_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3183_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3183_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3183_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3187 Butterfly Beauty Shop

a_3187_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3187_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3187_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3187_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3188 Heartlake Vet

a_3188_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3188_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3188_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3188_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3315 Olivia’s House

a_3315_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3315_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3315_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3315_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3930 Stephanie’s Outdoor Bakery

a_3930_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3930_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3930_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3930_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3931 Emma’s Splash Pool

a_3931_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3931_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3931_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3931_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3932 Andrea’s Stage

a_3932_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3932_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3932_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3932_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3933 Olivia’s Invention Workshop

a_3933_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3933_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3933_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3933_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3934 Mia’s Puppy House

a_3934_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3934_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3934_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3934_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3935 Stephanie’s Pet Patrol

a_3935_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3935_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3935_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3935_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3936 Emma’s Fashion Design Studio

a_3936_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3936_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3936_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3936_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3942 Heartlake Dog Show

a_3942_box_front.jpg_thumb.jpg b_3942_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3942_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3942_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

Friends 2012 Summer Wave

Thanks to GRogall (click pictures for higher resolution)

3063 Flightschool with Seaplane

b_3063_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3063_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3063_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg e_3063_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3184 Adventure RV

b_3184_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3184_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3184_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg e_3184_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3185 Summer Riding Camp

b_3185_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3185_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3185_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg e_3185_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3186 SUV with Horse Trailer

b_3186_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3186_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3186_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg e_3186_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3189 Heartlake Stables

b_3189_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3189_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3189_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg e_3189_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3937 Olivia's Speedboat

b_3937_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3937_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3937_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg e_3937_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3938 Andrea's Rabbit Hutch

b_3938_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3938_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3938_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg e_3938_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

3939 Mia's Music Room

b_3939_box_side.jpg_thumb.jpg c_3939_detail_1.jpg_thumb.jpg d_3939_detail_2.jpg_thumb.jpg e_3939_detail_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

More pictures

Thanks to GRogall

3316 Friends Advent Calendar

b_3316_box_side_800.jpg_thumb.jpg

Thanks to LegoMyMamma

LEGO Friends Brickmaster Book

gallery_15845_214_29000.jpg

Well, as Lightningtiger confirmed over in the LEGO City 2011 discussion thread, LEGO in fact are making prototypes for a new LEGO City subtheme for girls. There's been rumours about a new Paradisa like theme floating around for a while now, but I think that this is the first solid evidence about it.

I'm pretty excited about it, as it'll most likely have a lot of female minifigures. If it's anything like Paradisa, it will also have an abundance of pink parts, animals and accessories. Hopefully this new theme will bring back the Dolphin mould, which hasn't made an appearance for years now.

I think that if a theme similar to Paradisa was introduced, it would make a nice change to the usual City sets (police, firemen, etc...), and focus more on citizens and leisure. I think if you have a city, these would make it more realistic. I mean, we don't really need any more fire or police stations for a while, but we don't actually have any cafes, restaurants or shops at the moment.

So please post any information and discuss this possibly new theme here!

Okay, now slow down....we don't know if it's city themed or not, no idea what it is, even my sometimes can speak to Lego rep wouldn't even know....he was and still is on holidays when the prototypes were shown to other reps. I guess no harm in guessing, but the only thing that is known a girl theme for 2012....but Lego has in the past done prototyping and pulled the pin on it. Remember the 1930's theme for classic town in the 80's - most of us have seen those images and that town set that never was from the mid 90's and it only appeared in a UK dealers catalogue.

If this is really comming, why would it be talked about in Australia, not at the recent German and US toy fairs ?

I do believe the information is true, but what we really is the total truth from TLC, all we need is an offical yes or no from THEM.

Brick On ! :grin:

Okay, now slow down....we don't know if it's city themed or not, no idea what it is, even my sometimes can speak to Lego rep wouldn't even know....he was and still is on holidays when the prototypes were shown to other reps. I guess no harm in guessing, but the only thing that is known a girl theme for 2012....but Lego has in the past done prototyping and pulled the pin on it. Remember the 1930's theme for classic town in the 80's - most of us have seen those images and that town set that never was from the mid 90's and it only appeared in a UK dealers catalogue.

If this is really comming, why would it be talked about in Australia, not at the recent German and US toy fairs ?

I do believe the information is true, but what we really is the total truth from TLC, all we need is an offical yes or no from THEM.

Brick On ! :grin:

I suppose I shouldn't really be jumping to all these conclusions :blush: . After all, the only information I've heard is what you've heard from that LEGO rep. I just think it sounds like an interesting theme, but I probably shouldn't be making a new thread for something that's not even confirmed yet.

Anyway, I don't think this thread should be closed yet, just incase we do hear more about it, and that it does go ahead.

Well, to clear something up, I was told by a retailer on the talk he had with his rep over at the toy fair. But I will be checking with my other sources this week !

Keep on guessing ! :grin:

Maybe something we would all like to have.....

6500-1.jpg

The set that never was from 1996.....I might MOC build something similar for the train show ! :grin:

Keep on suggestion.....guessing.....hoping as well ! :wink:

Remember the 1930's theme for classic town in the 80's - most of us have seen those images

Sorry for going off-topic, but are there any pictures of that 1930's theme!?!

here are the pics 3767387140_748785d6b4.jpg

Amazing.....I would have bought all sets of that theme...It looks so amazing. And it is one of my favorite time periods in history! :thumbup:

Dude... those buildings are Exclusive quality, in the same tier as Town Plan and the Winter Toy Shop/Bakery mold! *oh2*

Put some modern 'adult' colors on those (sand green, tan, dark tan etc) and it wouldn't look like they were from the 80s!

well maybe it will be smth like a the new city house we had last year only more..pink!

Edited by phoinix

here are the pics 3767387140_748785d6b4.jpg

They should retry this idea - the cars look pretty sweet!

You had me excited for a moment that there was something set in stone, but apparently not so... :hmpf_bad:

I do like that 6500 Holiday Village that never was... :wub:

The only news is that Belville is being discontinued and this new product taking it's place...again what it is ?.....well, we'll have to wait and see.

Keep on waiting ! :wink:

Hmm, sounds like something potentially nice.

Whatever it is, if it goes ahead, I hope it has actual minifigures, not the Belville... things. :tongue:

Hi, if it is anything like the Paradisa sets it will have some nice/new parts and animal moulds, fingers crossed. I probably wouldn't buy the sets as I'm a guy and too much pink for me is not good but I'd buy new animal moulds and parts off bricklink.

One thing I'd like to see is the ice lolly moulds, the last time I saw some were in the Joker's Surprise set from Batman.

Plus new female minifigs would be nice, Lego City is turning into a sausage fest :sick:

uhmm i really like a set like "paradisa" again :)

Yeah Paradisa sets with normal colors! Also it could be devided to summer theme (for july relases) and the winter theme (for january relases).

And bring back a baby horse! :wub:

That's a great and very interesting topic, Gregorovich! :thumbup:

I think that the idea behind a new mainly girls oriented theme is very simple:

1. It gets girls introduced in Lego. So they later might buy sets of other themes, too.

2. If it was some sort of Paradisa theme, its sets could go very well with the regular City sets. So boys can expand their cities with the new Paradisa sets and girls can add some City sets to their new Paradisa layout.

I really, really hope that it'll be a remake of Paradisa - and not a fairytaile theme or something similar to that - since I'd be interested in some beach sets, too!

I could well imagine this new girls' theme (if it was like Paradisa) consisting of four til five sets in its first wave: horse stables, beach scenery (with cafe), weekend cottage and some small set(s) (like e. g. a horse transporter, a beach buggy, a camper, a small yacht etc.).

What do you think?

But I bet that this new girls' theme will firstly be released in summer 2012 - in spring 2012 I expect a new historical theme or adventure theme (replacing this year's Pharaoh's Quest) (I'd go either for Western, Romans or Greeks). If so, we won't get any detailed set news or pics before around Christmas.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Bonaparte

TLC has tried and tried to figure girls out (Bellville, Scala, Clikits, pink buckets), but just don't seem to able to do it.

Based on its longetivity, Bellville appears to have been the most successful. My daughter (now 14) had a TON of Bellville stuff when she was younger, and she loved it. I know it gets a bad rap around here, but I think it was pretty successful for what it was intended to do. The structures were simplistic, but in my anecdotal experience with my daughter, girls are a lot more interesting in PLAYING than in BUILDING. My daughter quickly got bored with building a new set, but she loved the role-playing aspects of it once it was built.

My son (10 years old) on the other hand, builds all kinds of crazy laser-gun-chainsaw-wielding robots, then never actually does anything with them. For him, the fun part is the building.

The biggest drawback to Bellville were the figures. In my opinion, they were too articulated, with too many joints. They ended up being sort of "floppy." It was impossible to get the damn things to stand up. I'm encouraged to hear that this rumored new theme will be mini-fig based.

Me and my sisther used to have this set:

6409-1.jpg

And some more little sets which I can't find (nor remember the number of the set). Loved it as much as my sis and I wonder where it is now...(?)

seems like a good idea. i inherited some old/pink parts from my 2 older sisters and have started passing down to my younger sister but no way she is going to get my monkey and parot. :devil:

Let's all hope for NOT a lot of pink, but a mixture of colours and ideas too.....maybe toss in a shopping mall, tennis court or nightclub...something girls would want but boys (small and big :laugh: ) would also want just as much.

Sorry to say, but all my main sources have been drained and no more information. :cry_sad:

Anyway, Brick On ! :grin: