JeKyll

LEGO Pirate Ships

Hello. It tooks me some time :pir-classic: but here is the pictures of all LEGO pirate ships(with exception of the rebranded Legend series).

I have more pictures of pairs of ship, front and back pictures too if anybody want to see. :pir-sweet:

p1000860.jpg

More pictures: All Pirate Ships

Enjoy! :pir-tongue:

Nice picture, but the file is HUGE. Any chance you could scale it down for us?

Done

Ahhhhh what a mighty fine ship collection you have JeKyll.

How long did it take you to accumulate all those ships?

Ahhhhh what a mighty fine ship collection you have JeKyll.

How long did it take you to accumulate all those ships?

Me and my brother we had many LEGO sets when we were kids and I kept them. This year, and last year I completed my collection and bought the missing pieces, they are complete with instruction (some with boxes).

You have done very well then.

I've got two of each ship each for the Skulls Eye Schooner and latest Imperial Flagship.

So including duplicates, how many ships you got all up?

You have done very well then.

I've got two of each ship each for the Skulls Eye Schooner and latest Imperial Flagship.

This is all I have... I don't want duplicate and neither MISB nor "Legend". I prefer buying different sets (including Castle) for the money.

I have most big pirate islands but I don't plan to build them soon.

Very Nice collection. which is the best/nicest in your opinion?

That's a mighty collection you have!

Are you planning to build some ships of your own? I also started collecting several of the official ships, but soon I started modifying them and later took them all apart for their pieces so I could make some MOC ships.

Oh wow, what a collection you have there :pir-cry_happy: I would pay anything to have those, keep a good care of them

Captain Becker

good question! :thumbup: which is the best/nicest in your opinion?

Edited by Brig. Brick

Very good question. When I was a kid I had the Black Seas Barracuda (BSB). My dream ship was the Skull Eye Schooner (SES) because I prefered sails with skull and I liked the rotationary cannons and the fact that there is 4 cannons on one side (biggest ship too), I also wished for the spaniard one because I like the minifigures.

After building them all, I realized that I prefer the BSB because of the architecture. The BSB has a really nice cabin. The cabin of the SES is not very good and I don't like the white doors. So I would say that the best "Classic" ship is the BSB (maybe because of nostalgia).

The best ship overall is the new Imprerial Flagship. But is is 14+ and very pricey, so I think it is a it unfair to compare this one to the other.

I have heard that is it 180$ in the US, here in Canada it is 230$ (even when 1$ USD is about 1$US CAN). :pir-angry:

This is my opinion, there is plenty of other threads for BSB vs SES :pir-tongue: .

Now what pirate fans need is a "pirate" version of the imperial flagship. I would like a big spaniard ship too :pir-sweet:

That's a mighty collection you have!

Are you planning to build some ships of your own? I also started collecting several of the official ships, but soon I started modifying them and later took them all apart for their pieces so I could make some MOC ships.

I don't think so, I have separated all my sets in different bags, I don't want to mix.

But maybe one day....

Something I would want to do is take a even bigger picture of the whole pirate line. My collection is not complete yet and I don't plan to do that in the near future.

It's a bother, I finally broke down and bought my duplicate SES when it reached a price I couldn't refuse on ebay a while ago...

Lovely display btw!

God Bless,

Nathan

May I be the first to say, WANT. I only have brickbeards bounty and the imperial flagship.

Barracuda and Skulls Eye Schooner are, and will always remain, the best!

Great collection you have there! :pir-devil: For a moment I wish I'd be a Lego pirate :pir_bawling::pir-tongue:

This is a awesome collection. I wish I had only one of those in my pirate ages. Anyway I know what I would do with all those ships if I had them. I'd build two huge ships ... one for the pirates and one for the admiralty. That would be some crazy seafight.

The best ship overall is the new Imprerial Flagship. But is is 14+ and very pricey, so I think it is a it unfair to compare this one to the other.

I have heard that is it 180$ in the US, here in Canada it is 230$ (even when 1$ USD is about 1$US CAN). :pir-angry:

I hear ya on the 'exchange rate', man. We Canadians get totally BONED on that. I've complained to LEGO on more than one occassion about it. Not that they CARE but, still...

Anyway...my point in replying was...in regard to that 'price disparity issue'...TRU Canada has 'Brickbeard's Bounty' on sale for $25 off until July 29, 2010...plus, they have free shipping (up to $25 value) on all orders over $100.

So, if you (or any other Canadians reading this) want to bulk up on ship sets/parts, this might not be a bad time to pick one up...or more than one. LOL

Outstanding collection and photography.

What I like most is the scale represented in your picture-- you really get a feel for how big one ship is in relation to another. And dang, is that flagship HUGE.

Very nice group picture! If I were picky though, I'd have to say the Imperial Trading Post's ship is missing. But that was not a standalone set and one may also argue it's a boat rather than a ship.

Also, perhaps placing them in order of release would be a good idea, it would allow us to better observe their evolution.

Still, I thinks this deserves to be posted in our blog. Expect it there soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Still, I thinks this deserves to be posted in our blog. Expect it there soon!

Very cool! Thank you.

For the imperial trading post ship, I was thinking about it, but it will wait until one day I make a picture of the ships with all the islands. One day in the far future maybe...