Sign in to follow this  
Morthen

Golden Whale

[pid][/pid] 137A

This is the first version of the project, back when it was just a WIP and look how nice it turned out,

First ship ever, with remote controlled cannons and hatches,

It was a very fun project to make, alot of blood sweat and money, but its all worth it.

And i did achive some personal goals, that i always wanted to make, here is some of them,

First Person in the world to make the remote controlled system :Check

Make riggins attach at outside of the railing at small platforms, (just like real ships):Check

Make railing in diffrent hight levels :Check

Make the Deck in diffrent hight levels :Check

Make a bending bow: Check

Make light in the cabin :Check

Make cabin windows in transparrent bricks: Check

Make most of the railing in transparrent bricks, (which creates a Glowing effect, like shown at the first picture) :Check

And if you can figure just how many transparrent green and yellow bricks i've used, then you can tell me, cause I dont have a clue.

Some credit has to go to Sebeus I, who did inspire me with he's version of the RC cannons,

(But that was only a WIP, that he couldnt make fit into a ship, entirely,

So ive used he's idea, made it more compact, made it fit into an actual ship,

And I also gave it hatches.

Never the less he deserves some credit,

Enjoy and leave me your comment, at this amazing vessel,

Above is a video, that reveals the Secrets of this vessel,

And belove is alot of images,

1339771141m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339766889m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339766897m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339766920m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339766913m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339766905m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339766935m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339767200m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339767134m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339767116m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339767108m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339767089m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339767068m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339767054m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339767045m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339767013m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339767001m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339766969m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339766955m_DISPLAY.jpg

1339786617m_DISPLAY.jpg

this is the ship without gears,

This is the first version of the project, back when it was just a WIP and look how nice it turned out,

more images is found at my Mocpages account

Enjoy, and leave your comment,

The working hatches is an extreamly impressive feauture! The same goes for the fantastic detials you did put into this ship!

Love form Sweden! pirate_wubnew.gif

Nice! Especially the shot at 1:19 is awesome. You could make a great scene with that, like here at 1:32.

I also like the fancy disco lights in the cabin. There could be great parties going on in there :drunk:

Nice! Especially the shot at 1:19 is awesome. You could make a great scene with that, like here at 1:32.

I also like the fancy disco lights in the cabin. There could be great parties going on in there :drunk:

yea alot of people told me that actualy hehe, but theres one problem, they wouldnt have anywhere to party at, (the only "fail" this moc has, is the lack of interior, which had to be sacrificed for the electronic brain,

and it was the plan the whole time to make it do that effect, it wasent easy but i worked it out, i do have to mention that, the effect reaches its climax, when the battaries are nearly dead, then they go up one by one nice and slowly,

Edited by Morthen

Nice! I like how you used Sebeus' RC cannons.

This needs to be...

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Nice! I like how you used Sebeus' RC cannons.

This needs to be...

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Well its primary hi's idea yes, and half his methode yes, rest is mine, hatches and the complexity of the whole thing, thats mine to, i just made hi's system more compact, and made it fit into a ship, and thank you,

Edited by Morthen

Excellent ship with great details, Morthen! The only thing that I think could be improved are the gears on the sides of the ship. I managed to overcome that problem on my ship with motorized cannons by using some worm gears on 1x4 tooth plates, hidden in the middle of the ship. (Here's the video

of it)

Edited by TheKingOfBuilding

When I saw those hatches open I couldn't help but be in awe, it's great to see a frigate with working hatches! Very well done indeed, I also really like the idea of making transparent windows rather than using the regular old window pieces. Congrats!

:jollyroger:

When I saw those hatches open I couldn't help but be in awe, it's great to see a frigate with working hatches! Very well done indeed, I also really like the idea of making transparent windows rather than using the regular old window pieces. Congrats!

:jollyroger:

thanks for your really nice comment,

The decoration on this ship is fantastic. Excellent work on the vessel and the battle going on inside it. :thumbup:

Cool, I never had 3000 wiews, at any of my ships (or other Lego stuff before)

Thanks to thoose 3018 who have seen my ship, it means the world to me,

It's a splendid vessel to be sure - very robust! Wouldn't want to go up against that in me dinghy.

But it doesn't look very golden or whalish. The figurehead is a mermaid - it would be better if it was a whale for the namesake of the ship.

It's a splendid vessel to be sure - very robust! Wouldn't want to go up against that in me dinghy.

But it doesn't look very golden or whalish. The figurehead is a mermaid - it would be better if it was a whale for the namesake of the ship.

If you take a look at the bow, then you get the sensation of why i call it "whale" Because of the round bow, and because of its massive size.

And "Golden" Because well......it contains alot of gold parts.

Normaly i name my ships after the idol. for example: Grim Reper, Mermaids Trident, ETC.

But this one is named according to how it looks,

If you take a look at the bow, then you get the sensation of why i call it "whale" Because of the round bow, and because of its massive size.

I did look at the bow but I didn't get a whale sensation... I'm not even drunk.

UH OH!!! My mind has entered the Twilight Zone!

You used yellow instead of real gold though. :pir-tongue:

I'm not even drunk.

UH OH!!! My mind has entered the Twilight Zone!

You used yellow instead of real gold though. :pir-tongue:

QUE???

Edited by Morthen