Sign in to follow this  
Jvvv

LEGO shopping in Hamburg

Hello my German friends and everybody else who is familiar with shopping bricks in Hamburg area.

I'm visiting city of Hamburg shortly next weekend (5.-6.5.) and would like to know if there are some great shops to visit during my stay. LEGO Store is my main target, but if there are any good shops not-so-far-away that might have some great offers, it would be great to know them before visiting.

Vielen dank in advance for anybody's help. :classic:

Hi

you should find there at least one Lego Store with this PAB Wall:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/side/off/1/

Do not expect high discounts with this shops, i never have seen in german Lego Store discounts as the US guys have... :(

Highest discounts can be expect on old sets, staying for a couple of years on the shelves of normal toystores. Therefor do a search for "Spielzeug" and "Spielzeugladen" with google to find some toystores localized in Hamburg (i do not know any).

New 2012 stuff is mostly everywhere to find for german lists prices.

Dino

I am only sometimes in Hamburg, but I know that their LEGO store is located in the main shopping street. This means it is very likely that big stores which are not focussed on toys but have toy departments will be nearby.

With some luck, you can find old sets for a reduced price. Many German shops clear out Atlantis sets at the moment. I was fortunate to get some POTC sets for 50% less a few weeks ago. As Series 7 was just released here, maybe you can find a few olders Series for 99 eurocent a fig. But these are just guesses. Buy one get one free is for example not a common thing here.

Thanks for quick tips, guys! I'll do some googling before travelling, some discounts would be nice, at least for PoTC (Atlantis has already been sold cheaply out in Finland). Maybe Minifigs is the one thing to hunt there, some older sets for a lower price would also be a cool thing. We have had some great clearings in Finland, too, but Germany's list prices are so good compared to Finnish prices that even a smaller discount can be lethal to my wallet. :D

Though, must keep my eyes open, right? Kaufhof store chain had similar prices to Finnish ones when visiting Düsseldorf last spring... So the prices can vary quite much in German, too, I think.

Did someone summon the old Hamburg cat? :)

The Lego store is indeed worth a trip, but brace yourself, for it is, as was mentioned before, in the main shopping area and will be VERY busy on the Saturday. Stores are closed on Sundays here, btw, so you'll want to plan non-shopping things for that day :)

There are some department stores with toy sections nearby, like Karstadt Sport & Spiel (you'll walk past it on your way from the Main Station to the Lego Store) and Kaufhof, which is located just right of the big Saturn electronics store. They have good deals when they clear out, but it's not always the case. As they are both only a few steps away it's still worth looking.

There are two TRU stores in the outer parts of the city, might not be interesting for you as it takes a while to get there by train and buses.

If you want to go for second hand bricks and have enough time to go, try this shop (I hope it's still there!):

Hamburger Comic-Laden

Eimsbütteler Chaussee 79

20259 Hamburg

(train station would be Emilienstraße on the U2 underground line)

They close at 4 pm on Saturdays though, so go there first. The shop is worth visiting anyway, as they have lots of vintage collectibles like comic books, old toys,audio drama cassettes etc.

If the weather stays as lovely as it is now, have a beer in the nearby "Central Park" beach club :)

So these are my usual shopping spots here. I hope you'll have a great trip and a good time! Fingers crossed for lots of sunshine!

Edited by Miss Kyle

Thank you Miss Kyle for excellent tips!

There are two TRU stores in the outer parts of the city, might not be interesting for you as it takes a while to get there by train and buses.

Hmm, it depends how hard-to-get those shops are. If it is just one bus or U-bahn line away, then there's no problem. I'll check.

If you want to go for second hand bricks and have enough time to go, try this shop (I hope it's still there!)

Now this sounds like a must place to visit! I have visited a little bit similar shop in Stockholm few times so I can't wait to see what this shop might offer...

If anyone remembers some toy shops that are easily accessable by one U-bahn line, feel free to tell, there's still plenty of time, it's not Saturday morning yet. :D

I know how to get to TRU Hörgensweg. Take the S 21 to the terminal station, Elbgaustraße (about 20 minutes from the main station) and hop onto a bus 21, direction Niendorf Nord, and exit at the Wiebischenkamp station (another 8-10 minutes or so). TRU is just across the street. Have a great day! I hope the weather will get a bit better tomorrow. :)

Or maybe S21 to Eidelstedt and there by A1 to Hörgenweg?

Is there another shop in Harburg or is it just their office there? (Seeveplatz)

Or maybe S21 to Eidelstedt and there by A1 to Hörgenweg?

Is there another shop in Harburg or is it just their office there? (Seeveplatz)

Aaah, so sorry I didn't reply, I was at work all day - yes, the A1 route would also have been possible! I hope you managed somehow!

Hi and thanks for everybody for your hints! We were at our hotel at 10:45 but still there weren't time to visit elsewhere than the city centre and Hamburger Comic-Laden... (Half an hour I spent trying to get cash because I once again forgot that it is quite impossible to pay with credit/debit card's debit side in the Middle Europe...)

Anyway, maybe 20-25 kg LEGO was carried to Finland. :grin: Town Hall and Red Cargo Train assembled. Btw, Cargo train was 30€ cheaper at Kaufhof (120€) than in LEGO Store.

Hamburger Comic-Laden was really a place worth to visit, unfortunately I had just half hour for my visit. I bought Metro Park & Service Tower for 50€ (and some other stuff), haven't still checked if there are all and correct parts. Hope so, I have bad experiences about 2nd hand LEGO shopping, and there were some sets that didn't have all the parts there should have been. But still, awesome shop with huge LEGO shelves and very polite staff.