Sign in to follow this  
JollyRogersOne

Cannot get parts to work!

I am using LDD Extended and I cannot get the part 44359 BALL to match up with another one and connect in the part 44358 SAUCER FOR BALL. Is there any way this can be done or can it not be done at all? I added a picture of the items as well. Thank you!

post-24071-132638838996.jpg

Hi

Unfortunately not. This is one of the few parts that need to be finished by TLG so that it is fully usable as intended. It's not even possible (as far as I know) to make a mock-up by free floating one of the ball halfes inside the holder.

Hi

Unfortunately not. This is one of the few parts that need to be finished by TLG so that it is fully usable as intended. It's not even possible (as far as I know) to make a mock-up by free floating one of the ball halfes inside the holder.

Well darn, do you know if they have any intentions of finishing the part any time?

Well darn, do you know if they have any intentions of finishing the part any time?

Not really. But it has been reported to them a long time ago so they know about it.

I can guess though that the fact that you need to put two identical halfes together (like you with the real thing as you slide them into the holder) is a tricky to accomplish in LDD. I mean, what kind of connectivity should you implement, since it's the same half used two times. Then I guess it's also a matter of creating a rotation point, but it shold only only be there when two halfes are together, just like the real thing.

Hm...this ball and cup element is a real "bastard" in the LEGO System...I wonder why it was invented in the first place :tongue: